PDA

View Full Version : Map Trouble

mr chris
09-08-06, 01:02 PM
Hi am using the GW1.1a plus i have installed many of the new ships since then. Iam in my first major carrer and have just hit jan of 1941 and i noticed my map look likes this.
My question is should it look like this or should all of france be blue?
Any help with this minor problem is very much apericated.
http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/6057/mapiy4.jpg

Carotio
09-08-06, 01:21 PM
Hi am using the GW1.1a plus i have installed many of the new ships since then. Iam in my first major carrer and have just hit jan of 1941 and i noticed my map look likes this.
My question is should it look like this or should all of france be blue?

In 1941, French cities of the north and west was occupied, Vichy controlled the rest so only Vichy-land should be green! This changed Nov. 11th 1942!

I am momentarily working on a World Map mod as part of my GW-UA add on mod! However, I intend to release this WM mod as a stand-alone mod!
In this, you'll get more than 1000 new cities, islands and/or named places, which will change colour following the status during the war!
If you go to my site, you can see approximately how far I am in the process! When all numbers reach 100%, it will be released!

I have used books, maps and several historic web sites for this research! So anyone accusing me of mistakes, please be constructive in your criticism!

You and everybody else can see preview here:
http://carotio.cabspace.com/CarotiosModSite/GW-UA.html

mr chris
09-08-06, 01:35 PM
Carotio i look forward to your mod look like you have been putting in the hours on that one. :up:
On the map i posted above Arnheim is still in emeny hands. Paris, Dieppe, Saint Lo, Caen and Rennes are all still nutreal and yet they are in the north west which should be under German control. After all it is 1941 and the German invasion was in May of 1940.

bigboywooly
09-08-06, 01:56 PM
Carotio i look forward to your mod look like you have been putting in the hours on that one. :up:
On the map i posted above Arnheim is still in emeny hands. Paris, Dieppe, Saint Lo, Caen and Rennes are all still nutreal and yet they are in the north west which should be under German control. After all it is 1941 and the German invasion was in May of 1940.

Odd situation that France
Many have it down as occupied but neutral from the time of surrender to just after D day
The game has them neutral from June 40 till August 44

mr chris
09-08-06, 02:03 PM
Im not to worried about it i just thought it looked odd. Just wondered if it something i had done to cause it to look that way. Or was it the way GW intended it look.