PDA

View Full Version : ship skins question

fubar
09-08-06, 02:11 PM
Hi all

can anyone tell me how to edit the ship tga files.
I can't see much the opacity is high.

I'm useing photoshop

thanks guys

mr chris
09-08-06, 02:17 PM
Fubar i know this might not be the place to ask. Do you know where i can get your crew clothes from? I saw them on another tread and was blown away but have been unable to find a link to them.

supposedtobeworking
09-08-06, 04:37 PM
I second that--where can I find your crew clothes? I've been looking for new crew clothes for a while--

but in response to your original post--try this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97175

I was trying to do some editing myself--never figured it out, but it may or may not help you with what you are asking--one reply talks about "alpha" channel....I really don't know much about this kind of thing.

iambecomelife
09-08-06, 08:00 PM
Hi all

can anyone tell me how to edit the ship tga files.
I can't see much the opacity is high.

I'm useing photoshop

thanks guys

I usually copy the ships' skins and paste them onto a pale grey square of the same dimensions (usually 512X512). Then I adjust the contrast settings so that the skin looks approximately like the original.

Boris
09-09-06, 01:52 AM
You mean the black or white strips right? they are the shape of the ship as it appears on the game maps. All the info in the ship tgas are in the alpha channel.

To edit the ship tgas you'll have to load the alpha channel, and save the information back to the alpha channel once you're done.

- for everyone else, the clothes skins are in the various data\crew\[subdirectories]

poor sailor
09-09-06, 04:19 AM
Fubar i know this might not be the place to ask. Do you know where i can get your crew clothes from? I saw them on another tread and was blown away but have been unable to find a link to them.
http://files.filefront.com/Fubars_crew_skinsrar/;4935443;;/fileinfo.html

mr chris
09-09-06, 04:24 AM
Thanks poor salior:up:
cant wait to finsh my current patrol to try these out.

fubar
09-09-06, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys that helps alot.

Mr chris I see you have the answer.

thanks again guys