PDA

View Full Version : Trouble D/Ling on terrapin site

waste gate
09-10-06, 05:27 PM
I registered and logged on and I cannot seem to D/L files from Download Central.

What is the trick? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

DivingDuck
09-10-06, 06:43 PM
Moin,

have you completed the registration process by activating your account?
After you´ve registered you should have become a mail with the following topic Account details for YOUR_NAME at U-Boot.Realsimulation.com - Your Virtual Naval Base and Safe Harbour. By clicking the embedded link you can activate your account.

Regards,
DivingDuck

terrapin
09-10-06, 09:53 PM
I registered and logged on and I cannot seem to D/L files from Download Central.

Please read the UBRS FAQ before asking for support in Subsim's forums...:hmm: ..nah...:damn:

The Munster
09-11-06, 02:23 PM
Hi, I'm also experiencing problems downloading, I have registered and activated and checked out the FAQ; it appears the site recommends a Download Manager [Get Right], no thanks.. I don't want something that at sometime in the future will start nagging me for money !

terrapin
09-11-06, 02:31 PM
Hi, I'm also experiencing problems downloading, I have registered and activated and checked out the FAQ; it appears the site recommends a Download Manager [Get Right], no thanks.. I don't want something that at sometime in the future will start nagging me for money !

I do not recommend d/l managers in general, I do recommend them to ppl with problems downloading.:D;)

The Munster
09-12-06, 01:44 AM

Hi, Wastegate, don't know if you tried disabling pop_ups as it worked for me :D

[Tools_Internet Options_Privacy then untick Block Pop_ups, click 'Apply' then 'OK']

terrapin
09-12-06, 02:25 AM

[Tools_Internet Options_Privacy then untick Block Pop_ups, click 'Apply' then 'OK']
should be fine, as there is NO pop-up-code at Download Central :D

Immacolata
09-12-06, 02:25 AM
I don't want something that at sometime in the future will start nagging me for money !

Why are you even on the internet then?

terrapin
09-12-06, 02:27 AM
I don't want something that at sometime in the future will start nagging me for money !

:D:up:

The Munster
09-12-06, 08:24 AM

Sorry, I didn't realise I had to buy everything that was on the Internet; I thought some things were just for fun ?!

waste gate
09-12-06, 08:42 AM

Hi Kpt. Munson,
I gave your technique a try and got as far as agreeing to not use the D/L for my own profit. Yet no D/L after agreeing to not use it for my own personal gain.
Interesting how terrapin has responded to this thread four times, but has only managed to get you worked up and lecture me on how not to ask others for help, when he seems unwilling to provide any. B4 his new set-up I had no difficulty D/Ling from his site and recommended it to others in the community often.

Thanx again for your help.

The Munster
09-12-06, 08:55 AM
Hi waste gate, sorry that unblocking pop-ups didn't work for you, I had a feeling that you were having the same problem as me [going round in circles]. I can't speak for Terrapin but I think he had to change the format as his site was getting 'hacked' all the time. Quite frankly though, I can live without downloading from his site and the attitude !

kylania
09-12-06, 09:29 AM
Use Firefox and all your woes will be relieved. :)