PDA

View Full Version : GW - graphics missing

Rustedgun
09-03-06, 11:08 AM
Hi...

My first time aboard and after reading some of the posts seams like a great place. Decided to try vanilla SH3 first and then added in Grey Wolves. I installed a clean SH3 and patched to 1.4b and then added in GW (downloaded the 5 files and then started the install). All went well. But I am missing the graphics at either end of the boat (radio omm and sonar room). All I see is large areas of black and some red and grey with a few labels showing. It's like all the textures are missing. Everything else looks great (and more importantly plays great).

Also there is a about a two inch long brown area on the main screen at the top left but it does not seem to do anything (clicked on it etc. but nothing seems to happen).

Thanks for any help

kylania
09-03-06, 11:24 AM
That two in brown part is a dragable chronometer. The little wooden box stopwatch. It's a non interactive mirror of the one you can start from the UZO/Periscope pages so you can watch the time on other screens. There's a few other little drag-outs in the top left corner of other screens as well. World maps, kt/km/time charts, flag charts and the like.

As for the missing textures, yikes! Maybe one of the GW devs would have an answer?

bigboywooly
09-03-06, 11:42 AM
Hi...

My first time aboard and after reading some of the posts seams like a great place. Decided to try vanilla SH3 first and then added in Grey Wolves. I installed a clean SH3 and patched to 1.4b and then added in GW (downloaded the 5 files and then started the install). All went well. But I am missing the graphics at either end of the boat (radio omm and sonar room). All I see is large areas of black and some red and grey with a few labels showing. It's like all the textures are missing. Everything else looks great (and more importantly plays great).

Also there is a about a two inch long brown area on the main screen at the top left but it does not seem to do anything (clicked on it etc. but nothing seems to happen).

Thanks for any help
Hi and welcome to Subsim
Sounds like may be an install problem
If you used to 1.1A installer just run it again and reinstall over the top of your current one
If that doesnt cure it there may be a d\l problem - but try reinstaling over the top first

As explained in the post above the other chronometer is draggable and works in any screen
It starts to work when the normal watch is working so uou can make timings\countdown to impact in any screen even external
You may notice up in the top left corner on the navmap screen are some extra draggable maps\sheets and a flag recognition map in the peri screen

Post back if reinstalling cured the problem :up:

Rustedgun
09-04-06, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys. I tried the install again... no luck. I was going to try downloading again but can't get it at Subsim (its says they have reached their limit) and I can't get it at the "Europe mirror" because it says it can't establish a connection to the server at gibbage.mine.nu. Anywhere else I can get this?

Gizzmoe
09-05-06, 02:51 AM
Anywhere else I can get this?

Look here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=302251&postcount=17

Rustedgun
09-09-06, 05:26 PM
Found the problem. It was not the download or install... looks like a bit of a bug (on my set-up anyway). The graphics went missing in the radio room and sonor room when I set anti-aliasing inside the game (shift + page up). As soon as I tried it with no anti-aliasing or anti-aliasing in my Nvidia Control panel all worked well. thanks.