PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Flag on a Turm

Anvart
09-07-06, 01:01 PM

poor sailor
09-07-06, 01:24 PM
That's great!:up: But is this only for other submarines or it's possible to have on own u-boat, maybe raise like periscope or something like that? That's will be really cool on return to base!

Safe-Keeper
09-07-06, 01:34 PM
That last screenie was just great. Maybe the flag was a tad bit big, but I suppose that can't be changed.

I assume you can't add search-lights to your own u-boat?

mr chris
09-07-06, 02:20 PM
Looks great but is it possible to have the flag at the stern of the bridge as it is in das boot. For when you leave and come back from harbour?

Pants
09-07-06, 11:19 PM
Looking good mate..looking good :up:
is it possible to add the pennants to an AI boat, so it looks as if it's come back from a successful patrol?

sh3rules
09-09-06, 06:00 AM
That's great!:up: But is this only for other submarines or it's possible to have on own u-boat, maybe raise like periscope or something like that? That's will be really cool on return to base!

That would've been something, but it also looks good as it is.

The Noob
09-09-06, 06:58 AM
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/179/shklw1.jpg

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9286/skst8.jpg

*Stares at Hammer and Tickle :o*

Jup, a Commie Boat Giving Facists Hell!:up:

Love it!:up:

I would really like a German Flag for my own German sub.:up:

And again, fantastic work Anvart! :yep: :p

poor sailor
10-20-06, 02:08 AM
Any news about this?
It will be very cool to have a german flag on own sub. Anvart could You made this please!
And also to be compatible with NYGM v.2.2 and that will be great!:up:

The Noob
10-20-06, 02:23 AM
A flag mod for the own boat compatible with both supermods would rule. :yep:

Cdre Gibs
10-20-06, 03:21 AM
Ok, lets get a couple of things straight. A Flag on any sub ATM can not be raised or lowered. So when you submerge its still flying (not good) This goes for AI subs as well. Now if its a surface AI Sub only then, as Anvart said, is the sky the limit as to how many an where or what type of flag you can have. BUT if you do put flags on Subs (which I think is cool) then I'd have to say that it would be better first off, to make a new smaller flag. This Flag would not only suit the Subs but also the PT/MTB's, the smaller Coastal Craft and some newer boat/ships in the works a hell of a lot better than the older FlagS. I would suggest that a new cloned FlagS called FlagT (for Tiny Flag) be made first before worrying about what can be put on what. Both the FlagS and the FlagT would also need to be expanded to come even close to what countries the current Flag.dat now covers.

Then we can start to look at what can go where.

As to the raising and lowering of a flag, this is in the same basket as to raise and lower Radio/Radar/RWR masts. IF another binding key can ever be added to do this then and only then will all the above be doable. Untill then there is not much piont in annoying any1 to add flags to your own sub.

Uber Gruber
10-20-06, 07:39 AM
Flags on U-Boats ?!!! Don't be silly man....although flying a series of penants would be a great idea.

panthercules
10-20-06, 08:11 PM
On a flag I do not work, because readers have not shown interest to this theme.

:D

That's a shame - I'm not that crazy about putting a national flag on the submarines, though if it could be done in a realistic way I think it would be great.

However, I really would love to see something worked out so that you could fly some pennants upon returning to port. I was thinking perhaps you could somehow alter one or both of the scope graphics so that it had pennants attached to the part that raised up but so that the pennants wouldn't be visible when the scope was down (and wouldn't be visible while looking through the scope, of course). Since I never use the external camera while the scopes are raised, I would never notice them unless/until I raised the scope on purpose coming back to port.

Any chance of making something like that work?

kptn_kaiserhof
10-23-06, 06:56 AM
I Have I Idea How Often Is The Observation Scope Used Hardly Ever

Attach The Flag To A Fully Raised Observation Scope

Jimbuna
10-23-06, 07:28 AM
I Have I Idea How Often Is The Observation Scope Used Hardly Ever

Attach The Flag To A Fully Raised Observation Scope

If it were possible I would rather see victory pennants for returning to port :up:

poor sailor
10-23-06, 07:36 AM
Or maybe optional, flag and penants. That would be nice!

irish1958
10-23-06, 08:57 AM
I think when a sub came back from a successful patrol it raised a broom on the tower.
Flags, search lights, pennants, brooms raising and lowering all too cool!!!

The Noob
11-02-06, 03:07 PM
Looking good so far Anvart! :up:

I don't care for that small glitch with the flag animation (It's tiny really). The positives far outwight the negatives for me.

Maybe a few "victory triangles" on the obs scope in the parts you don't see while it's lowered? :hmm:

GT182
11-02-06, 05:19 PM
Anvert, I don't believe many of us use the observation scope. Having the flag raise and lower with it seems to be a good idea. How many of us use the 2 scopes at the same time anyway? If the attack scope gets destroyed would be the only time I'd even think of using the obs scope.

Sailor Steve
11-02-06, 05:34 PM
Anvert, I don't believe many of us use the observation scope.
Speak for yourself...heathen!

Jimbuna
11-02-06, 05:42 PM
Anvert, I don't believe many of us use the observation scope.

How very 'OBSERVANT' of you :D

GT182
11-02-06, 07:26 PM
by Sailor Steve

LOL.... I'm the Kaptain of my boat and I says we use the Attack Scope. The Obs scope is for sightseeing. we hunt not sightsee. :p ;)

:hmm: Quit letting Bernard run your U-boat. ;)

_Seth_
11-02-06, 08:06 PM
Victory pennants, or maybe the jolly roger...:yep: :arrgh!:

panthercules
11-03-06, 01:23 AM
I often use the Obs scope, but never in a situation where I'd be looking at external view so I wouldn't really care if it had flags/pennants on it as long as you couldn't see them while looking through the scope or while the scope was down - I think any such arrangement that would give us the chance to see victory pennants (with or without a flag) with either/both scopes raised while entering port would be well worth it if it could be done without any really obvious visible effects (either inside or outside the sub) while the scopes are down.

Work so far looks real promising - I hope you can get this to work :up:

poor sailor
11-03-06, 05:16 AM
Looks very good Anvart! :up:

flakmonkey
11-03-06, 07:18 AM
actually it`d be fairly easy to add a flag to your sub that you can raise and lower at will, just make the flag a member of your watch crew!

it wouldnt be too tricky to add an extra crew place to your watch, all thats is needed is an additional crew model, ie copy one of the originals and alter the model to be a flag and obviously remove its ability to spot ships and any fatigue settings!

you`d have to tweak its position on the bridge to line up correctly with the flagpole too.

Itd even be automaticly removed when submerged.

see simple... well sort of :)

Jimbuna
11-03-06, 12:35 PM
actually it`d be fairly easy to add a flag to your sub that you can raise and lower at will, just make the flag a member of your watch crew!

it wouldnt be too tricky to add an extra crew place to your watch, all thats is needed is an additional crew model, ie copy one of the originals and alter the model to be a flag and obviously remove its ability to spot ships and any fatigue settings!

you`d have to tweak its position on the bridge to line up correctly with the flagpole too.

Itd even be automaticly removed when submerged.

see simple... well sort of :) :hmm:

Hunter
11-07-06, 03:01 AM
It is too labour-consuming in realization.
But it would be awesome!

urfisch
08-13-07, 08:49 AM
so...whats the deal about that???

TheDarkWraith
08-13-07, 11:49 AM
I see Anvart has made this already. Did he release it? If not maybe he and I can work together on this.....

lutzow
08-13-07, 02:03 PM
I see Anvart has made this already. Did he release it? If not maybe he and I can work together on this.....

Good idea! Work together.And good question - did he released the flag?

oscar19681
08-14-07, 03:42 AM
the screen seems to be removed for some reason i would like to see it

HW3
08-14-07, 05:59 AM
Screen removed because not everyone keeps all their photos up forever at hosting sites, after all, it is a old dead thread that has been dug up.:nope: AFAIK it was never released for download.

Anvart
08-16-07, 03:00 AM
I have found an old picture for this thread ...
(My "good" friends (using my login) deleted my 1 post) ...

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/4937/risedflagtu9.jpg