PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping gunners bug, need help.

Shahed
08-30-06, 09:36 AM
Hi All !

Does anyone know how to wake up the sleeping flak gunners ? They sometimes don't shoot, just stand there.

Any help much appreciated.

irish1958
08-30-06, 09:44 AM
Call a captain's mast, reduce them in rank, take away shore leave and place them on perpetual KP.
Qualify your deck officer and two senior pettyofficers and be sure they are on station when needed.
In real life the subs didn't duel aircraft but did the utmost to avoid them.

Shahed
08-30-06, 10:12 AM
In RL yes, but in the game with 3 flak guns, what's the use of not using them.

My Deck crew: me, and....

-Oberleutnant with all medals, Watchman, Gunner, Flak Gunner.
-4 Staboberbootsman Watchmen, decorated to Gold & Ritter Cross.
-4 Staboberbootsmen Flak Gunners, decorated to Iron Cross 1st class.
-3 Staboberbootsmen Gunners, decorated to Gold & Ritter Cross.

So the problem is not qualification. It's a bug, I have read about it already.
Unfortunately I can't find the thread and was hoping someone knew the answer.

bigboywooly
08-30-06, 10:17 AM
Ah we go from no attacks to my gunners not firing when i get them :rotfl: :rotfl:
As Irish said it wasnt realistic to take on aircraft as the uboat normally lost
However I like to shoot aircraft down :yep:
I always make sure I have a least 2 qualified Flak crew and a Flak qualified officer
I try to promote my flak crews as well and give them medals
Dont leave them on the guns all the time as they tire and the watch is not as effective as having a watch crew
Sometimes it helps to either take control of a gun yourself and start them off or if your on the bridge with binoculars on looking at the aircraft you will get a green triangle when aircraft is in range - press spacebar should tell them to open up
I always set my Flak crews to fire at incoming aircraft and at long range
Oh and fire automatically

Hope this helps :up:

Dowly
08-30-06, 10:34 AM
It sometimes help if you go on the bridge and go thru them via the shortcut keys. Press T ->F4 ->F ->F4 and so on.:up:

Shahed
08-30-06, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the tips, will try that.

The watchmen as already stated have Gold Kreuz so immune to fatigue, SH3 standard model. Flakkers are only brought on deck when aircraft are sighted.

Cdre Gibs
08-30-06, 12:33 PM
The "Flak Bug" is a carry over from the 1.3 patch. Basicaly its goes something like this. There you are on the bridge, board stiff, so like all bored ppl with an itchy trigger finger, you decide to play with the flack guns and shoot at some pesky seagulls. When your bored of that you just select the next place you want to be and exist the flack gun. You have now just disabled the Flack Gun.

How to Fix:
With the KEYBOARD key (not mouse gui) select the flack gun thats now not working when AC are engaged or if you realise you have done the above. These keys are "T", "G" an "F" IIRC. Ok your now back at the gun thats not working, if under attack, turn Gun in the general direction of enemy, fire a short burts, (Now the important bit) EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. Flack gun now turned back on. If your not under attack, its pretty much the same deal. Select the guns via the Keys. When "T" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. When "G" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. When "F" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. Do NOT cycle through the flack guns and then exit, it wont fix the bug, you must do 1 flack gun at a time.

PS: You dont need to lay the guns aft, thats just my normal "must keep boat ship shape" mind at work. ;)

sh3rules
08-30-06, 02:20 PM
I'll have to try that, I also get my share of kills (before they bomb me into oblivion).

enaceo
08-30-06, 04:07 PM
Usually "showing the AI how to do it" by pointing at the enemy and firing some shots wakes up the AI as explaned above.
Cycling through stations also usually works.
Designating targets with the binocs doesn't always work for me ,but it might work some times.
It's generaly best not to attack aircraft,especially with the new GWX and NYGM where planes will actually attack you and not just shoot 2 bombs and go away.

Shahed
08-30-06, 05:10 PM
The "Flak Bug" is a carry over from the 1.3 patch. Basicaly its goes something like this. There you are on the bridge, board stiff, so like all bored ppl with an itchy trigger finger, you decide to play with the flack guns and shoot at some pesky seagulls. When your bored of that you just select the next place you want to be and exist the flack gun. You have now just disabled the Flack Gun.

How to Fix:
With the KEYBOARD key (not mouse gui) select the flack gun thats now not working when AC are engaged or if you realise you have done the above. These keys are "T", "G" an "F" IIRC. Ok your now back at the gun thats not working, if under attack, turn Gun in the general direction of enemy, fire a short burts, (Now the important bit) EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. Flack gun now turned back on. If your not under attack, its pretty much the same deal. Select the guns via the Keys. When "T" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. When "G" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. When "F" key used, line Gun up to stern - EXIT TO BRIDGE ONLY. Do NOT cycle through the flack guns and then exit, it wont fix the bug, you must do 1 flack gun at a time.

PS: You dont need to lay the guns aft, thats just my normal "must keep boat ship shape" mind at work. ;)

THANK YOU Cmdr Gibs. That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Redwine
08-30-06, 07:27 PM
Be sure you have not the "Hold Fire" hand icon activated.

Remove it pressing the reticle icon. If the Hold Fire icon is activated they never shoot.

It happens, almost to me, if i do not receive the alert about the aircraft was spoted, and i dont ask "engage".

Normally after remove the Hold Fire icon, and reorder to attack incoming, bombers and long range they always works fine.

Shahed
08-30-06, 10:13 PM
Thanks Redwine. Always have it on fire at will, long range. But will try the switches as well. I think I've got it figured out now, may thanks to you all. :rock: