PDA

View Full Version : a little help with grey wolf mod

geist262
08-25-06, 05:33 PM
Hi guys,
I got this mod(Grey Wolves) working and its great, but I have two problems. One is, I cannot seem to load AP rounds in my deck gun in the training mission. I have only tried the naval artillery mission. Two, I have a something that appears in the top of my screen in each screen, looks like a piece of wood. Here is a screenshot

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/geist262/SH3Img25-8-2006_17.jpg

Its towards the left hand top of screen. looks like a part of the clipboard. Any ideas?
Thanks!

irish1958
08-25-06, 05:37 PM
The piece of wood is a pull down compass which is a slave to the one in the Uzo and Attack Periscope (You can't make it work; it just shows what the other one is doing.)
There are no AP rounds in GW; apparently most if not all U-Boats didn't have them.

Cpt.Thorne
08-25-06, 05:38 PM
No AP rounds in GW or NYGM as they were not used "at all" in the Ubootwaffe.

The piece of wood thing is a stopwatch you can pull it down click and hold and drag it down. You cannot enable it but when you shoot torpedos via periscope or UZO and drag it won on which ever screen youŽll see the time go by and the estimation of impact like in the peri/UZO screen.
Hope this helps
CT

geist262
08-25-06, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I apprciate it. That piece of wood is kinda annoying, any way to get rid of it in the options or no? If not, I am sure I will get used to it

kylania
08-25-06, 06:04 PM
There's actually quite a few little hidden tools up there, especially on the periscope (flag chart) and navigation (*tons* of extra charts) panels. The wooden stopwatch mirror is actually pretty handy since you can kick it off on the periscope page, then watch and track targets on the navigation page for the 3:15/6:30 timings.

As far as I know you can't get rid of it, but you can scoot it as far off the screen as you can, but I'd try to get involved in using it instead. You might like it!

irish1958
08-25-06, 06:14 PM
There is a mod to make it disappear. It was posted in the last couple of weeks in this forum. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96874&styleid=4

Tat2demon
08-25-06, 08:18 PM
There's actually quite a few little hidden tools up there, especially on the periscope (flag chart) and navigation (*tons* of extra charts) panels. The wooden stopwatch mirror is actually pretty handy since you can kick it off on the periscope page, then watch and track targets on the navigation page for the 3:15/6:30 timings.

As far as I know you can't get rid of it, but you can scoot it as far off the screen as you can, but I'd try to get involved in using it instead. You might like it!

I just downloaded the GW pack a few hours ago. How do I access these extra charts? Im not seeing anything different in the nav area.

bigboywooly
08-25-06, 09:09 PM

I just downloaded the GW pack a few hours ago. How do I access these extra charts? Im not seeing anything different in the nav area.

They are in the top left corner
You can just see the bottom of them
Click with mouse - hold mouse button down and drag into view
There are 2 speed charts and a minefield map as well as the convoy map on the nav page
The peri\uzo has a pulldown with countries flags on them

Tat2demon
08-25-06, 09:20 PM
Found em thanks. :)