PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Renown value

kapitanfred
09-14-06, 08:19 PM
Greetings all.

For the purpose of this excersise, I'm wondering if any talented modder here knows how the Renown can be manually changed to give yourself enough for upgrades and not lose you ranking. I believe that rank loss should never have been based on Renown value in SHIII.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to do this, i would be ever so greatfull :yep:

Redwine
09-14-06, 10:26 PM
Greetings all.

For the purpose of this excersise, I'm wondering if any talented modder here knows how the Renown can be manually changed to give yourself enough for upgrades and not lose you ranking. I believe that rank loss should never have been based on Renown value in SHIII.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to do this, i would be ever so greatfull :yep:

Go to your campaign files into you "My Documentas" folder

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\Carer nameXXXX

Open the file

Patrols_0.cfg

Go near to the bottom of the text lines and look for :

DeltaRenown=XXXXX.XXXXXX

Add renown to the value showed by DeltaRenown=

Thats all....:up:

kapitanfred
09-14-06, 10:46 PM
Greetings all.

Go to your campaign files into you "My Documentas" folder

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\Carer nameXXXX

Open the file

Patrols_0.cfg

Go near to the bottom of the text lines and look for :

DeltaRenown=XXXXX.XXXXXX

Add renown to the value showed by DeltaRenown=

Thats all....:up:

Thank you so much Redwine. One question though if I may. Can the Renown be added at anytime?

Redwine
09-15-06, 06:39 AM
Thank you so much Redwine. One question though if I may. Can the Renown be added at anytime?

Add it when you are at port. :up: Then, go to "in port before mission" and add equipment using your new renown.

STEED
09-15-06, 06:43 AM
:arrgh!: I see a captain hungry for the new equipment.:arrgh!:

kapitanfred
09-17-06, 12:06 AM
:arrgh!: I see a captain hungry for the new equipment.:arrgh!:

Well, one shouldn't have to pay or lose rank to upgrade a boat. Never happened in RL so why in SH III. :-?

Anyway, I've found out the best way of doing it thanks to some advise. One goes into the Basics.cfg file and set all renown to 0 that relate to the u-boats and equipment upgrades. No more losing rank for upgrades. :arrgh!: Oh and if u use SH3 Commander, make sure u roll back first before making the changes.