PDA

View Full Version : NYGM TW 2.2 Depth Charge Mod v1

Der Teddy Bar
09-08-06, 12:05 AM
No longer is there "only one depth charge rack and one depth charge to rule them all" as the NYGM TW 2.2 will include 4 new depth charges & 5 new depth charge racks/launchers.

The new depth charges are...
British VII Heavy DC - 5mps sink rate
US Mark 6 - 3mps
US Mark 7 - 3mps increased payload
US Mark 9 - 5mps sink rate

The new depth charge launchers are...
Elco - this has 6 DC's per launcher. And yes, the Elco now has DC's
British DC rack for the VII Heavy DC
US DC rack for the Mark 6
US DC rack for the Mark 7
US DC rack for the Mark 9

LaikaFatBum
09-08-06, 01:33 AM
How does you do it? :o

you guys rock :rock:

perdu
09-08-06, 01:55 AM
wow...
it seems taht the time is comming for me to go back to sea again ^^!

what great work you done on this engine!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Fangschuss
09-08-06, 04:14 AM
You guys are unbelievable :up:

Any news about the release date ?

Der Teddy Bar
09-08-06, 06:59 AM
It is being wrapped up as we 'speak' and I will have a date as soon as I speak with Observer.

Fangschuss
09-08-06, 02:33 PM
It is being wrapped up as we 'speak' and I will have a date as soon as I speak with Observer.
Thx DTB

great news :up:

jpinard
09-10-06, 12:33 AM
Please tell me what the NYGM mod is. What does it stand for? Does it remove some things in the game that I like? Such as promotions, experience for each individual. Having an easy way to sink ships without having to to manual TPD? I knew RUB wasn't for me... but maybe this mod is? Is it compatible with the Grey Wolves mod?

kylania
09-10-06, 12:46 AM
Please tell me what the NYGM mod is. What does it stand for? Does it remove some things in the game that I like? Such as promotions, experience for each individual. Having an easy way to sink ships without having to to manual TPD? I knew RUB wasn't for me... but maybe this mod is? Is it compatible with the Grey Wolves mod?

You can download and read about NYGM here: http://wolvesatwar.org/nygm/

It stands for "Not Your Grandmother's Mod", similar to Grey Wolves it's a collection of enhancements for SH3. Most notably it's tonnage rather than Renown based. So you can upgrade freely, but it costs time.

It is, and with it's next version will become even more so, brutally realistic. It's got some very nice and extremely well done changes and features, but at full realism levels it's extremely challenging. It's not quite as graphically upgraded as Grey Wolves is. Personally it's a bit much for me, but I'm still trying to give it a fair shot. In fact just about to start a new campaign with it!

The two mods are not compatible in any way. :)

Ships are actually far more difficult to sink in both Grey Wolves and NYGM (they both use the same damage model) compared to vanilla SH3. You don't have to use the manual targetting, but many things such as Weapons Officer giving you an acurate distance when asked has been removed. So it's more difficult even with the "easy" mode on.

I'm not familar yet with how crew is handled, but awards and experience are still in there, but I believe Grey Wolves actually increases the rate of promotions.

Hope I was fair with this and it answers your questions. :)

jpinard
09-10-06, 01:37 AM

You can download and read about NYGM here: http://wolvesatwar.org/nygm/

It stands for "Not Your Grandmother's Mod", similar to Grey Wolves it's a collection of enhancements for SH3. Most notably it's tonnage rather than Renown based. So you can upgrade freely, but it costs time.

It is, and with it's next version will become even more so, brutally realistic. It's got some very nice and extremely well done changes and features, but at full realism levels it's extremely challenging. It's not quite as graphically upgraded as Grey Wolves is. Personally it's a bit much for me, but I'm still trying to give it a fair shot. In fact just about to start a new campaign with it!

The two mods are not compatible in any way. :)

Ships are actually far more difficult to sink in both Grey Wolves and NYGM (they both use the same damage model) compared to vanilla SH3. You don't have to use the manual targetting, but many things such as Weapons Officer giving you an acurate distance when asked has been removed. So it's more difficult even with the "easy" mode on.

I'm not familar yet with how crew is handled, but awards and experience are still in there, but I believe Grey Wolves actually increases the rate of promotions.

Hope I was fair with this and it answers your questions. :)

Thanks, that helps a ton (errr no pun intended)!

Do you think there's a way I can use one of these mods and give myself more torpedos or make my deck gun's shells more potent again? is that possible with simple text editing or with SH3 Commander

kylania
09-10-06, 02:45 AM
Both of the super mods shy away from anything that makes your u-boat more effective. :) Seems all they want to do is add in new ways of making you sink faster, miss more, do less damage, die faster, take more damage, find things harder, travel slower, be less efficent. heh

It's pretty easy to give yourself more ammo, and to lower the reload times. There is a setting for more damage as well, but you should read this thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97771&highlight=deck+damage) for a discussion about it. The basic idea was that if you're going to up the damage, you might as well just not use the mod in the first place. That thread does shows how to adjust the ammo though, for GW at least.

I really don't know if more torpedos is even an option? Perhaps in the sea files, but I think that might break more than it would help. :)

Myxale
09-10-06, 03:44 AM
:o
Wow, thats was quite a find! Looking foward to getting' DC'ed:-?
Well, not really!:doh: