PDA

View Full Version : Any help or tis with deck gun? GW

geist262
08-26-06, 07:53 AM
I have the Grey Wolves Mod installed and I am having a h3ll of a time trying to sink ships in naval academy. Any pointers? I have heard that it doesn't matter where you hit ships because SH3 is based on hits not vulnerablities. Is this true? Also, with the GW mod, does it still work on renown, or am I wasting time going through the navel academy training. I am proficient in the sim, but if you get excellant for all of them, you get points. Has this been changed. I know, I should just look at the readme right? Thanks for any info.

Dowly
08-26-06, 10:08 AM
The Grey Wolves mod is using early damage model made by the NYGM team. This changes that the ships now sink by flooding (not by losing HP), so you need to aim below the waterline and try to hit multiple compartments. Tho, the strenght of the deck gun was reduced in GW, so that it would not be so easy to score kills with it. As in RL it was only used against small ships and ships that were already hit with torpedos.

geist262
08-26-06, 11:48 AM
Yeah, my main complaint with that is I cannot finish the training because I keep running out of ammo. I never really use the DG unless I am out of torps.

bigboywooly
08-26-06, 12:15 PM
Yeah, my main complaint with that is I cannot finish the training because I keep running out of ammo. I never really use the DG unless I am out of torps.

Yes it does still work on renown
the best thing to have done is do the acadamy then install GW
Doesnt help you now

geist262
08-26-06, 12:38 PM
I fixed it. I went into the naval academy file and changed my score. I scored excellent on eveything but artie. I don't feel its cheating since I passed it before GW. And if I try to load my old campaign with GW, it CTD so.

bigboywooly
08-26-06, 01:02 PM
I fixed it. I went into the naval academy file and changed my score. I scored excellent on eveything but artie. I don't feel its cheating since I passed it before GW. And if I try to load my old campaign with GW, it CTD so.

Hehe always a way round it
Nice one :up: