Moin,

can somebody tell how to ...
add new 3d nodes to the *.dat file?
link / unlink 3d nodes?Regards,
DivingDuck

bigboywooly
09-04-06, 12:58 PM
:hmm: I asked this a while ago and no one knew then
Did no one on the German forum know DD ?

What are you working on now BTW

mr chris
09-04-06, 01:25 PM
DivingDuck just downloaded your small cutter from the german forum. cant wait to see it in my campagin! Major kuedos to you :up:

DivingDuck
09-04-06, 01:34 PM
Moin,

@bigboywooly:
till now no one replied in the German forum. Iīll let you know.

What are you working on now BTW The actual status of my fishing boat is still beta. Although itīs working fine already Iīm not yet fully satisfied with the visual model, the number of polygons (9735), the sil.tga, some minor texturing flaws and especially the "fixed" linking of 3d nodes. Version 0.91 is ready to download at http://www.filefactory.com/file/46dbc7/.

http://www.a7700.de/extern/Tex_Alle_01.jpg

When Iīve brought this project to an end, I will probably be lacking of new ideas on what to do next. ;) Iīve heard about a German sailing yacht that was used as a kind of courier throughout WWII. I donīt know anything about it yet. But Iīm going to search for all stuff I can find. First and most interesting fact to find out will be the vessels name. And then, maybe, this could be my next project.

Regards,
DivingDuck

Shahed
09-04-06, 01:42 PM
Wow nice detail. Btw which German forum are you guys referring to ?

mr chris
09-04-06, 01:44 PM
I belive it is the german ubi forum.

DivingDuck
09-04-06, 01:48 PM
Moin,

Yes, indeed. Itīs the German Ubi Forum:
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/408108363

Regards,
DivingDuck

Myxale
09-04-06, 03:47 PM
Wow the Kutter looks cool! Seein' af few of them in SH3 would so rock and add to the atmosphere!

Great work DD!
:rock:Saubere Arbeit!

PS
Sorry i know this is off topic, but is it possible to update the player sub-model ingame! I mean we can add the Japanese or British sub by replacing the existing ones, so can we, add (replace) a new model of the (for example) IID or such?:hmm:

Cdre Gibs
09-04-06, 07:44 PM
only 1 problem, its not a Cutter. A Cutter has a single mast with two or more foresails. The closest class would be a Ketch, but even thats not the right name for this type of vessel. Its a Marque (SP?).

ref
09-04-06, 08:18 PM
Moin,

can somebody tell how to ...
add new 3d nodes to the *.dat file?
link / unlink 3d nodes?Regards,
DivingDuck

It's complicated to explain, but I can (given time, we're a little busy right now :D ) do it for you, tell me exactly what you need.

Ref

Cdre Gibs
09-04-06, 08:32 PM
Ohh and you may want to check your link, I believe its become inactive, ie deleted after 7 days with no D/L.

The Noob
09-04-06, 08:43 PM
Moin,
http://www.a7700.de/extern/Tex_Alle_01.jpg

I like it's Worn-Out look.

DivingDuck
09-05-06, 03:39 AM
Moin,
only 1 problem, its not a Cutter. A Cutter has a single mast with two or more foresails. The closest class would be a Ketch, but even thats not the right name for this type of vessel. Its a Marque (SP?). thanks for any advice. Since Iīm no seaman I canīt tell what it really is. Iīve modelled it after a wooden model I brought from a vacation in Norway.

Ohh and you may want to check your link, I believe its become inactive, ie deleted after 7 days with no D/L. Since Iīve uploaded it Sep-02-06 the file is still available. You just have to click away the ad and hit the newly appeared download button.

It's complicated to explain, but I can (given time, we're a little busy right now :D ) do it for you, tell me exactly what you need. Thanks for your offer. But Iīm keen on doing it myself. So, it would be nice if you could provide a tutorial or advice of one.

Regards,
DivingDuck

mr chris
09-05-06, 06:39 AM
I downloaded DivingDuck's Cutter and added it too my base harbour so i can get to see it when i come and go from patrol. When i get time iam thinking of maybe addeding them to a few other ports any surgestions?
Top work DivingDuck:up:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/3214/sh3img59200613243156uo9.png

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8170/sh3img59200613259500ts7.png

bigboywooly
09-05-06, 08:20 AM
Nice
First time have seen it ingame
Question - is it still supposed to have smoke ?

mr chris
09-05-06, 09:20 AM
Nice

Cheers BBW.
I should be thanking you as i used a walk though of yours to add the ship to my game. :up:
Was very shocked that i managed to make it work at the first time of asking:huh:
As for the smoke im not sure if it supposed be there i though it sailed useing it sails. Im sure DivingDuck will be able to shed some light on the matter.

bigboywooly
09-05-06, 09:32 AM
You should be an old hand at it by now lol
You have added a few

Looks nice ingame :up:

DivingDuck
09-05-06, 12:51 PM
Moin,
Nice
Yes it is. Since the boat isnīt merely a sailing boat I didnīt make any further efforts to delete the smoke node. I had to choose wheather to move the smoke to the stern or not. As far as I know cutters like this one often use water cooled exhausts that break through the hull shortly above the waterline right or left to the stern. The wooden model I did this one after does not have any other funnel or exhaust than the one you can see. Thatīs why I assumed that the small pipe you can see is the funnel to be used.

@mr chris:
Unfortunately the boot on your screenshot does not wear my favorite skin. ;)

@all:
Suggestions to improve the model are welcome at any time.

Regards,
DivingDuck

mr chris
09-05-06, 01:44 PM
@mr chris:
Unfortunately the boot on your screenshot does not wear my favorite skin. ;)

Regards,
DivingDuck

Was not awear that i got a choice as to what skin the boot was. I thought that this was the only one available to dl at the moment.
Anyways keep up the great work:up:

DivingDuck
09-05-06, 02:15 PM
Moin,

Was not awear that i got a choice as to what skin the boot was. I thought that this was the only one available to dl at the moment.
Anyways keep up the great work:up:
The download (actual Version 0.91) comes with all the 10 skins that can be seen on the picture iīve posted earlier in this thread. I donīt know what pattern is used by the SHIII engine to determine the texture file to be attached to the boat. In a test mission, using 12 units, all skins showed up. If you donīt like a particular skin, you just have to delete the corresponding *.tga. But make sure the remaining *.tga files are numbered in a row. So youīll probably have to rename some of them.

Regards,
DivingDuck

mr chris
09-05-06, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info DivingDuck will looking it:up: