PDA

View Full Version : Wings3d Not Working

AG124
09-14-06, 04:49 PM
I forgot to save my version of Wings3d from my desktop when I moved everything to me university laptop. So, I just decided to download it again. I have tried several versions, and I am now continuing to have the same errors - some of the file menu buttons appear blank (although they do work) and imported .obj ship hulls have weird lines running through them from bow to stern. does anyone have any clue what I can do?

kaizerkat
09-14-06, 05:28 PM
hey all
downloaded war ace campaign 1.8light, i'm on my first patrol to AO98,the port Gdansk.There are german warships roaming around the port,maybe attacking the port or something.Anyway,when i get within 50km of the port i CTD...tried three times w/ different approaches and i get same results.can anyone help?
thanks,good hunting

AG124
09-14-06, 05:34 PM
I think you have posted that in the wrong thread. You will probably get more help by posting that post in a new thread with its own name, so that the appropriate modders can see it.:yep:

If someone can tell me what is wrong with Wings3d, I will start to make a lightship tonight.:cool: That is what I was going to dowhen I discovered the problem anyway.

iambecomelife
09-14-06, 08:08 PM
That description reminds me of problems I used to have with Pack3d. Are you sure it's not Pack3d that's responsible? I may be totally wrong; however, I had similar things happen to my ships after updating Java and my video drivers, and Pack3d definitely was the culprit.

AG124
09-14-06, 09:00 PM
I'm using two different versions of Pack3d, and both have always worked before. Also, some of the extracted .obj's were extracted a long time ago and used to work.

iambecomelife
09-14-06, 11:31 PM
Man, I really don't know what to suggest :hmm: - How about deleting all the new versions, erasing all the registry entries, and reinstalling the latest version?

AG124
09-15-06, 03:52 PM
Iambecomelife, what version are you using right now?

ref
09-15-06, 04:17 PM
Could be video drivers, sounds like an OpenGL problem.

Ref

AG124
09-15-06, 05:13 PM
How do I know which drivers or codecs are causing the problem - I am running a laptop right now and I am nor even sure what type of video card I have (and I am usually aware of all of my system specs).:oops: I am currently looking under hardware profiles for more info...

ref
09-15-06, 05:25 PM
Right click on MyPc, properties, hardware. device manager, screen adapters (I think, I've got spanish windows, so Ii'm translating by memory), ther you should see your graphic card type, right click on it and select properties, in the tab that opens is the info about the driver.

Ref

AG124
09-15-06, 05:45 PM
My chipset is here, but it has two entries (both are the same). I will copy it word for word.

Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

I have another game that appears to be crashing due to video problems as well, but this is more important to me right now. Still, it's further evidence that I do have a codec or driver problem.

ref
09-15-06, 08:32 PM
Try this link:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2301&lang=eng

Ref

AG124
09-15-06, 08:51 PM
No, didn't work.:nope: God, I hate using a laptop.

down and out
09-16-06, 06:45 PM
Hope you get it to work
Your ships are a great addition to the game
Thank you

AG124
09-16-06, 08:07 PM
Right now I have to finish a very boring law assignment so I don't have time to try again. However, next week I am going to try to use Wings3d even with the errors - hopefully it is just a graphical/visual error which will not affect Wings3d's actual operation.

iambecomelife
09-16-06, 08:25 PM
I'm using version 0.98.34. of Wings3d.

What version of Windows do you have?

Also, Wings3d uses OpenGL - maybe your video card's drivers have compatibility problems...?