PDA

View Full Version : Calling all modders- please help with collision damage model

nvdrifter
09-16-06, 09:51 AM
I am asking for anyone's help regarding a way to change or mod the collision damage recieved while resting on the sea bed floor during high time compression. I am not concerned with hull integrity damage, but I am trying to prevent equipment damage during this high compression time. I have set the rebound number to zero, but it has no affect. I have had a little bit of success making some changes to the ocean currents and such as to how much the water moves the boot around, but the damage still occurs to equipment on high time compression, eventually destroying most equipment. I am afraid that the numbers I need to change are hard coded. Has anyone got any ideas as to what affects collision damage for equipment? And, has anyone figured out collisions.act file? :damn:

Der Teddy Bar
09-16-06, 02:16 PM
Here is a out there idea, maybe by using the 'a' key to order the 'current depth' will stop the u-boat bouncing around so much trying to attain the 'ordered depth'?

It is my understanding that the Crash Speed is not only used for the number of hit points to be accumulated in 1 sec when u-boat is under crash depth, but also for the number of hit points to be accumulated in 1 sec when u-boat hits a real world object, such as another ship, wall, seabed.

kylania
09-16-06, 04:35 PM
How interesting, I just laid down on the seafloor to wait out a storm myself. :) I can only go up to 64x though, but I'm not taking any damage that I can see and it's been 4 hours under. The way I got down is set my depth to 5m below the seafloor, then turned off my engines and just kinda floated down.

nvdrifter
09-16-06, 09:00 PM
Here is a out there idea, maybe by using the 'a' key to order the 'current depth' will stop the u-boat bouncing around so much trying to attain the 'ordered depth'?

It is my understanding that the Crash Speed is not only used for the number of hit points to be accumulated in 1 sec when u-boat is under crash depth, but also for the number of hit points to be accumulated in 1 sec when u-boat hits a real world object, such as another ship, wall, seabed.
What I am trying to accomplish is to not take damage on the sea bed floor while trying to repair damage (due to the boot not being able to maintain depth due to flooding or heavy damage) with my longer repair times mod over many, many hours. And I do realize the thing about crash speeds, but that only seems to affect hull damage, and has nothing to do with equipment collision damage.

nvdrifter
09-16-06, 10:10 PM
Let me make this clearer. Does anyone know what affects equipment collision damage? ;)

Der Teddy Bar
09-23-06, 06:38 PM
Mate,
I believe the value that you are looking for is the rebound, it is used to be used when colliding with other objects.

The values for the rebound are between 0 & 1

nvdrifter
09-24-06, 08:37 AM
Mate,
I believe the value that you are looking for is the rebound, it is used to be used when colliding with other objects.

The values for the rebound are between 0 & 1

I already set rebound to zero before, but sea floor collision damage on high compression still happens... no effect.