PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolves Map Contacts

Notewire
09-07-06, 09:00 AM
Gentlemen of the BdU Staff,

I am sure this is a dumb question, with the thousands of posts and threads on this forum, it seems like everything has been addressed, but using the search engine I was unable to find an answer, so here goes . . .

I am a happy GW user at this point, but I have a couple of questions about Map Contacts, which I have turned off for (my perception of) realism.

1. I still get map contacts, usually in my vicinity, of single contacts (haven't seen a convoy yet) - are those the radio contacts? And if so, how did a U-boat crew receive those in reality? Is that local German boats calling me, or triangulation? I guess if these have been left in-game on purpose, a short explanation of why would certainly be very appreciated.

2. When I do get the aforementioned radio contacts, they always have tails which indicate their exact course. I am not sure if my local German spotter can tell the course beyond NNE, SSW, etc. Is there a way to take off the tails in order to increase the difficulty (if not the realism).

3. I noted that with the Map Contact's On, I still get 100% realism. Is GW intended to have the Map contacts on to simulate your Navigator, and Hydrophone man doing their jobs (with great precision?)?

Just some simple questions. If Herr Lehman or any of the upper staff could help, please do, but don't spend too much time helping before you get back to work on GWX.

With great Respect,
Kaluen Yarre Notewire,
U-9.