PDA

View Full Version : Milkcow question: Where are they?

SubSerpent
09-09-06, 07:49 AM
Been playing with the GreyWolves mod and when I go to the area that a milkcow is at I don't see any "milkcows" or ships. It just also me to dock at the milkcow and ship, but there's nothing in the 3D world there. Am I missing a ship folder or something or is this the way it's suppose to be? :hmm:

Jimbuna
09-09-06, 08:12 AM
when you are in the area/location press ESC then "Dock at U-???"

the 'milkcow' is always moving at a speed of approx 1knot or so and it may just be that it is not visible to you in the outside view...if you are within about 30km of it, pressing ESC etc should suffice.

GOOD LUCK

bigboywooly
09-09-06, 08:16 AM
Been playing with the GreyWolves mod and when I go to the area that a milkcow is at I don't see any "milkcows" or ships. It just also me to dock at the milkcow and ship, but there's nothing in the 3D world there. Am I missing a ship folder or something or is this the way it's suppose to be? :hmm:

No they are there alright :up: Subs are not always easy to see but you will defo notice them on undocking

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=290443&postcount=1
Resupply in Vigo

Grrbob25
09-09-06, 08:26 PM
see see!!! i told them there were dolphins! but they thought I was crazy!!! proved them wrong! ahahahahaah!!!!

kylania
09-09-06, 08:58 PM
I almost ran out of fuel tonite on my 17th patrol, and luckily there was a milkcow at some remote south african island! Saved me from getting stranded.

Rose
09-10-06, 04:13 PM
What happens if you get stranded anyway....? Rely solely on underwater battery power?

kylania
09-10-06, 04:39 PM
What happens if you get stranded anyway....? Rely solely on underwater battery power?

That'll work for 100km or so, because the only way to recharge your batteries is with your diesels! :)

Rose
09-10-06, 04:50 PM
Right, so what happens if you get caught off the US Eastern Seaboard... Just quit and start over? Or can you call in for help?

zzsteven
09-10-06, 05:04 PM
Right, so what happens if you get caught off the US Eastern Seaboard... Just quit and start over? Or can you call in for help?

Basically you keep drifting until a DD or a plane sees you then you die. :lol:

Of course you could hit ESC and end the patrol but where would the fun be in that?

zz

Jimbuna
09-11-06, 05:53 AM

Of course you could hit ESC and end the patrol but where would the fun be in that?

zz

SADLY...that would be your only option :up: :down:

Tijn
09-13-06, 09:00 AM
Hello i'm new here ( I'm from Holland, so my English can be a bit sloppy from time to time. Sorry for that)

I have a question about resupplying at a milkcow or a boat near spain. I'm using Sh3 with Grey wolves 1.1a with off course 1.4B patch

I was in dec 28 1940 end went to the resupply base/boat Thalia/Cadiz and docked there. But when i went back on the mission it was 30 days later. Isn't this odd? Is this the same with milkcow's? Maybe i need to fix something, but i don't know what.

Grtz Tijn

Rose
09-13-06, 02:30 PM
Hallo, hoe gaat het ermee? :D

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get JScones SH3 Commander. It allows you to change days in base with the click of a button. After you have docked at the milkcow, all you need to do is exit the game, change days in base to 1, restart your game and there you have it! It only took one day to resupply. Just remember to change your days in base back to 28 or 30 or whatever you want normally. If you need me to post the SH3Cmdr link here, I can; you should be able to find it in one of the "Stickied" posts in the SH3 Mods Forum.

Hope that helps,
Tot ziens!

SteamWake
09-13-06, 02:34 PM

zz

This one made me laugh... :p

Tijn
09-13-06, 03:05 PM
Heej meer Nederlanders hier :D

I've installed Sh3 commander and till so far it works. So when i'm back on the mission i save the game go to windows and set time on base back to 28 or do im have to wait until i'm back in my real home base?

Thnx btw

Grtz Tijn

FritzC6
09-13-06, 03:08 PM
i got the " run out of diesel fuel " message on my last patrol but my engines just kept going
fuel gauge was at 0
is this a bug of GW or vanilla sh 3?

Rose
09-13-06, 03:38 PM
Heej meer Nederlanders hier :D

I've installed Sh3 commander and till so far it works. So when i'm back on the mission i save the game go to windows and set time on base back to 28 or do im have to wait until i'm back in my real home base?

Thnx btw

Grtz Tijn

You can set Days in Base back to 28 anytime in between leaving the Milkcow and arriving at base.

BTW, Ik ben nederlands niet, ik ben americaan. The only reason I know some Dutch is because my dad lived with a family in Zwijnarde (Just outside of Gent, Belgium) for a year, and he has taught me some sentences and phrases.

One funny story he told me is that on his first day at his school there, his Belgian "brother" told him yip klootsac (sp?) meant hi, how are you. He went around the whole day greeting people, "Yip klootsac!" :huh:

kylania
09-13-06, 03:38 PM
When you get the "Out of fuel" you still have a bit in your tank, hopefully enough to get the last bit to dock or a milkcow, but not much more than a few km of fuel I think.

bigboywooly
09-13-06, 03:46 PM
Hallo, hoe gaat het ermee? :D

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get JScones SH3 Commander. It allows you to change days in base with the click of a button. After you have docked at the milkcow, all you need to do is exit the game, change days in base to 1, restart your game and there you have it! It only took one day to resupply. Just remember to change your days in base back to 28 or 30 or whatever you want normally. If you need me to post the SH3Cmdr link here, I can; you should be able to find it in one of the "Stickied" posts in the SH3 Mods Forum.

Hope that helps,
Tot ziens!

IIRC Sh3commander2.6 recognises you are not at your home port and sets days to 1 automaticcaly
No need to change

Rose
09-13-06, 03:51 PM
:oops: My fault, sorry.

bigboywooly
09-13-06, 03:53 PM
:oops: My fault, sorry.

No worries
I said IIRC and most likely I dont :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rose
09-13-06, 03:54 PM
O ya I missed that. Well I remember reading that somewhere, so you're probably correct.

christianos
09-15-06, 06:10 AM
buuh stomme stinkende kaaskoppen.. beetje bootje spelen met onze foute buren:arrgh!:

I really love milkcows!

Finnbat
09-15-06, 08:19 AM
I was in middle of Atlantic when petrol was lost.
Then I asked all the help I can have from upstairs and he did help.
Out of fuel and over thousand kilometers the diesels worked fine and got to Lorient.

Halleluja it was a miracle !