PDA

View Full Version : Clear the Bridge! - Can this time be modded?

panthercules
09-01-06, 09:04 PM
One thing has always kind of bugged me about SH3 and has become even more noticeable to me in my last couple of patrols (late '42-mid '43) what with planes attacking me all the time, so I've started wondering whether it was anything that could be modded to be changed.

Whenever you're on the bridge and order a crash dive (or regular dive), it seems to switch you into the internal view almost immediately (seems like in a second or so), whereas I would assume that it would actually take something more like 5-6 seconds at a minimum for all the lookouts to clear the bridge. I would imagine that there's no way to mod any character animation to show the crew actually going below, but is there any chance of doing something as "simple" as delaying the switchover to the internal view for maybe 5 seconds or so to simulate this time it would take for everybody to get inside? Many times I know I need to get the boat started down ASAP, but I would really like to take one last look around as she's heading down. I know I can switch to external view manually, but it would be really cool if this were possible to mod so it would happen automatically.

Any ideas?

Myxale
09-02-06, 06:07 AM
Good Idea, that bugged me too!

Same as the fact that the gunners also can secure and clear the deck within seconds!:shifty:

A deley of some kind would be cool!

Sailor Steve
09-02-06, 11:20 AM
What bugs me is that you go directly to the control room without passing through the conning tower. I always right-click to the conning tower and then hit the 'C' button. It just feels more real to me that way.