PDA

View Full Version : STOP THE PRESS - New Mod (check!)

terrapin
09-10-06, 02:51 AM
just published on UBRS: http://mpgtext.net/u-boot/The_News/Latest_SH3_News/SH3%3A_New_Superb_Integrated_TDC_on_Periscope_View _Mod/

Myxale
09-10-06, 03:40 AM
:rock: That's heavy! Thanx for the pointer Tarrapin!:up:

kylania
09-10-06, 03:50 AM
Wow, that looks really great!

Immacolata
09-10-06, 04:51 AM
Wait! Lemme get this right! This mod allows me to manipulate torpedo data from the periscope? Can I still take bearing and distance, then flip the panel to adjust my torpedo computer and fire away? This sounds almost too good to be true.

terrapin
09-10-06, 04:53 AM
Wait! Lemme get this right! This mod allows me to manipulate torpedo data from the periscope? Can I still take bearing and distance, then flip the panel to adjust my torpedo computer and fire away? This sounds almost too good to be true.

Didn't have the time to implement it yet, but AFAIK: You got this right....:D

Jimbuna
09-10-06, 07:00 AM
GREAT!!!!! what a fantastic bit of news...GIMME GIMME GIMME :up: :up: :up:

Kruger
09-10-06, 07:18 AM
Can I put it over my Grey Wolves mod installation ? Will this mod prevent me from playing lan with my friends just because we won't have the same game files anymore ? I lokie this mod very much, but I would't want to ruins my stuff.....It looks beautiful, thank you.

mr chris
09-10-06, 07:28 AM
Looks great but will it work with the GW1.1.a mod?
Or might it apear in GWX? Not that i know anything, but you never know what the GWX Dev team have in store.

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 07:29 AM
Hi terrapin,

why I can't get access to U-Boot.Realsimulation.com anymore? I try since weeks - but nothing. Before the site was hacked I got always access. Could you give me a hint?

Greetings,http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/4_9_7%5B1%5D.gif
SSB

P.s.: I'm using Firefox browser

terrapin
09-10-06, 07:36 AM
Please see http://U-Boot.RealSimulation.com/option,com_easyfaq/Itemid,106/

Hi terrapin,

why I can't get access to U-Boot.Realsimulation.com anymore? I try since weeks - but nothing. Before the site was hacked I got always access. Could you give me a hint?

Greetings,http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/4_9_7%5B1%5D.gif
SSB

P.s.: I'm using Firefox browser

poor sailor
09-10-06, 07:39 AM
Yes, this is great mod, but it is only for users who use automatic TDC.
Here is from readme file:

"Please consider!

This modification ist firstly intended to players, who apraise the firing solution in periscope views in automatic modus. Apraising the firing solution manual will change some terms on the ancient notepad area. These terms are not yet included in this mod."

I will wait for another version for manual solution, or better speak I will wait release of NYGM v.2.2 and their TDC and Torpedo Slide Out Displays:lol:

terrapin
09-10-06, 07:42 AM
Sure this isn't part of my 'SuperRealism' SH3 install, but gives vanilla to my 'Where's a target?!' (arcade-type) installation. I love to play 'both worlds' :)

Yes, this is great mod, but it is only for users who use automatic TDC.
Here is from readme file:

"Please consider!

This modification ist firstly intended to players, who apraise the firing solution in periscope views in automatic modus. Apraising the firing solution manual will change some terms on the ancient notepad area. These terms are not yet included in this mod."

I will wait for another version for manual solution, or better speak I will wait release of NYGM v.2.2 and their TDC and Torpedo Slide Out Displays:lol:

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 08:18 AM
Please see http://U-Boot.RealSimulation.com/opt...aq/Itemid,106/ (http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/option,com_easyfaq/Itemid,106/)

Thanks for your instant replay - but as I wrote above: can't get access, even to that link...:cry:

SSB

Shahed
09-10-06, 08:31 AM
Does this work with GW 1.1 ?

Just a note to all the modders, it's a good idea to state this in yoru mod readmes, i.e does the mod work with NYGM and/or GW. I know this is a bitt more work, but soooo much more helpful. People can then tell immediately if they can install it or not.

GREAT job & SALUTE !

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 09:32 AM
...why I can't get access to U-Boot.Realsimulation.com anymore? I try since weeks - but nothing. Before the site was hacked I got always access. Could you give me a hint?
Is there anybody who has the same prob or who could help me?
I already fiddled about the configs of browser & firewall but without success.

So long,
SSB

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/626/ssitewb2.jpg

finger
09-10-06, 09:40 AM
I have the same problem.Log in and still no joy.

Shahed
09-10-06, 12:04 PM
I used to have that problem when they first redid the site, but now I can log in as normal. I had to log in twice sometimes. Maybe try login twice ?

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 12:27 PM
Hi Shahed,

Thx for your help - but how to log in?
Can't get that damned web page. Look at the pic above - this is all I get sometimes, the most times I get..

...NOTHING

I click the link and an empty window pops up...:nope:

Greetz,
SSB

Shahed
09-10-06, 01:54 PM
Hey SSB, I have no idea how to solve the problem, except suggest you contact a site admin. Terrapin ?

ABOUT THE MOD ! It does'nt seem to work for me. I do get a changed peri but no compl;ete TDC.

Jimbuna
09-10-06, 02:12 PM
Hi Shahed,

Thx for your help - but how to log in?
Can't get that damned web page. Look at the pic above - this is all I get sometimes, the most times I get..

...NOTHING

I click the link and an empty window pops up...:nope:

Greetz,
SSB

Have you tried copying and pasting the address into your browser window?

If that won't work go to google and type 'u-boatrealsimulation.com'...do a search and it should be the first site on page 1.

I hope this works for you because since reading your post I have tried both ways and it seems to be working okay (on Internet Explorer and Firefox)

GOOD LUCK :D

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 02:28 PM
Hi jimbuna,

many thanks for the hints - but I already tried that all -> no luck:-?

SSB

mr chris
09-10-06, 02:34 PM
Hi jimbuna,

many thanks for the hints - but I already tried that all -> no luck:-?

SSB

SSB if you want this new mod i would be more than willing to dl for you then upload to say filefront.

SquareSteelBar
09-10-06, 02:52 PM
Very kind, mr chris - thx
Got it already from rapidsh.. The link was posted in the german ubi-forum.

Thx, mate

mr chris
09-10-06, 02:54 PM
Very kind, mr chris - thx
Got it already from rapidsh.. The link was posted in the german ubi-forum.

Thx, mate

Ah thats good to hear.:up:

supposedtobeworking
09-10-06, 02:56 PM
There has already been a mod like this out for a long while now...surprised not too many people know about it..it is a friggin pain in the arse to install though(not hard, just a lot of tryping and copy and pasting and text wading, time consuming thats all)

Just search on TDC Slideout Mod or look in the mod list thread. I use it with GW 1.1a and it works great and is very effective and indespensable for in-a-pinch shots and for quick double checking before you shoot. I am hoping the GWX will have the same or similar for it's release as I could not get along with manual TDC without it.

I will try this one though....looks interesting.

terrapin
09-10-06, 09:58 PM
Guys...clean your cookies + cache. Does anyone ever read software instructions (even if it seems such a 'simple' thing as a browser..)?
:-?

...why I can't get access to U-Boot.Realsimulation.com anymore? I try since weeks - but nothing. Before the site was hacked I got always access. Could you give me a hint?
Is there anybody who has the same prob or who could help me?
I already fiddled about the configs of browser & firewall but without success.

So long,
SSB

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/626/ssitewb2.jpg

SquareSteelBar
09-11-06, 06:25 AM
Guys...clean your cookies + cache. Does anyone ever read software instructions (even if it seems such a 'simple' thing as a browser..)? I did that all more than one time...
Thanks for the advice though;)

SSB

Immacolata
09-11-06, 07:26 AM
Looks like dns problems to me. Have you tried running through a different dns server?

Sailor Steve
09-11-06, 04:36 PM
So how come I can't go there anymore? If I try to log in it says I'm blocked, but if I try to register it says that name and password have already been used.

Anachronous
09-11-06, 07:40 PM
Sorry to say this. That site is impossible to navigate. Finding downloads is a nightmare, unless you know the filename.

Great mod, but id rather wait until someone uploads it elsewhere.

Phylacista
09-12-06, 01:55 AM
This mod is an improvement of FLB Sale 999s TDC Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=89433) (you can also do a search for it).
I use this for quite some time in conjunction with NYGM TW 1.1. I had to change the menu_1024_768.ini and dials.cfg. I only use the instruments on the right side that look installed and have not enabled the free floating dials (similair to the 6 dials simfeeling mod)

It is great to get running depth, speed and salvo options at the periscope.
If you are using NYGM 2.01 I could provide you with the files that do work with this mod. Just pm me and give me your email adress.

SquareSteelBar
09-12-06, 05:13 AM
Today I tried to get access via 2 different PCs. It's impossible to get this site.

I give it up...

THX to all mates who tried to help.

SSB

Reece
09-12-06, 07:21 AM
I farted around for over an hour trying to get to this mod but with only 56k modem is impossable!:x Could someone else please post the file please.:)
Thanks.

PS No offence Terrapin, but your old site was much better.

mr chris
09-12-06, 07:48 AM
Here we go Reece hope this works for you.

http://hosted.filefront.com/mrchris99
Terrapin sorry if i have broken some rule by uploading this for Reece. If i have i will remove it as soon as he has downloaded the file.

Uber Gruber
09-12-06, 07:59 AM
The old site was pretty clunky and the new site is much the same. No offence to you terrapin as I know its a pain to maintain such a site but its all about the user experiencing when trying to obtain information. I woudl really suggest you get a local kid with some decent XHTML knowledge to knock up a decent site for you...IMHO.

Like I said, no offence but its just so clunky to use.

Reece
09-12-06, 08:38 AM
Thanks Chris, got it! (2.2meg) Will have to try it out now!:D
Hoping wideband will come to our area soon, living in the bush is nice but has some disadvantages!:yep:
Cheers.

mr chris
09-12-06, 08:41 AM
Thanks Chris, got it! (2.2meg) Will have to try it out now!:D
Hoping wideband will come to our area soon, living in the bush is nice but has some disadvantages!:yep:
Cheers.

No worries mate. ive been all round aussie great country:up:

Reece
09-12-06, 08:49 AM
It is a very nice country, one day I will get the chance to go to Europe, as my ancestory on both sides is German, origionally from Herrmansberg, going back around 100 years ago.:D
Cheers.

Anvart
09-12-06, 12:56 PM
Hi, Terrapin and All.
How many it is necessary to wait while on e-mail will come activation code?
Have passed 2 days.
:o

Reece
09-13-06, 03:19 AM
Now that I got it , what do I do with it! the docs are in German only, Is there an English doc file available?:cry:

Gizzmoe
09-13-06, 04:19 AM
Now that I got it , what do I do with it! the docs are in German only, Is there an English doc file available?:cry:

Heres the English readme:
http://mpgtext.net/u-boot/Articles/Silent_Hunter_3_File_Readmes/PeriTDC%11V11.01.rar_Readme_(SH3_Mods)/

cpomd
09-13-06, 09:40 AM
This mod is recommended AnzeigenSimFeeling to be installed but I cannot find it using Google?
Tia

GT182
09-13-06, 10:55 AM
Once installed will the intruments names show up in English and not German as shown in the jpgs?

Reece, scroll to the bottom of the file, the English doc is there..... at least in my download it's included.

Hopefully it will install with JSGME too.

supposedtobeworking
09-14-06, 03:14 AM
Well I thought I got pretty good at editing the menu1024 and dials.cfg but apparently I'm wrong because I can't get this mod working. I was using TDC Slideout with 4 dials slideout, and those worked perfectly...then I uninstalled that, and followed the instructions as carefully as I could to install this mod into a clean menu1024 file from a clean GW1.1a installation. As far as I can tell I followed the instructions right, and I am not using 6dial simfeeling slideout mod...but I thought the instructions said you could still install by skipping steps C through E at the bottom which I did. Am I missing something? I get menuid errors, too many to troubleshoot, I'd say about 40 or so it seems like. It sounds like I am missing something big....I am using GW1.1a with a couple mods including clothes, sub skins, and sounds, nothing I would think would affect this mod.

Jimbuna
09-14-06, 03:44 AM
Has anyone found out if it will load and work with JSGME yet? (in English) :D

Reece
09-14-06, 07:59 AM
Thanks Gizz, I will try to download the English docs but have had a lot of problems with that site due to the fact that I only have a 56k modem.:-?
jimbuna, you could use JSGME but only after converting the menu_1024_768.ini file first, but since a lot of other mods such as my SSP mod, Sim feeling mod, Large Rec manual, bourdinstrumente mod etc!! I would not recomend it! I have put all the combined mods using this file together to form a single mod & use JSGME to install this, I think it's the only way without getting into trouble.;)
Hope this helps.
Well after trying again at U-Boot.Realsimulation all I get is "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." and I know it is correct, once again, give up!!
Could someone please point me to an English Readme please.
Frustrated Reece.

Jimbuna
09-14-06, 08:41 AM
Thanks Gizz, I will try to download the English docs but have had a lot of problems with that site due to the fact that I only have a 56k modem.:-?
jimbuna, you could use JSGME but only after converting the menu_1024_768.ini file first, but since a lot of other mods such as my SSP mod, Sim feeling mod, Large Rec manual, bourdinstrumente mod etc!! I would not recomend it! I have put all the combined mods using this file together to form a single mod & use JSGME to install this, I think it's the only way without getting into trouble.;)
Hope this helps.
Well after trying again at U-Boot.Realsimulation all I get is "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." and I know it is correct, once again, give up!!
Could someone please point me to an English Readme please.
Frustrated Reece.
Thanks for that Reece :up:

Immacolata
09-27-06, 01:38 PM
Was this mod included in NYGM 2.2?

GT182
09-27-06, 05:39 PM
Terrapin, I just went in to download this again.... PeriTDC_V11.01.rar and the download isn't working. It looks like a .dat file opened with notebook when you click on it to start downloading. Everything else I've downloaded is ok tho.

This is a partial of what you get....

Rar!ϐs $t€]cܼ—#53= PeriTDC_V1.01\SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Gui\Layout \FLBTDC.tga • A^09‡ŠEtTˆŽIHœ̻J%t 6z5“/†X~.6 €87``n‰› /-<škuj'V‚Š(r;ss•W™‰n ‰<2ɬ›7ʪtaR?~*Ž]›*g'tDti %ٷOme ]s…E18Œ•™qvM))f^”Q–I.ƒV ›)2“tG;~xJŠ,hŽ1iO”8Sa=–yتpx ;XOŠ›ŸHԹ–m??žo;ͥŸ m qŸXy6sƒ7™ct—UtŸšvaPž]œ\c G.Ÿb”“>MQ‡

Immacolata
09-27-06, 05:43 PM
Its some MIME mishap. The file is right, try using a different browser or Right click save as. I get that with Opera sometimes, then I try with IE and usually that fixes.

pokara
09-27-06, 06:13 PM
Terrapin, I just went in to download this again.... PeriTDC_V11.01.rar and the download isn't working. It looks like a .dat file opened with notebook when you click on it to start downloading. Everything else I've downloaded is ok tho.

This is a partial of what you get....

Rar!ϐs $t€]cܼ—#53= PeriTDC_V1.01\SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Gui\Layout \FLBTDC.tga • A^09‡ŠEtTˆŽIHœ̻J%t 6z5“/†X~.6 €87``n‰› /-<škuj'V‚Š(r;ss•W™‰n ‰<2ɬ›7ʪtaR?~*Ž]›*g'tDti %ٷOme ]s…E18Œ•™qvM))f^”Q–I.ƒV ›)2“tG;~xJŠ,hŽ1iO”8Sa=–yتpx ;XOŠ›ŸHԹ–m??žo;ͥŸ m qŸXy6sƒ7™ct—UtŸšvaPž]œ\c G.Ÿb”“>MQ‡

Same problem. 2 diferents pc's... :yep:

bookworm_020
09-27-06, 07:01 PM
I had the same problem in getting access to the mods, but have found a way there.

http://mpgweb.de/downloads/index.php?act=category&id=1

Hope this helps

terrapin
09-28-06, 12:04 AM
I had the same problem in getting access to the mods, but have found a way there.

Hope this helps
:D entering an URL into a browser window normally does not fix the MIME detection problems IE has since years.

below a snippet from a tech talk years ago

'
If you arent familiar with this misfeature, well, its a everyones at fault thing where Apache serves up files with unknown extensions with a default MIME type, rather than with no MIME type at all, so Internet Explorer only rarely believes the server-provided MIME type, and instead looks at the content and decides what it really is.
It certainly isnt an everyones at fault thing. From RFC 2616 (the HTTP 1.1 specification):
If and only if the media type is not given by a Content-Type field, the recipient MAY attempt to guess the media type via inspection of its content and/or the name extension(s) of the URI used to identify the resource.
Basically, any attempt at file type guessing when a Content-Type header is supplied is a flat out violation of the specification. The blame entirely lies with Internet Explorer.
Of course, now Opera has an option to do the same thing, and I heard Firefox 0.8 added this misfeature as well. '

pokara
09-28-06, 04:03 AM

Hope this helps

it doesnt... :hmm:

but thanks....

pokara
09-28-06, 04:10 AM
Its some MIME mishap. The file is right, try using a different browser or Right click save as. I get that with Opera sometimes, then I try with IE and usually that fixes.

Just tested with opera... but still gots the same problem.. :damn:

****... i cant download nothing .rar .7z from this site...
Only zip files... i also have try to reintall winrar, but nothing.. its the same...

Any idea???? :doh:

:88)

Immacolata
09-28-06, 07:05 AM
Did you as I suggested try Right click on the link then save as? You might have to stop it from automatically downloading. Just RC and save as. Remember to save it as a RAR file, not html. It works for me using Opera 9.01

Terrapin, does the site set the MIME header as a rar file?

terrapin
09-28-06, 10:53 AM
Terrapin, does the site set the MIME header as a rar file?

sure.