PDA

View Full Version : NYGM separated mods anywhere?

Hitman
09-06-06, 07:47 AM
Does someone know if all the great mods included in NYGM tonnage war 2.0 can be downloaded separatedly somewhere? I would like to try some of them individually, and not the whole package.

Thanks

Dowly
09-06-06, 09:00 AM
As far as I know they cannot be downloaded separately, PM DTB and ask if he could separate the mods and upload them somewhere. :up:

Der Teddy Bar
09-06-06, 01:44 PM
Does someone know if all the great mods included in NYGM tonnage war 2.0 can be downloaded separatedly somewhere? I would like to try some of them individually, and not the whole package.

Thanks
Watch this space as they say :rotfl:

Seriously though, there will be work done in this area.

The issue with modlets is as always cross over. While I may be able to make a particular mod available it might come with baggage or it will be incompatible with another mod you want to install due to both using the same files.

Due to time & TW being the primary focus what ever is released will be released as is and will not be modified to make it work with other mods.

Hitman
09-06-06, 05:13 PM
The issue with modlets is as always cross over. While I may be able to make a particular mod available it might come with baggage or it will be incompatible with another mod you want to install due to both using the same files.

Due to time & TW being the primary focus what ever is released will be released as is and will not be modified to make it work with other mods.

Yes I know, I understand how the modding of SH3 is done, but I remember that when NYGM started if first came out as separated mini-mods and later evolved into a whole pack (The manual also states that) so I just wanted to know if the separated mods where still somewhere.

In fact I like much NYGM, and what I would pretend on the long run is to disable only a minor number of items instead of picking just some. Howevere, it is easier to learn what has been done when you see a separated mod instead of the whole 900+ MB pack :p

What would fit me perfectly would be a more detailed description of which files/lines have been tweaked, so I can follow the procedure and understand what has been done and mod it to my taste, but I didn't want to bother the NYGM team asking for that. I thought I could eventually learn it myself by comparing the files with the stock SH3.

Thanks anyway:up:

Redwine
09-06-06, 05:25 PM
Hola Hitman !!, viejo lobo, como estas ?

I have the same request for Teddy, sadly some excellent features of TW are not abailable as stand alone.

Yoiu can have in example the NYGM Ship Damage Mod V1.36beta as standa alone, but sadly it has only few ships.

I attempt to use the NYGM Tonnage Mod Ship Damage Model over my present installation, the sim do not crash, but i am not sure if it works fine, at present time, i am adjusting it, but i found some ships so hard to sink, and anothers so easy.

I am using UWAC V1.92 yet now, o overwrote its files with the files of NYGM TW form the Sea folder, only the files, not the graphics.

You can use you own Cargo Definitions.

You must to modify your Zones.cfg file, using the ships part of this file from NYGM TW.

You can let your sub and planes parts of your file.

I am testing it now. With UWAC 1.8 + NYGM SDM V1.36 i found a very good balance, but now with UWAC V1.9 + NYGM TW 2.0 i am having a lot of job, and i am not sure.

Game not crash... but i have a lot of variation in the quqantity of torps needed to sink a same ship, some times a Revenge battleship needs 4 torps, and some times....only one torp and ...kabummm ! done.

In other hand a T3 may need 2 or 3 torps.

I hope Teddy and his team can be a satand alone release of some great features of TW mod. :up: