PDA

View Full Version : Identifying neutral ships and warships in the map in Mod Grey Wolves 1.1

Claudius
09-11-06, 06:04 PM
Am I new in SH3, did it play a lot of SH2, now I am testing Mod Grey Wolves 1.1 and did I notice that the warships are not redder in the map, were they black, didn't I still find neutral ships, is that normal all of the ships be in a color?
SH3 using only the patch 1.4b, warships in the red and neutral color in the green color, and in Grey Wolves 1.1, are all black to hinder the identification?

mr chris
09-11-06, 06:08 PM
If you want to get back to your red contacts and still use GW1.1a have a look here. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=92475

Claudius
09-11-06, 06:13 PM
If you want to get back to your red contacts and still use GW1.1a have a look here. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=92475

Thank you for the help.
Hugs and good hunt!!

mr chris
09-11-06, 06:15 PM
No worries, though i could do with some luck on the hunt front:arrgh!:

NZ_Wanderer
09-22-06, 05:24 AM
I just brought them all back to stock and still use the GW Mod... - Guess I just like seeing the little icons showing up in my maps without zooming all the way in..

Anyway, if anyones interested in getting all the colors back no matter what zoom, this is how you do it...

(long post coming up)

Create a folder in your JSGME "mod" folder called "colors" (or any other name you like)
Inside "colors" create a folder called "data"
Inside "data" create a folder called "Menu" and a folder called "Sea"

Copy from your "sea" folder in your original Updated SH3 the following folders into your new "sea" folder

NBB_Bismark
NBB_KGeorgeV
NBB_Nelson
NBB_Revenge
NCA_Hipper
NCL_Dido
NCL_Fiji
NCO_Flower
NCV_Illustrious
NCVE_Bogue
NCVE_Casablanca
NDD_C&D
NDD_Clemson
NDD_Fletcher
NDD_HuntI
NDD_HuntII
NDD_HuntIII
NDD_J
NDD_Soldati
NDD_Somers
NDD_Tribal
NDD_Type34
NDD_V&W
NDE_Buckley
NDE_Evarts
NDE_JCB
NDE_River
NF_boat
NF_boat_1
NF_boat_2
NKC3
NKLS_
NKSQ_
NKSs_
NLL_
NLST
NOTM_T2
NOTMs_
NOTSf
NPC_Black_Swan
NPPL_
NPT_Br
NPT_Ge
NTR
NTRW_
NVV

NOW, open each of those NEW folders one after another and DELETE everything inside each of them EXCEPT the file that ends in "_shp.tga" eg: delete everything in the "NBB_Bismark" folder EXCEPT for the file "NBB_Bismark_shp.tga" and so on and so on.

Now back to where you created the "Menu" folder

Inside "Menu" create a folder called "Gui"

Copy from your "Gui" folder in your original Updated SH3 the following files into your new "Gui" folder

Dashline.tga
ContLine.tga

Then, in your "Gui" folder create a folder called "Units"

Copy from your "Units" folder in your original Updated SH3 the following files into your new "Units" folder

UnitWShipM.tga
UnitWShipL.tga
UnitWShip.tga
UnitSubM.tga
UnitSubL.tga
UnitSub.tga
UnitMShipM.tga
UnitMShipL.tga
UnitMShip.tga
UnitLandM.tga
UnitLandL.tga
UnitLand.tga
UnitAirM.tga
UnitAirL.tga
UnitAir.tga

That's all there is to it.. - Now just run the "GW" mod through JSGME, and then run your new "colors" mod. - This will give you all the friendly, Enemy, Neutral things appearing on your map in the red/green/blue colors.

Jager
09-22-06, 09:26 AM
By default all ship radio contacts are recorded as black on your navigation map. For me it comes down to where I am to decide if its neutral or not (for example, being right off Bergen when Norway is still neutral represents a high chance of encountering neutral Norwegian shipping). I still check out a contact if its possible to catch them. I almost let one go in my last patrol when I was assigned to patrol off Kristansand two weeks before the invasion of Norway. What I thought to be a neutral ship turned out to be a Polish tramp steamer :o. Word to the wise, always check them out.

bigboywooly
09-22-06, 09:57 AM
I just brought them all back to stock and still use the GW Mod... - Guess I just like seeing the little icons showing up in my maps without zooming all the way in..

Anyway, if anyones interested in getting all the colors back no matter what zoom, this is how you do it...

Now back to where you created the "Menu" folder

Inside "Menu" create a folder called "Gui"

Copy from your "Gui" folder in your original Updated SH3 the following files into your new "Gui" folder

Dashline.tga
ContLine.tga

Then, in your "Gui" folder create a folder called "Units"

Copy from your "Units" folder in your original Updated SH3 the following files into your new "Units" folder

UnitWShipM.tga
UnitWShipL.tga
UnitWShip.tga
UnitSubM.tga
UnitSubL.tga
UnitSub.tga
UnitMShipM.tga
UnitMShipL.tga
UnitMShip.tga
UnitLandM.tga
UnitLandL.tga
UnitLand.tga
UnitAirM.tga
UnitAirL.tga
UnitAir.tga

That's all there is to it.. - Now just run the "GW" mod through JSGME, and then run your new "colors" mod. - This will give you all the friendly, Enemy, Neutral things appearing on your map in the red/green/blue colors.

IIRC that is all you need to do---^
Dont need to do any of the sea folder

NZ_Wanderer
09-22-06, 02:50 PM
Thanks for that correction, I did the files in the sea folder cause the way I understood it was those files were the ones that were used when you zoomed in (guess I should have checked the mod posted in the link above first huh)

IIRC that is all you need to do---^
Dont need to do any of the sea folder

bigboywooly
09-22-06, 03:24 PM
No worries
Less work thats all hehe