PDA

View Full Version : To GW development team

elite_hunter_sh3
08-27-06, 12:43 PM
i am forwarding this message from the people at the silent hunter 3 ubi forums

"We thank the development team for taking the time and money to create GW. Very good mod and one of the best. hopefully the expansion pack wil make it even better."

some of the members are asking if the leader of the GW team can join that forum so people can ask questions and give comments about the development of GW.

and 1 member asks

"Sir,

Your GW mod is the best I have ever seen hands down. You and your team have brought the game to life! Two things need to be tweeked...the small merchants will not go down and make the 8.8 a bit stronger. After reading many posts on your mod and using it myself, these two things seemed to be discussed the most. After I installed the mod, I realized this is how the game should have come straight out of the box. Job well done! "

jaxa
08-27-06, 12:57 PM
Welcome at this forum, but I think we should not disturb GWX creators with their work.
Members of this forum don't know more about GWX than is written here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/TGW/news.html

As is said there:
Please respect the time and effort the GWX team members are putting into this release by not inquiring about its release date. Our guys have been working their tails off for WEEKS and need no more pressure than they already put on themselves.

It's very difficult, but we should wait patiently :up:.

Sailor Steve
08-27-06, 02:34 PM
They have answered a lot of questions, but as jaxa pointed out they are quite busy trying to get the new version up and running.

As to the two questions, the damage model is from the earlier NYGM mod (which itself has been upgraded), and the damage model in GWX will be completely new. As to the power of the gun, it can be changed by the player. I'm not sure of the exact files as I can't look at the game right now, but I'm pretty sure somebody will be along to explain shortly.

Jmack
08-27-06, 06:53 PM
:nope: ...

bigboywooly
08-27-06, 07:05 PM
From my visit just now to the Ubi forum I can say the KPT Lehman has responded so they are as informed as we are over there

shegeek72
08-28-06, 01:27 AM
They have answered a lot of questions, but as jaxa pointed out they are quite busy trying to get the new version up and running.

As to the two questions, the damage model is from the earlier NYGM mod (which itself has been upgraded), and the damage model in GWX will be completely new. As to the power of the gun, it can be changed by the player. I'm not sure of the exact files as I can't look at the game right now, but I'm pretty sure somebody will be along to explain shortly.
SH3 mini-tweaker? I used it to tweak the 88mm gun and ships seem to take more accurate damage now.
--
http://users4.ev1.net/%7Etaragem/moon_sub3.jpg

kylania
08-28-06, 02:47 PM
I kinda lucked out really. I bought SH3, played the Navigation, Deck Gun and AntiAir gun tutorials, then found this forum and installed GW. So I've never really noticed what I've "been missing" since I've been playing GW from the start. :)