PDA

View Full Version : How to edit Contact Book Data ?

Redwine
08-30-06, 05:46 PM
I have some diferences between the tonnage showed by the contact book and the tonnage speciphied when you sinks a ship at the mission log when you press "K" key.

In example, the Passenger Liner has into my contact book more than 24000 tons, but when i sink it and press "K" key, only baout 13000 are mentioned.

It is due to the merge of diferent mods.

I need to edit the contact book data or the ship .cfg data to make them both the same.

bigboywooly
08-30-06, 05:58 PM
I have some diferences between the tonnage showed by the contact book and the tonnage speciphied when you sinks a ship at the mission log when you press "K" key.

In example, the Passenger Liner has into my contact book more than 24000 tons, but when i sink it and press "K" key, only baout 13000 are mentioned.

It is due to the merge of diferent mods.

I need to edit the contact book data or the ship .cfg data to make them both the same.

Try the .cfg for the ship in the sea folder
Also the en text in the same ships folder

Redwine
08-30-06, 06:45 PM

Many thanks BigBoy ! :up:

I am user of U-boat War Ace, but i attempt to use NYGM ship damage model at all ship it is available.

So i have many mods merged, then i have :

NLPL Large Passenger Liner

and

NPPL Passenger Liner

Both ships had in my installation a tonnage of 12977, it looks too poor, it is not the tonnage asigned for UWAC, may be by another mod.

So i increase both replacing 12 by 24, then i have in both 24977 tons in each one.

I made a mission and sink both, and both shows the following tonnage sunk when i press "K" key ....25385 tons.

As you can see there is a diference between the tonnage into the .cfg file and the tonnage assigned by the mission log...

Why ? Is it due to the diference between Tons and Tones, metric syste, american system, british system.... ?

Do some body knows ?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3740/sh3img3082006203312593zk7.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh3img3082006203312593zk7.jpg)

Thanks in advance.... :up:

bigboywooly
08-30-06, 06:54 PM

Many thanks BigBoy ! :up:

I am user of U-boat War Ace, but i attempt to use NYGM ship damage model at all ship it is available.

So i have many mods merged, then i have :

NLPL Large Passenger Liner

and

NPPL Passenger Liner

Both ships had in my installation a tonnage of 12977, it looks too poor, it is not the tonnage asigned for UWAC, may be by another mod.

So i increase both replacing 12 by 24, then i have in both 24977 tons in each one.

I made a mission and sink both, and both shows the following tonnage sunk when i press "K" key ....25385 tons.

As you can see there is a diference between the tonnage into the .cfg file and the tonnage assigned by the mission log...

Why ? Is it due to the diference between Tons and Tones, metric syste, american system, british system.... ?

Do some body knows ?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3740/sh3img3082006203312593zk7.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh3img3082006203312593zk7.jpg)

Thanks in advance.... :up:

Are you using SH3commander as well?
IIRC it randomizes the tonnage so they are not the same every sinking

Redwine
08-30-06, 07:19 PM

Many thanks for interesting BigBoy :up:

Nop... i am not user of SH3 Commander, it is a great program but it take hands on too much files for my pleasure.

It is rare, if i adjust 24977 Tons into the .cfg, the mission log shows 25385 tons.

I think so it is related to the .cfg and the log are talking of diferent tons in diferent systems. But it has not the same relation as between british ton 1016 Kg, american ton 907 kg and/or metric ton 1000 kg.... :hmm: there are any more ton/tone value there around ? :hmm:

bigboywooly
08-30-06, 07:22 PM

Many thanks for interesting BigBoy :up:

Nop... i am not user of SH3 Commander, it is a great program but it take hands on too much files for my pleasure.

It is rare, if i adjust 24977 Tons into the .cfg, the mission log shows 25385 tons.

I think so it is related to the .cfg and the log are talking of diferent tons in diferent systems. But it has not the same relation as between british ton 1016 Kg, american ton 907 kg and/or metric ton 1000 kg.... :hmm: there are any more ton/tone value there around ? :hmm:

Just those 2 AFAIK Red

Cdre Gibs
08-30-06, 09:37 PM
Even with out SH3C the game will randomize ship tonnage a tad, due to if its carring cargo or not and what type.