PDA

View Full Version : NYGM and auto tdc

bilgepump14
08-31-06, 02:12 PM
Been thinking of trying out NYGM. But I can only use auto tdc, as I cannot hit a battlship at 300 metres :damn:. Is NYGM still playable on auto tdc?

kylania
08-31-06, 02:39 PM
Sure is! The mod requires you to run at "100% realism" in order to get full tonnage values, but that only includes the following limitations to be turned on:

One of the most important elements of the NYGM Tonnage War is the game difficulty settings. The renown system in SHIII calculates renown based on the difficulty settings, and the only way to get the full renown value is to play at 100% difficulty. In order to convert the renown based system to a tonnage based system, the player difficulty must be set to 100% or the player will not get the full tonnage value. Because of this, the difficulty settings have been modified to give the player a 100% difficulty for all but the most unrealistic settings. The settings which must be selected to get 100% difficulty are:
Limited Batteries
Limited Compressed Air
Limited O2
Limited Fuel
Realistic Vulnerability
Realistic Repair Times
Realistic Ship Sinking Times
Realistic Sensors
Dud Torpedoes
Realistic Reload Times

bilgepump14
09-01-06, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the reply! I am taking the plunge, except for the manual tdc:oops: I expect I will be in for some "interesting times". Thankyou to all you modders out there NYGM is great:p

jimmie
09-01-06, 07:32 PM
If you have Weapone Officer Assistance tuned on, even with Manual TDC on, it's like having Automatic TDC since the Weapon Officer instantly gives you a solution (you need to *update* his solution as time goes by, tho).

If then you have Weapon Officer Assistance turned off, now you've got to be hardcore. NYGM kills off "distance to nearest ship" info of the Watch Officer. This means now you have only stadimeter to determine the range. Without range you can't know target's speed. The stdimeter is so troublesome in a weather, so you know what this means...