PDA

View Full Version : How do I get this skin to work in GW?

supposedtobeworking
09-08-06, 04:46 PM
I am trying to just load the stock SH3 player u-boat skin(VIIB) into my grey wolves installation because I really like the looks of it. I reinstalled SH3 for this and found the tga files for the VIIB in Data/Textures/TLowRes/Tex (interestingly they were not in TNormal/tex which is where I expected to find them....), so I take these .tga files and copy them into the equivalent grey wolves folder (tried both Tlowres\tex and Tnormal\tex). But when I load GW, the skin definitely resembles the stock skin, but it is "blurry", i.e. the rust pixels are not as well defined, and it looks like a slightly smeared painting kind of...

I suspect there is something in the GW setup which revamps the overall graphic rendering(not just new pictures), and is modifying the skin to fit it's format. Can anybody tell me how to load the skin so it just looks exactly the same as in the stock game if possible?

ref
09-08-06, 05:53 PM
The skin you're using is a low res one, the one you're looking is embeded in the sub dat file, you need to extract it with pack 3d. It has nothing to do with GW...

Ref

supposedtobeworking
09-08-06, 06:33 PM
ahh...ok thanks!

supposedtobeworking
09-10-06, 02:36 PM
Ok, I extracted the tgas from the original nssuboat7b.dat, and they worked great--the only problem is that I really wanted it for the conning tower/bridge view, and the only tgas in the .dat file were for the deck and hull. I can't find another NSSUboat7c_conning.tga anywhere else except the Lowres/tex directory. Is there anywhere or way I can get a hold of that file so I can see the original skin for the bridge view/conning tower in Hi Resolution for GW....?

Maybe is it possible to convert the lowres version to hires? or is there a nssuboat7c_conning.tga file in hires somewhere else? Why does the original bridge view show up fine in any other version besides GW1.1a even when I have HiRes Textures enabled in options?? yet it is still in the LowRes/tex directory...

thanks. I better get back to work.

bigboywooly
09-10-06, 04:39 PM
Ok, I extracted the tgas from the original nssuboat7b.dat, and they worked great--the only problem is that I really wanted it for the conning tower/bridge view, and the only tgas in the .dat file were for the deck and hull. I can't find another NSSUboat7c_conning.tga anywhere else except the Lowres/tex directory. Is there anywhere or way I can get a hold of that file so I can see the original skin for the bridge view/conning tower in Hi Resolution for GW....?

Maybe is it possible to convert the lowres version to hires? or is there a nssuboat7c_conning.tga file in hires somewhere else? Why does the original bridge view show up fine in any other version besides GW1.1a even when I have HiRes Textures enabled in options?? yet it is still in the LowRes/tex directory...

thanks. I better get back to work.

Not sure coning tower tga are in the turm 7 dat files
Try there
They only open in the earlier versions of pack 3d

supposedtobeworking
09-10-06, 10:06 PM
Ok I'll look, but could you explain what you mean by turm dat files? I'll fish around, but in the meantime if you get a chance to post...

thanks

bigboywooly
09-11-06, 11:01 AM
Ok I'll look, but could you explain what you mean by turm dat files? I'll fish around, but in the meantime if you get a chance to post...

thanks

Sorry
Turm = coning tower

Find in data\objects