PDA

View Full Version : NYGM...So, how do you put it IN ??

Goat
09-09-06, 07:03 PM
Forgive this 'Q'... which may seem.. [well, you know]... I finally managed to get the file... So, what's the secret for installing the 338.8 MB jewel ???

Doesn't look like any patch I ever saw before...

Firebird
09-09-06, 07:10 PM
Did you check the archive for installation instructions? They should be in its root folder :).

Goat
09-09-06, 07:56 PM
Well.. when I go to 'open' it... I get an OPERA window... Patches that I have seen either are an *.exe file... such as the 1.4b patch for Silent Hunter, or a *.zip file... with an *.exe and [usually] a Read-Me.

I think I had this NYGM file downloaded before, but since I couldn't figure what to do with it, and it didn't look right, I deleted it. The one I got today came 'down' fine.. 150 kb/sec or so... but still looks ... odd.

kylania
09-09-06, 09:00 PM
Is it a .7z file? If so you'll need to open it with WinRAR i think, or the open source 7z software you can get from SourceForge. It works well with WinRAR though, which is probably easier to understand and more widely used. Just unrar it and read the install file, which absolutely rocks btw. :)

Goat
09-09-06, 09:36 PM
Hmmm. 'RAR'....

Yup, I have the ..............z file.

Hokay, I'll see if I can find WinRAR.

Thanks

Goat
09-09-06, 09:44 PM
Thanks again... I'll look again, when I'm actually ready to USE NYGM. A fairly quick check shows most *.rar programs cost money...

kiwi_2005
09-09-06, 10:28 PM
winrar is free for so many days - then after that it still lets you use it your just keep getting the popup tho.

HW3
09-09-06, 10:41 PM
The 7z software is free and works quite well.:up:

VonHelsching
09-10-06, 12:00 AM
Try this link. It's freeware.

http://www.7-zip.org/

jpinard
09-10-06, 12:23 AM
What is NYGM and where can I get it? I've been away for a while and feel like a total newb.

Gromit
09-10-06, 12:26 AM
What is NYGM and where can I get it? I've been away for a while and feel like a total newb.

http://www.subsim.com/~subsim_mods/downloads_tonnagemod.php

The Munster
09-10-06, 01:20 AM
7-ZIP 4.42 is free and no nagging from them so recommend. Also recommend JSGME, I would install both. Here is my 'recipe' on how to install NYGM..

After installing 7-Zip or similar..Right click on NYGM file and choose the zip tool to extract to 'my documents' [this bit is if you have JSGME Installed]. Highlight the new extracted NYGM folder in my documents and choose 'move folder'.. when the option box opens; trawl thru the 'trees' and 'roots' by the following route.. [My Computer_Local Disk_Program Files_Ubisoft_Silent Hunter III_Mods] and send it there. Next bit, head for the Silent Hunter III folder and here you would see a JSGME icon that looks like part of an engine, click it and a wee box should appear with the NYGM Mod in the left column, highlight and click the > the Mod should go over to the right hand side and that should be it.

Two points of detail to add.. you don't have to extract to my Documents; that's just personal choice, just as long you extract it to somewhere that's not gonna blow up your Computer ! and if you're not, or have no intention of using JSGME then I dunno but I'm sure there are other people in this Forum that are willing to help you. Anyway, hope this helps.

Goat
09-10-06, 08:14 AM
Ummm... Good... I understand. Thanks again....to all.

mr chris
09-10-06, 08:26 AM
I downloaded NYGM sometime ago and had not the fainest idea of how to install it so i posted in the NYGM thread asking how to do this and never got a replie so just stayed with GW. And have never looked back though am still intreged as to how different it is to play compared to GW. So might try it out when the new version is relaesed. Not that i will ever stop using GW will just have a dual install.