PDA

View Full Version : GWX Update

Pages : [1] 2

Kpt. Lehmann
08-25-06, 04:25 AM
Fellow U-boat Kaleuns,

I haven't posted much lately due to the amount of modding work the GW Dev team has been doing, so I thought I'd give you a little update on some of of the things we have done.
So we have decided to tell you about the... (Yes the following is currently functional!)

TWO new operational theatres - Indian Ocean and Black Sea!

We have added Indian Ocean and Black Sea theatres, complete with historical and regional traffic and ports.

We've also provided more historically accurate South Atlantic grids for the 10th and 12th Flotillas.

THREE new Flotillas - 13, 23 and 30!

1. After the 7th Flotilla disbands in 1944, travel to Trondheim, Norway and form part of the reorganised 13th Flotilla.
2. Sign up to go to the Med and start your career in the 23rd Flotilla at beautiful Salamis. Patrol the Eastern Mediterranean before being transferred to the 29th Flotilla in May 1942.
3. Interested in the Black Sea? If so, join the 30th Flotilla and take a Type II to Constanza. Hunt Russian merchants and warships whilst avoiding Russian air attacks! When Romania falls in August 1944, scuttle your boat and regroup with the 33rd Flotilla.

And yes, you can STILL join any existing Flotilla and enjoy ALL current theatres!

FIVE new player bases - Penang, Jakarta, Constanza, Salamis and Trondheim!
- If you join the 10th Flotilla, you will have the option in 1943 of sailing to, or starting a career in, Penang, Malaya. Patrol the Indian Ocean and waters around Australia hunting convoys and coastal vessels. In late 1944, to avoid the constant Allied attacks, you'll move base to Jakarta, where you'll spend the remainder of the war.
- 13th Flotilla careers will start in Trondheim, where you will patrol the North Atlantic.
- 23rd Flotilla careers will start in Salamis, where you will patrol the Eastern Mediterranean.
- 30th Flotilla careers will start in Constanza, where you will patrol the Black Sea.

Naturally, MASSIVE work on the campaign files is being done to accommodate the new operational theaters as well as additions to prior existing theaters.

110+ surface vessels are being scripted as we speak to ply the waves across the world in GWX. These include MANY of the latest and greatest works from the SH3 community... and some really cool stuff no one has yet done.

Great pains are being taken to make sure that these ships are scripted in a historically focused fashion.

We have also made far more efficient use of the SH3 file structure has resulted in double the content and it appears that GWX may actually be a smaller download as indicated by a compression test I did today of the alpha.

Much faster load times over stock SH3 have been noted and in general have little more impact on the system than that of stock SH3.

And scores of other modifications, too many to list here!

Please respect the time and effort the GWX team members are putting into this release by not inquiring about its release date. Our guys have been working their tails off for WEEKS and need no more pressure than they already put on themselves.

Expand your horizons! Go with The Grey Wolves! :up: :up: :up:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/Jakarta.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/TrondheimMoon.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/Trondheim.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/Hmmm.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/Cool3.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/KptLehmann/CopyofCool2.jpg

Myxale
08-25-06, 04:29 AM
You guys know ...that we are unworthy!:lost:

Kudos mates! We luv ya! Looking for a visit in Penang!:rock:

Safe-Keeper
08-25-06, 04:47 AM
110+ surface vessels are being scripted as we speak to ply the waves across the world in GWX. These include MANY of the latest and greatest works from the SH3 community... and some really cool stuff no one has yet done.Including the lighted Red Cross Hospital Ship?

Looking forward to the Indian Ocean. How's it going to work without the grid system, though?

You guys know ...that we are unworthy!For real. What've done to deserve all this from you:o?

Kpt. Lehmann
08-25-06, 05:08 AM
[quote=Safe-Keeper]Including the lighted Red Cross Hospital Ship?[quote]

Come on now!

Do you really think we would leave out even one of the lighted ships? :arrgh!:

rasmus1896
08-25-06, 05:10 AM
will there be skins for battleship primary guns?

i dont have them after installing GW

realy waiting for it!:D :up:

mikaelanderlund
08-25-06, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info Kpt. Lehmann :sunny: :sunny: .

Mikael

terrapin
08-25-06, 09:10 AM
Hi mate,

now these are GOOD news! :) :up:

chris911
08-25-06, 10:19 AM
Great to hear!!!
Which new Ships will be in the Mod ??
Lighted ones , would be nice and of course the 2 new Jap ships and the 2 Sowjet ones when they are ready, of course serges PT boats and the new French,Polish destroyer.
I think Hood, Schanhorst, Roma and AG124s ships are already in am I right ?

enaceo
08-25-06, 10:39 AM
Oooooh!Nice!Can't wait for it!It's going to be like X-mas-NYGM2.2 and GWX!Love the ideea of being able to patrol the Black Sea "properly" now ,from Constantza itself.I go there on vacation a lot of times:D
Also,can't wait to properly patrol the Indian Ocean now !Gr8 work guys!:D

Lupo
08-25-06, 10:51 AM
cant wait..................:up: :rock:

mfg lupo!:cool:

U-snafu
08-25-06, 12:46 PM
looking like the GW team have outdone themselves again:up:

Gizzmoe
08-25-06, 12:47 PM
Very good news!!! :rock:

CWorth
08-25-06, 01:07 PM
Really looking forward to this.:up: :up: :up:

mr chris
08-25-06, 02:16 PM
Oh my god you have made me very happy Cant wait:rock: :rock: :rock:
You GW guys rock:up: :up:

baxter
08-25-06, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the update. It sounds great, especially the new theatres of operation!

stabiz
08-25-06, 03:54 PM
To hell with girls, I`m gonna marry the Grey Wolves Dev team!

enaceo
08-25-06, 04:05 PM
To hell with girls, I`m gonna marry the Grey Wolves Dev team!
I'll drink to that!Might also consider converting to the muslim religion,so I could also mary the NYGM team:()1:

Deep Six
08-25-06, 04:09 PM
arghhhhh errrrrrghhh ca can can't bre breath!!!

Rock on GWX Bloody Hell mates I cannot wait!! Outstanding modding KUDOS !!!

Deep Six

irish1958
08-25-06, 05:51 PM
Kapt.L
Great news; fortunately American Football is about to start, so I won't be completely depressed until this come out.
GoIrish!!!

enaceo
08-26-06, 12:24 AM
Just wanted to ask one more thing.Could we know how the GWX will be installed?Over the 1.1,or over the stock game?Thanks a lot!

catar M
08-26-06, 01:33 AM
We don't need SH4 we have GW...great job can't wait

Safe-Keeper
08-26-06, 02:56 AM
Will there be any more eye-candy? Orcas, oil derricks, more types of wrecks, radar stations, channel markers, and so on?

Boris
08-26-06, 03:41 AM
Just wanted to ask one more thing.Could we know how the GWX will be installed?Over the 1.1,or over the stock game?Thanks a lot!

So many things have been changed, GWX will be stand alone as far as I know... the kpt. will confirm.

enaceo
08-26-06, 03:42 AM

So many things have been changed, GWX will be stand alone as far as I know... the kpt. will confirm.

Also heard that too,but will it work if we install it over the 1.1 ?

Off-topic:Whoa I'm an 中国水兵 now.I have no ideea what that means but it looks cool:D

Boris
08-26-06, 03:50 AM
Don't worry too much about the install at the moment, you'll have your answers when GWX is released.

donots76
08-26-06, 09:46 AM
nice.

_Seth_
08-27-06, 04:19 AM
Let's hope that no-one takes this and try to make money out of it...

Bad, bad X1-people.....

chris911
08-27-06, 04:50 AM
They wouldn t make money with it when no one buys it. Also maybe the modders are not copied afaik when they include a german readme which prohibits 3rd parties to make money out of their mods. My Cermanic wasn t used till now as i have included a german readme which prohibits such use.

Enough about X1

Venatore
08-27-06, 04:59 AM
Thankyou sir for your sitrep:up:

chris911
08-27-06, 05:28 AM
Off-topic:Whoa I'm an ???? now.I have no ideea what that means but it looks cool:D

Means Big Fat man that can make the earth shake. (sumo);) ;) ;)

Dowly
08-27-06, 05:33 AM
They wouldn t make money with it when no one buys it. Also maybe the modders are not copied afaik when they include a german readme which prohibits 3rd parties to make money out of their mods. My Cermanic wasn t used till now as i have included a german readme which prohibits such use.

Enough about X1

A little OT, but, we can include zillion readmeīs that state that 3rd parties cannot use these mods to make payware addons. BUT, we still dont have the permission from UBI to modify the files that come with stock SHIII, so we cannot copyright them = X1 can use them as it likes. As far as I know, X1 has asked permission from UBI, so thereīs nothing we can do. :down:

chris911
08-27-06, 05:38 AM
Simply dont buy it so they lose money and cant produce another one......

sergbuto
08-27-06, 05:53 AM
A little OT, but, we can include zillion readmeīs that state that 3rd parties cannot use these mods to make payware addons. BUT, we still dont have the permission from UBI to modify the files that come with stock SHIII, so we cannot copyright them = X1 can use them as it likes. As far as I know, X1 has asked permission from UBI, so thereīs nothing we can do. :down:

There is a lot of stuff which does not belong to UBI, such as original 3D models, textures and text. The fact that those things are put in format created by UBI does not make them UBI's property. It is like saying that all the books sold in PDF format are the property of Adobe.

terrapin
08-27-06, 07:48 AM

Enough about X1

According to EU law you don't 'have to copyright' anything of your intellectual/creative output - it's automatically protected...:up:

But - let's stay realistic - the only way to fight X1 is NOT to buy their titles AND to stay ahead of the game. If X1/Combatplanes do continue in the known way, they are always way BEHIND the modding scene.

That's a rather bad business model in the net age:rotfl: :rotfl: ! - at least as long there are enough sites left pumping out the genialistic stuff created by our coding gods for free!

:hmm:

:know:

:|\\

jaxa
08-27-06, 08:58 AM
Sounds fantastic!
I hope these news tell us only about minor part of GWX.
Waiting for GWX is like waiting for a date - very exciting :D.
I'd like to play GWX very much, maybe September?

Pants
08-27-06, 09:00 AM
This is only a small sample of things..we want to keep a suprise for you guys :up:
one of the suprises is in one of the screenies, see you can notice ;)

jaxa
08-27-06, 12:11 PM
Ubisoft should pay GW Team tons of gold for making SH3 alive and much better than stock :D.
I don't need SHIV - I want GWX as fast as it's possible :up:.
Keep your good work mates!

Pants
08-28-06, 09:23 PM
Anyone spotted one of the suprises yet? :smug:
If not take a long hard look at the screenies :up:

Cdre Gibs
08-28-06, 09:54 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh, I know, I know!!!!!

Do I win? :lol:

Pants
08-28-06, 09:55 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh, I know, I know!!!!!

Do I win? :lol:

No you dont..Now what are you doing reading..you dont have time to read get back to work :rotfl:

Boris
08-28-06, 11:20 PM
I was thinking... what the hell is Pants talking about but then i finally saw it... looks cool too!

enaceo
08-29-06, 01:13 AM
What exactly is Pants talking about?I can't seem to get it really:(

Safe-Keeper
08-29-06, 03:20 AM
If not take a long hard look at the screenies :up: The bridge in the picture with the German fighter? Or am I way off?

New moon? Or am I really way off?

Edit: It's not the Sherman tank parked in the forest scene, is it (download the pic' and increase image brightness):up:?

Pants
08-29-06, 03:50 AM
If not take a long hard look at the screenies :up: The bridge in the picture with the German fighter? Or am I way off?

New moon? Or am I really way off?

Edit: It's not the Sherman tank parked in the forest scene, is it (download the pic' and increase image brightness):up:?

OHHH you clever person :up:

Stary Wuj
08-29-06, 05:12 AM
Sorry, but I was out of community long time - last great mod I remember was
Real U-boot and Harbour Traffic - what exactly GWX is ?

This is "world" add-on for Grey Wolves mod ?

Sorry for probably stupid question :-)

Best Regards

Stary Wuj

bigboywooly
08-29-06, 07:25 AM

Best Regards

Stary Wuj

Sort off
Its the Grey Wolves Xpansion
New flotillas and areas of operations it seems

jaxa
08-29-06, 09:08 AM

Best Regards

Stary Wuj

GWX = Grey Wolves Expansion, big addon for GW, the most wanted thing for me now.

Hartford688
09-02-06, 03:49 AM
Off-topic:Whoa I'm an 中国水兵 now.I have no ideea what that means but it looks cool:D

Chinese navy sailor.

That's not common in a U boat.

joea
09-02-06, 04:35 AM
Chinese navy sailor.

That's not common in a U boat.

O RLY? :doh:

chris911
09-02-06, 05:26 AM
I still have no clue whats the surprise on one of the screens. Btw. can t find the Sherman where is it ?

bigboywooly
09-02-06, 05:29 AM
Come on Chris :rotfl:
Clue
Top left of 4th pic :yep:

stabiz
09-02-06, 07:47 AM
Top left of forth pic is a bridge, no? Whats so special about that?

Safe-Keeper
09-02-06, 08:06 AM
No, no, not the bridge, zoom in.

We're talking about what's on the bridge:cool:.

What's so special about a bridge? In Silent Hunter III, a good deal. The only bridges I've seen in Silent Hunter III so far are in Manhattan.

Good job adding more eye-candy.

Onkel Neal
09-02-06, 08:10 AM
Great update, GW team. You guys continue to amaze.

Posted on Subsim.com News

The General
09-02-06, 08:10 AM

We're talking about what's on the bridge:cool:.Is it a railway bridge? Have they put trains in the game? If so, cool!

Kpt. Lehmann
09-02-06, 09:12 AM

We're talking about what's on the bridge:cool:.Is it a railway bridge? Have they put trains in the game? If so, cool!

Now that you've finally seen it.:sunny:

Well, not exactly... We've modelled the Kiel Canal bridges... among other things that will remain a secret.

Don't even bother asking. :arrgh!: We want to surprise you all with our new stuff all at once!

It will probably take us a week just to write the readme when the time comes.

I might post a better screenshot of the bridge after I get some sleep... was uploading stuff all night. Need sleeeep!

jaxa
09-02-06, 11:48 AM

Now that you've finally seen it.:sunny:

Well, not exactly... We've modelled the Kiel Canal bridges... among other things that will remain a secret.

Don't even bother asking. :arrgh!: We want to surprise you all with our new stuff all at once!

It will probably take us a week just to write the readme when the time comes.

I might post a better screenshot of the bridge after I get some sleep... was uploading stuff all night. Need sleeeep!

Kpt.Lehmann, I'd like to read readme of GWX very much :D
I hope it will be interesting reading. I liked Rubini's Harbour Traffic readme, made together with Scire - the best readme I've ever read. Could you make something similar?

Gromit
09-02-06, 12:45 PM
Impressive! I look forward to enjoying this!

bruschi sauro
09-03-06, 07:44 AM
o.k. well done...:yep: :up: :lol:

_Seth_
09-03-06, 09:42 AM
When is it finished? when is it finished? When is it finished? when is it finished? When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished??????????????????????????????????

Cannnn't wait!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

PS: Can we shoot the train on the brigde and make it explode!!!?

mr chris
09-03-06, 11:13 AM
GWX Team you guys continue to amaze me:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Dowly
09-03-06, 01:08 PM
When is it finished? when is it finished? When is it finished? when is it finished? When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished?When is it finished? when is it finished??????????????????????????????????

When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready!

Patience my friend, patience.;)

JScones
09-03-06, 06:23 PM
Just to expand on Dowly's response a smidge LOL, we have progressed through the development, unit testing, and integration testing phases and are currently performing in-house system testing.

This is where we compare the developed GWX product against the original requirements (which everyone here had input into). As any further tweaks or adjustments require regression testing, this phase is iterative and thus one that has been keeping the team busy for the last week or so.

Sometime during this month we hope to commence acceptance testing.

So as you can see, we are not letting GWX loose without thorough review!

Roads88
09-03-06, 07:49 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, Thank you........:rock: :rock: :rock:

kapitanfred
09-03-06, 09:49 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! :up: :rock: :rock: If only more beta testers were needed:lol:

peewee
09-03-06, 11:51 PM
this will no doubt sound really dumb.

I just downloaded GW about 2 weeks ago after making my $$ donation. If I want to update to this newer version do I need to make another donation? cos I don't see anywhere to download it...........:cry: BTW I think GW improves the original game about 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Lupo
09-04-06, 12:34 AM
hi!
i am waiting................i am waiting.................:damn: :dead:

mfg lupo!:up:

bigboywooly
09-04-06, 01:05 AM

I just downloaded GW about 2 weeks ago after making my $$ donation. If I want to update to this newer version do I need to make another donation? cos I don't see anywhere to download it...........:cry: BTW I think GW improves the original game about 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

You dont see anywhere to download it because we are still testing as Jaeson said above
When its ready the links will be there:up:

cwchute
09-04-06, 04:56 AM
I was really impressed with the first TGW mod, so am anxious to get this one working. I d/l the 5 files from the Euro mirror (out of bw on the US one), and began the installation.

About halfway into the install, I began getting error messages regarding .mp3 and .ogg files being corrupted. Can you tell me which of the 4 BIN files have the mp3s and oggs in them, so I don't have to d/l the whole shebang again?

Thanks in adavance.....

C.

NEVER MIND - I re-downloaded 2 and 3, installed OK.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-04-06, 06:13 AM
Im going to burst!!! :up:

Will the Grom Class be added?:D Hows about new planes?

d@rk51d3
09-04-06, 07:10 AM
..... or destructible ground targets. Imagine leaving the enemy harbour completely in flames. (the harbour that is, not you.:oops: )

peewee
09-04-06, 08:16 AM

You dont see anywhere to download it because we are still testing as Jaeson said above
When its ready the links will be there:up:

Yet you have a link to v1.1a at the bottom of your post? when I go to it, I get redirected to the subscription page......... I must be getting to old for this stuff..........me no unnerstand..

WilhelmSchulz.
09-04-06, 08:28 AM
Thats the first version of TGW.:ping:

The General
09-04-06, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the new info JScones. Like a pack of wolves we are hungry for more.

peewee
09-04-06, 08:32 AM
ok, NOW I get it. See I told you I was too old for this stuff...................

WilhelmSchulz.
09-04-06, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the new info JScones. Like a pack of wolves we are hungry for more.
Yes this truly is a "Happy Time" :yep:

Goose_green
09-04-06, 09:46 AM
Excellent! Looks really good and some nice extra features too.

Grey Wolves rocks:up:

Grrbob25
09-04-06, 01:02 PM
*sigh* I still dont have the orginal TGW because I'm too friggin lazy to download it, plus I dont have any money so I cant buy the subsim DVD.......Its a sad, sad life for me :help:

silencer
09-04-06, 02:07 PM
I wanted to try out 1.1a, but I can't download it. tried both links.

bigboywooly
09-04-06, 02:14 PM
I wanted to try out 1.1a, but I can't download it. tried both links.

These too ?

http://www.subsim.com/~subsim_mods/downloads_greywolves.php

You can also download it via Bittorrent:
http://home.arcor.de/gizzmoe/files/G...s_1.1a.torrent

Jimbuna
09-04-06, 03:08 PM
not expressing a preference here...but just wondering if the 'anti humming bird' will be included in GWX ?

Hueywolf123
09-04-06, 04:21 PM
I've got two questions,
1, When will it be released?
2, Is it an upgrade/addon to GW 1.1? or will GW users have to uninstall this then reinstall GWX?
Other than that, I can't wait. It looks amazing. As for the anti hummingbird mod, it is included in NYGM latest version.
I must point out here, that in 1944, not too long after gnats were recognised as homing torpedoes, the RN introduced a gnat counter-measure called the hummingbird. It was a small drone, towed by destroyer escorts about 50m behind them. It used a water vane of some sort that emitted a loud noise, the torpedo would home in on this.
These did however, limit the range and accuracy of their ASDIC.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-04-06, 04:24 PM
we dont know when its due. Its done when its done.

arthurgogol
09-04-06, 05:06 PM
I'd like to say thanks and thanks for this MOD, it's great.

I have just 4 suggestions :

- In the next version, could we have "howls" of the seamen who are wounded in the navy when we shout them and when the navy burn?

-Include more ports in the world?

- The fatigue is boring , can we supprime it in a option?

- french ports like le havre or marseille will be complete?

Sorry to my english and thanks again.:arrgh!:

kylania
09-04-06, 05:34 PM
not expressing a preference here...but just wondering if the 'anti humming bird' will be included in GWX ?

As of today it's available for GW 1.1a (http://wolvesatwar.org/nygm/?page_id=3) thanks to the NYGM team.

Klt_KUrtz
09-04-06, 06:00 PM
Looks great to me!
:up:
KUrtz.

Nate8thcvi
09-05-06, 02:31 PM
Much faster load times over stock SH3 have been noted and in general have little more impact on the system than that of stock SH3.

Is this true? I downloaded GW 1.1 some time ago, installed it, and framerates were down to about 7 fps on the bridge. It would cause the computer to reboot in other situations, so I stopped using it. I even tried installing various downloads in case I had a corrupted file, but to no avail.

Thanks for your continuing support of SH3.

Nate

WilhelmSchulz.
09-05-06, 04:04 PM
have you instaled the enhanced seafloor part?

bigboywooly
09-05-06, 04:06 PM
have you instaled the enhanced seafloor part?

Cant say how the update will install ( Cos I dont know ) but IF its anything like 1.1A you will have the choice to install the enhanced seafloor or not

WilhelmSchulz.
09-05-06, 05:42 PM
yea because I had that problem re-instaled without the enhanced seaflor part and it was fine

bigboywooly
09-05-06, 05:43 PM
yea because I had that problem re-instaled without the enhanced seaflor part and it was fine

Same here
I uninstalled 1.0 and gave up on it as so bad until I found out about the seafloor
Not looked back since :up:

nikimcbee
09-05-06, 08:49 PM
Can't wait for the Black Sea :rock: :rock: :rock: That's a great part of the U-Boat's Story.

Bezoomney
09-06-06, 03:49 AM
Thanx guys!!:up: :rock:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-06-06, 05:18 AM
Will the Monsoon groups be added? :hmm:

Kpt. Lehmann
09-06-06, 12:17 PM

As previously stated... They already have. :up: :up: :up:

jaxa
09-06-06, 02:16 PM
We will can use type IXD2 as real Monsoon uboote at last :up:.

My motto: GWX Update - no questions, only patience.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-06-06, 02:32 PM

As previously stated... They already have. :up: :up: :up:
SWEET!!!

_Seth_
09-07-06, 03:37 PM

When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready! When itīs ready!

Patience my friend, patience.;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cdre Gibs
09-07-06, 08:00 PM
The GWX Real Life U-boat Behavior Mod- Mod by Kpt. Lehmann, mod based on R&D to SH3 by Cdre Gibs.

This mod causes your U-boat to react more accurately to its environment and reflects the fragile nature of "trim" in comparison to hydrodynamics.

Creating this mod led to a whole series of very cool discoveries and situations in testing.

U-boats were never usually set for neutral buoyancy anyway... Trim was set to be slightly positive. This was generally done with safety in mind.

In GWX the "All stop" command will bring the U-boat up a few meters to a point where NEUTRAL bouyancy is achieved... not necessarily to the surface. This accurately simulates a U-boat's trim for positive bouyancy.

As you travel and set your depth... the boat will generally settle at roughly one meter less than you set... (If you are travelling at 1.5-2 knots.)

Periscope depth is a little more more tricky now.

At shallow depths speed below 2 knots increases the risk of breaching the surface.

Additionally there is now greater pitch and roll on the surface.

This mod also implements and represents wave action/friction much more realistically. Heavy seas impede forward motion and cost fuel. You will be able to watch your knot-meter for proof... you can see it change slightly as waves crash against your bow.
In storms, forward motion will be somewhat impeded... costing you fuel as you attempt to compensate by pushing your diesels harder.

A better feeling of mass is now present... Acceleration takes more time. In the higher speed ranges coming up to desired speed takes a little longer.

Directional changes cost speed (as usual... but a touch more so now)

Fragility of trim- (See all statements on positive bouancy) Being depth charged upset the boat more which the U-boat Captain must actively manage... takes more time to recover control/trim of boat after close detonations... I was BLASTED TO THE SURFACE (as I have read in real life accounts over and over) more than once. DC's detonating above you may force you down a bit more than before.

You will need to use an occasional burst of power to control the boat occasionally during close DC attacks. This naturally makes noise and with this one element alone, enemy sensors have become more effective in a passive way. (As previously mentioned... GWX sensors are being overhauled)

Flooding adds mass to your U-boat fast... will affect the trim of the boat and must be reacted to with all possible haste! Remember trim is fragile. I'm sure you can guess what happens when your boat begins taking on water... Again you will have to make noise to stop the flooding... and increase power to maintain depth.

We spent a great deal of time testing this aspect of GWX and I believe most users are going to be rather happy with what we've done here.

Sink them all mates!

kapitanfred
09-08-06, 03:10 AM
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to GWX:up:

d@rk51d3
09-08-06, 07:37 AM
To quote "Cat" from Red Dwarf:

"I'm so excited, all six of my nipples are tingling........":rotfl:

Dowly
09-08-06, 09:37 AM
To quote "Cat" from Red Dwarf:

"I'm so excited, all six of my nipples are tingling........":rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-09-06, 06:16 AM
when GWX arrives, everybody will feel like its xmas.....and santa will be facing redundancy :lol:

DarkFolle
09-09-06, 01:39 PM
mmm..not yet convinced tough...mmm.... i like the GW1.1a...but escape when being hunted, it's so difficult now, i imagine later...i hope ya all tests the subs situations in 1944, coz there were the worst subs situations in the world.

btw and a little off topic...

with sh3 commander 2.6 u have as always the no fatigue crew option, but....it's too much no fatigue!, can anyone make another option like "more power crew" coz i like to manage my crew, but not with the default crew model of sh3, it's too much exaustive....i know there's "church u boat crew more power mod", that does what i'm talkin abt, but it doesn't work with sh3 commander 2,6 and GW installed...hope u can help guys.

rjcjunior
09-11-06, 03:25 PM
once angain, the limit off bandwith reached:nope:

mr chris
09-11-06, 03:33 PM
If your trying to download GW1.1a try the new links here.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=94544

rjcjunior
09-11-06, 04:00 PM

Now, the game is complete :rock:

Congratullations, DevTeam :know:

mr chris
09-11-06, 04:09 PM

Now, the game is complete :rock:

Congratullations, DevTeam :know:

No worries:up: Enjoy GW it will blow you away.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-12-06, 07:38 PM
Any clue on a release date?

kapitanfred
09-12-06, 08:03 PM

I believe the release date will be when it's released :yep: It's been mentioned a few times. Sorry for the runt.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-13-06, 08:36 AM

I believe the release date will be when it's released :yep: It's been mentioned a few times. Sorry for the runt.
I know that I just heard it was nearing completion and was wondering on what time to expect it.:hmm:

mr chris
09-13-06, 08:51 AM
On u-boat real simulation they are holding a web chat wit hthe devs of GWX and the is a perview of this. Where the people at UBRS say GWX is a few weeks away not to sure how true this is. But till when ever it is release is the is many more ships for me to sink useing GW1.1a:arrgh!:

The Noob
09-13-06, 08:55 AM

It means "The chinese sailor". :D
Found that out over Google Translator...;)

Jimbuna
09-13-06, 12:24 PM

It means "The chinese sailor". :D
Found that out over Google Translator...;)

Either that or "All dishes sold with either boiled rice or chips" :lol:

Roads88
09-13-06, 01:18 PM
Either that or "All dishes sold with either boiled rice or chips"

Now thats funny!:rotfl:

Mast
09-13-06, 08:50 PM
Wow...I've been away too long. :rock: Now...I will be keeping my eyes out for this!

Mast

Safe-Keeper
09-14-06, 07:10 AM
Question: Will GWX add even more historical events, such as new invasion landings (Normandie, Casablanca, and so on), the Dunkirque Evacuation, and the Battle of Britain?

I have a feeling I know the answer.

kapitanfred
09-14-06, 09:29 PM
It must be getting closer now. I feel it in my p------ :lol:

Pants
09-15-06, 02:13 AM

Eww fancy feeling your P, hope you wore rubber gloves :rotfl:

kapitanfred
09-15-06, 03:20 AM

Eww fancy feeling your P, hope you wore rubber gloves :rotfl:

Ah!! the first caught corrupt mind :arrgh!:

Safe-Keeper
09-15-06, 06:19 AM
http://images.apple.com/games/articles/2004/09/spiderman2/images/shot1.jpg (http://images.apple.com/games/articles/2004/09/spiderman2/images/shot1.jpg)
"My phallic senses are tingling:ping:."

WilhelmSchulz.
09-16-06, 02:46 PM
Will there be new crusers(ie American)?:hmm:

Also can you make the distance betewwnships more realistic?(1000m)

Jimbuna
09-17-06, 07:46 AM
Are there any plans for additional ambient sounds?:D

Kpt. Lehmann
09-17-06, 01:12 PM
I hesitate to articulate for fear that my answer may deviate from the course of natural truth... or what you may want to hear... (no pun intended :rotfl: )

:p

All these questions about what we have done...

Do you always open your presents before Christmas?

The Noob
09-17-06, 01:47 PM

:yep:

Dowly
09-17-06, 02:39 PM
:yep:

In that case, you wont get any presents ītill itīs ready! :rotfl:

Safe-Keeper
09-17-06, 03:46 PM
I prefer to be pleasantly surprised.

As long as you add C-47 Skytrains for eye-candy. I want to be able to witness some airborne invasions:sunny:.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-17-06, 06:18 PM
I hesitate to articulate for fear that my answer may deviate from the course of natural truth... or what you may want to hear... (no pun intended :rotfl: )

I just want to know whats in store. Give us some ship teasers please? Just to wet out toungs?

WilhelmSchulz.
09-18-06, 04:36 PM
Sugestion. Can you change the RND files to inclued these new ships in convoys?:up:

bigboywooly
09-18-06, 04:56 PM
Sugestion. Can you change the RND files to inclued these new ships in convoys?:up:

Which new ships are you on about WS ?
The majority of the ships in RND layers are generic
By that I mean the entries are Type=102 ( cargo ) with no class= entries - which basically means when the convoy is 3d rendered close to player the game will pick any type=102 in a countries roster - as in the example below

[RndGroup 894.RndUnit 1]
Type=102
Origin=British
Side=1
CargoExt=2
CargoInt=0
CfgDate=19390101
No=1
Escort=false
SpawnProbability=100
CrewRating=2

Thats one reason why a lightship couldnt be classed as cargo/merchant or could spawn anywhere
It can be given a different class - say -type=100 which is a resupply ship and would only appear where scripted

Hope that makes sense

WilhelmSchulz.
09-18-06, 05:38 PM

By that I mean the entries are Type=102 ( cargo ) with no class= entries - which basically means when the convoy is 3d rendered close to player the game will pick any type=102 in a countries roster - as in the example below

[RndGroup 894.RndUnit 1]
Type=102
Origin=British
Side=1
CargoExt=2
CargoInt=0
CfgDate=19390101
No=1
Escort=false
SpawnProbability=100
CrewRating=2

Thats one reason why a lightship couldnt be classed as cargo/merchant or could spawn anywhere
It can be given a different class - say -type=100 which is a resupply ship and would only appear where scripted

Hope that makes sense
:-?
And I mean the new ships allready in GW and in the upcoming GWX

bigboywooly
09-18-06, 05:40 PM

[RndGroup 894.RndUnit 1]
Type=102
Origin=British
Side=1
CargoExt=2
CargoInt=0
CfgDate=19390101
No=1
Escort=false
SpawnProbability=100
CrewRating=2

Hope that makes sense
:-?
And I mean the new ships allready in GW and in the upcoming GWX

As explained above - all new cargo\tankers\Patrol boats\DD will spawn as regular as the original ones
Its only ships such as Graf Spee\Graf Zeppelin that need to be added

Claudius
09-18-06, 05:56 PM
EmeAzul this is for you!!! It will be difficult to answer messages private correspondents
I need clues and pieces of advice to play SH 3 you only that can help myself!!!
I ordered messages for private e-mail, please get in touch with me.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-19-06, 03:02 PM
well I have never seen a Large Merhant in a convoy. :-?

THE_MASK
09-19-06, 04:53 PM

Yes:yep:

Deimos01
09-19-06, 04:59 PM
well I have never seen a Large Merhant in a convoy. :-?

Hell, I've seen plenty in GW. Just sank one not to long ago in a rather big convoy. Too bad the escorts are all over me or I coulda finished off the large tanker too:damn:

Capt.Crackerjack
09-19-06, 05:29 PM
:hmm: Where can one find the list of ships in each Type, i.e., Type 102, or Type 104? For example, I have added the FishingBoat3=Cutter by DivingDuck, and it looks fine in the game Museum, but so far it doesn't appear in my Campaign play. Where is the list to show which ships (Cutter,Trawler, etc.) are included (that the GW1.1a game will see as a generic choice) in Type 104?

bigboywooly
09-19-06, 05:51 PM
:hmm: Where can one find the list of ships in each Type, i.e., Type 102, or Type 104? For example, I have added the FishingBoat3=Cutter by DivingDuck, and it looks fine in the game Museum, but so far it doesn't appear in my Campaign play. Where is the list to show which ships (Cutter,Trawler, etc.) are included (that the GW1.1a game will see as a generic choice) in Type 104?

The type=104 are coastal so appear around the coastline
You will run into it sooner or later if you added it correctly
There is no list as such but the 2 campaign layers - RND and SCR

Cdre Gibs
09-20-06, 12:12 PM
Dawn at Sea, just thought I'd share the moments.

2nd day out
http://www.git.com.au/~voyager_tek/DawnatSea01.jpg

7th day out
http://www.git.com.au/~voyager_tek/DawnatSea02.jpg

kylania
09-20-06, 01:24 PM
Omg Release Gwx Now Or I Will Cry! :)

bigboywooly
09-20-06, 04:40 PM
More GWX screenshots

Leaving base

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4422/screenhunter335wl4.jpg

Moonlight - pity I was under air attack

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1990/screenhunter340yq7.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2464/screenhunter343ji0.jpg

DC attack by DD a while later

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/295/screenhunter333nm3.jpg

Well it was 1942 just off the coast of Britain

WilhelmSchulz.
09-20-06, 06:48 PM
Are there more(or all) US DD's (check U-Boat.net)

bigboywooly
09-20-06, 06:53 PM
Are there more(or all) US DD's (check U-Boat.net)

Not very clear
How do you mean are there more? or all ? US DDs

WilhelmSchulz.
09-20-06, 06:57 PM
The Flowing DD Classes.
Allen M. Sumner (70)
Bagley (8)
Benham (10)
Benson / Gleaves (24)
Bristol (72)
Caldwell (4)
Clemson (88)
Farragut (8)
Fletcher (175)
Gearing (98)
Gridley (4)
Mahan (18)
Porter (8)
Sampson (1)
Sims (12)
Somers (5)
Wickes (79)

http://uboat.net/allies/warships/types.html?navy=USS&type=Destroyer

bigboywooly
09-20-06, 07:00 PM
Ah got you now
:hmm: wait and see :rotfl:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-20-06, 07:18 PM
Ah got you now

More DD's and more merchants thats what I want!:up:

Show me one now!*in a winey voice*

AG124
09-20-06, 07:24 PM
Some of those older DD's never served with the US Navy as DD's though. For example, three of the four Caldwell's were transferred to the UK with the other four stackers (although two of those Caldwell's only had three stacks) and the other, the USS Manley, was converted into the first Fast Transport (APD 1).

WilhelmSchulz.
09-20-06, 08:01 PM
Some of those older DD's never served with the US Navy as DD's though. For example, three of the four Caldwell's were transferred to the UK with the other four stackers (although two of those Caldwell's only had three stacks) and the other, the USS Manley, was converted into the first Fast Transport (APD 1).

Well then put the apropite ones in the RN listing.

Kpt. Lehmann
09-21-06, 12:15 AM
Ah got you now

More DD's and more merchants thats what I want!:up:

Show me one now!*in a winey voice*

As Paul Mason used to say, "We will sell no wine... until it is time." :arrgh!:

THE_MASK
09-21-06, 05:13 AM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6339/gwxzl7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Boris
09-21-06, 05:19 AM
How did you get our new intro screen!

:rotfl:

Speaking of intro screens, did you get my email Kpt. Lehmann?

Kpt. Lehmann
09-21-06, 09:07 AM
How did you get our new intro screen!

Speaking of intro screens, did you get my email Kpt. Lehmann?

Rgr:up:

Anvart
09-21-06, 12:39 PM
More GWX screenshots

Why the moonlight is displaced from the moon approximately on 120...160°?

Kpt. Lehmann
09-21-06, 08:23 PM
More GWX screenshots

Why the moonlight is displaced from the moon approximately on 120...160°?

I believe that is the illumination from a Leigh light... not displaced moonlight. :arrgh!:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-21-06, 08:29 PM
I believe that is the illumination from a Leigh light... not displaced moonlight. :arrgh!:
:rock:

I still want to see a screene of a new ship. :hmm:

Mast
09-22-06, 01:37 PM
While I'm waiting for GWX to come out, was wondering if there's another download location for GW 1.1a? One of the two download areas is past it's bandwidth and the other is way slow. TIA

Mast

bigboywooly
09-22-06, 02:03 PM
There are about 5 different areas to D\L in the first post

Anywhoooo heres another one

ftp://bigboywooly.info/

danlisa
09-22-06, 02:10 PM
BBW FYI Whats the username + Password?

Ta, Dan

Mast
09-22-06, 02:38 PM
Thanks bigboywooly!

Mast

mr chris
09-22-06, 02:51 PM
Just 1 question.
From looking at the screenshots from GWX i see the moon reflection in the extrenal cam will it possible to see the same relfection of the moon when you are stood on the bridge in GWX?
Thanks once again for all your hard work with this project:up: :rock:

bigboywooly
09-22-06, 03:09 PM
BBW FYI Whats the username + Password?

Ta, Dan

Username - bigboywooly
Pass - 220463

WilhelmSchulz.
09-23-06, 08:34 PM
Bump.:roll:

Kpt. Lehmann
09-24-06, 12:33 AM
I still want to see a screene of a new ship. :hmm:

NOPE! Not yet. :smug:

Trollus
09-24-06, 08:48 AM
Hi
Is it possible to add new ships to convoys? All of them are great and, with Improved convoy mod, it is very hard to find them after 1941. I know, this topic has been already discussed, but I would like to know if there are any chances now to do that?

Thanks

chris911
09-24-06, 09:18 AM
but thats more the prob that the convoys are not generic in 1.1a when the entries are changed to generic u eill find a lot more different ships in a convoy.

bigboywooly
09-24-06, 10:45 AM
but thats more the prob that the convoys are not generic in 1.1a when the entries are changed to generic u eill find a lot more different ships in a convoy.

Then you are in for a treat in GWX then :rotfl:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-24-06, 12:58 PM

That brings up a good point Homebound convoys departing from Sydney usaly went north of Newfoundland to take the Great Circle Route.

P.S Can I see just one new ship?

Dowly
09-24-06, 01:04 PM
That brings up a good point Homebound convoys departing from Sydney usaly went north of Newfoundland to take the Great Circle Route.

P.S Can I see just one new ship?

Youīve already seen the sailing ship! ;)

WilhelmSchulz.
09-24-06, 01:10 PM
I mean a warship or a merchant!

bigboywooly
09-24-06, 02:39 PM

It is a merchant :rotfl: :rotfl:
Convoys of them roaming the sea :yep:
That will cut your tonnage down a bit

WilhelmSchulz.
09-24-06, 02:43 PM

ok wiseass I mean a new cargo/tanker or warship

WilhelmSchulz.
09-24-06, 10:13 PM
Can you guys also modyfy the Sunderland to pop up in 1939-40. It was designed and bult before that war started.:know:

kylania
09-24-06, 10:18 PM
Patrol 4:
14 ships sunk
14 Sailboats sunk (28 tons!)

Total Renown: You lose 14,000 renown, pick on something your own size!

:damn::arrgh!:

You realize, I expect a fully escorted sailboat convoy now? Perhaps it's the 100th aniversary cruise of the New York Yacht Club (http://nyyc.org)!

JScones
09-24-06, 10:27 PM
Can you guys also modyfy the Sunderland to pop up in 1939-40. It was designed and bult before that war started.:know:
The Mark III Sunderland, as modelled in the game, didn't appear until early 1942.

I can only guess that the SH3 devs wanted only one type of Sunderland, and the Mark III was arguably the definitive, hence maybe why there are no earlier types modelled.

But it could be cloned, remodelled (the earlier ones had a different hull shape), reskinned, respecced and just basically retroverted though...hehe...

WilhelmSchulz.
09-25-06, 02:02 PM
Well as long as there in there. Because 2 U-Boats where snk by Sunderlands in 1940.

Razman23
09-25-06, 04:47 PM
Any ETA of when this great mod will be released?

kylania
09-25-06, 04:55 PM

Soon™

Dowly
09-25-06, 04:56 PM
Soon™

No, no, no, no!

When itīs ready! :rotfl:

HunterICX
09-25-06, 05:01 PM
Will GWX include an Bernard mode?
so that everything fails on your perfect moment :rotfl:

Kpt. Lehmann
09-25-06, 06:01 PM

1) Quit picking on Bernard. All he needs is a little understanding. :yep:

2) For GWX we will be sending Bernard to one of the training flotillas for a refresher course. That will keep him busy for a while... and is a win win situation that should last until SHIV is released. :D

Sailor Steve
09-25-06, 07:07 PM
"That is a bug in the stock game and should not be blamed on GWX, NYGM or SHIII Commander. It is also hardcoded and cannot be fixed without access to the source code or an SDK."

Or maybe Bernard was a member of the Dev Team.

Pants
09-25-06, 08:22 PM
Looking through the credits for SH3 there is indeed a bernard;)

kapitanfred
09-25-06, 09:31 PM
Soon™

No, no, no, no!

Well you'll never know, it may well be close to ready 'cos when it's ready then you're ready to say it's ready but not before it's ready :smug:

Dowly
09-25-06, 11:42 PM
Soon™
No, no, no, no!

Well you'll never know, it may well be close to ready 'cos when it's ready then you're ready to say it's ready but not before it's ready :smug:

Now you got me confused.. :doh:

kylania
09-25-06, 11:47 PM
Soon™
No, no, no, no!

Now you got me confused.. :doh:

To avoid confusion you should release it now! :)

Jager
09-26-06, 09:39 AM
Patiently awaiting the release herr kaluen !

Jager
09-26-06, 09:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tGNI_UcHDQ "The Good, the Bad, and Bernard!" How about a random probability that we get Bernard ? On second though...would we want that though ?

Kruger
09-26-06, 11:03 AM
I thought I was going to **** my pants with laughter :)))))))))))

Jimbuna
09-26-06, 12:48 PM
"That is a bug in the stock game and should not be blamed on GWX, NYGM or SHIII Commander. It is also hardcoded and cannot be fixed without access to the source code or an SDK."

Or maybe Bernard was a member of the Dev Team.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The Noob
09-26-06, 01:09 PM
Looking through the credits for SH3 there is indeed a bernard;)
HOLY SH**! Have to see this! :o

I am sure as hell he's responsible for all the bugs!

joea
09-26-06, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tGNI_UcHDQ "The Good, the Bad, and Bernard!" How about a random probability that we get Bernard ? On second though...would we want that though ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S GREAT.:rotfl::rotfl:

Razman23
09-26-06, 04:56 PM

Soon™

Would that be Grey Wolves 'soon' or is it UbiSoft 'soon'? :shifty: :doh: :rotfl:

The General
09-27-06, 05:42 AM
Everyday, and thousands like me, go to the subsim website hoping for some news on GWX only to be disappointed. I know you guys are Gods and don't want to be disturbed while you're having a whale of a time play-testing GWX, I just have one question. Do you guys intend to release GWX before SH4 comes out?

Obviously, it's not my right to demand anything but geez, I could've built a submarine by now.

Boris
09-27-06, 07:33 AM
Everyday, and thousands like me, go to the subsim website hoping for some news on GWX only to be disappointed. I know you guys are Gods and don't want to be disturbed while you're having a whale of a time play-testing GWX, I just have one question. Do you guys intend to release GWX before SH4 comes out?

Obviously, it's not my right to demand anything but geez, I could've built a submarine by now.

:nope:

Easy buddy, go build your own supermod and see how you do... We are certainly not having a whale of a time, in fact most of the time it's a pain in the arse. You think all we're doing is playtesting?

I really hope you were joking.

We're putting all of our spare time into this and you think we're playing the game this whole time???!!!? I can't remember the last time I played SH3.

Do we intend to release GWX before SH4 comes out... yes, but you're not helping with your whinging!!!

Dowly
09-27-06, 07:43 AM
@TheGeneral: :nope:

The Noob
09-27-06, 07:47 AM
@The General

:nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope: :down::x:shifty:

The General
09-27-06, 08:25 AM
Easy buddy, go build your own supermod and see how you do... We are certainly not having a whale of a time, in fact most of the time it's a pain in the arse. You think all we're doing is playtesting?

I really hope you were joking.

We're putting all of our spare time into this and you think we're playing the game this whole time???!!!? I can't remember the last time I played SH3.

Do we intend to release GWX before SH4 comes out... yes, but you're not helping with your whinging!!!Of course you're not just play-testing but I wanted to provoke one of you from the stonewall silence we receive from the GW team. Would a quick news update kill you people? We all appreciate the work you guys have put in, but it sometimes comes across that you're Lording it over us.

And you other pussys with your faux gentlemanly conduct can kiss my ass! You want to know just as much as me when it's coming out and just don't have the stones to ask.

The General
09-27-06, 08:33 AM
@The General

:nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope: :down::x:shifty:This is what I'm talking about! You guys come across like the elders in the courtroom scene at the beginning of the original Superman movie: "Guilty." And we all know what happend to them in the end.

Dowly
09-27-06, 08:39 AM
All I can say without Kptīs permission is that the team is working VERY hard. Kpt himself send this message to me when I asked him something:

" I've been working * * for almost 36 hours straight. I am F'ing tired. "

So, like I said, the team is working VERY hard to get it done.

And when the time is right, there will be updates on our progress.

And just to remind you, GW changes alot of things, not just the gameplay, but graphics and all that. So it takes time. Remember how the stock SHIII game out when it was rushed? ;)

Here, have a "Place your favorite drink here" and relax. Ok? :up:

And what comes to the 'You are having a great time playing the GWX over there blaa blaa blaa', I can say that the playing is testing. Iīd like to know how many of the team have actually played the GWX or even SHIII for fun for a long time.

Iīm not trying to attack you in any way General. You just have to understand that every mod made by the community is made by trial & error. It takes time.

Boris
09-27-06, 08:39 AM
I understand your frustration, but you're borderline trolling. Remember, we're making this mod for people like you. But when people like you come along and start bad mouthing the team I wonder why I'm even still doing this.

I'm not saying be nice or no mod, but people with your attitude make me question why I even bother.

Fair enough, you wanted to provoke , but there are nicer ways of asking for an update.
Lighten up for one thing!

Less time spent posting here, means the team is busy working... rest assured we are making progress constantly.

mikaelanderlund
09-27-06, 09:19 AM
Please! Give me at least one "nice way of asking for an update" so I can ask for a update:D :D :D .

Mikael

pokara
09-27-06, 09:31 AM
Who is this Kpt. guy? I want to hear from the organ-grinder and not the monkeys.

i dont know how to say by the right way about my english..
but sometimes its better to shutup your mouth before to say anythinh you dont know what you're talking about...
i really thing you have NO IDEA about what kind of job its necesary to create somethin like GW :rock:

First take a look about, and after if you didnt like it, you better shutup :nope:

For the rest of the people::
Sorry about my style-words, but cant say nothing better. :smug:

The General
09-27-06, 09:34 AM
I don't wish to cause offence, I'm just trying to provoke a response. I meant no harm. Of course we all appreciate the great work done in the past, present and future but the nicely, nicely approach didn't seem to bring forth any more news than my 'tough-love' method. You can't blame a guy for trying. It was just a ploy.

Pants
09-27-06, 09:38 AM
I understand your frustration mate i really do..so do alot of other people...I, like the rest of the devs havn't been able to play SH3/ GWX at all yet since 1.1a, Please bare with us..I'm sure Kpt. Lehmann ( Project manager ) Will have something to say.

Cdre Gibs
09-27-06, 09:38 AM
We have a saying over at GW, RELEASE THE GIBS. Trust me, you dont wont to go there!

The General
09-27-06, 10:19 AM
We have a saying over at GW, RELEASE THE GIBS. Trust me, you dont wont to go there!That's funny.:lol:

danlisa
09-27-06, 11:03 AM
Not wanting to get involved with something that doesn't concern me but the attitude that I take to this is that...
many of us would have shelved this game along time ago if it wasn't for the brilliant work all modders do. I'm in favour of patiently waiting if it will rekindle my love of this game an make me continue playing for a long time to come.

More power to the modders:rock:

Jimbuna
09-27-06, 11:39 AM
Not wanting to get involved with something that doesn't concern me but the attitude that I take to this is that...
many of us would have shelved this game along time ago if it wasn't for the brilliant work all modders do. I'm in favour of patiently waiting if it will rekindle my love of this game an make me continue playing for a long time to come.

More power to the modders:rock:

VERY WELL SAID !! :up:

Roads88
09-27-06, 11:52 AM
As a wise man once said "It's ready when its ready".

Take your time guys and thanks.:up:

ref
09-27-06, 12:25 PM
Iīd like to know how many of the team have actually played the GWX or even SHIII for fun for a long time.

Almost five months for me :nope:

Ref

VonHelsching
09-27-06, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I'm working on this since May...non-stop.

irish1958
09-27-06, 02:02 PM
"All things come to He who waits"

stabiz
09-27-06, 02:09 PM

Except the guys who wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-27-06, 02:15 PM
I don't wish to cause offence, I'm just trying to provoke a response. I meant no harm. Of course we all appreciate the great work done in the past, present and future but the nicely, nicely approach didn't seem to bring forth any more news than my 'tough-love' method. You can't blame a guy for trying. It was just a ploy.
Well you got your ****in responce!

Look there are nicer ways of doing it without insultig the Dev team. It dosent hurt to be nice.

And when you rush **** it turns out bad(SHIII1.1). so keep your pants on and shut up, or at least be nicer!

Dowly
09-27-06, 02:20 PM
Ok guys, calm down. :up:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-27-06, 02:35 PM
A quick question will extra ships instaled inbetween GW and GWX afect GWX gameplay?:hmm:

Cdre Gibs
09-27-06, 08:29 PM
Let me put it this way, We would HIGHLY recommend a Clean install of SH3 patched to 1.4b only before installing GWX. Or your going to get some very weird results.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-27-06, 08:54 PM
Let me put it this way, We would HIGHLY recommend a Clean install of SH3 patched to 1.4b only before installing GWX. Or your going to get some very weird results.
ok well I have a Stock version layed back because I play online. So if I had to do it anyways....Ahhh just re installl it. :p

Jager
09-27-06, 08:54 PM
This is what I'm talking about! You guys come across like the elders in the courtroom scene at the beginning of the original Superman movie: "Guilty." And we all know what happend to them in the end.

Unlike Ubi's games, I'll gladly wait for GWX because I know, 110%, that I'll be getting exactly what I want plus more...FOR FREE! Thumbs up to the GW dev. team :up: :rock: :up: :rock: :up: :rock: :up:

I'm sure this is what some on the development team look like after the long nights of putting this great mod together, http://www.erwin-leder.com/galerie/images/a19.jpg

WilhelmSchulz.
09-27-06, 08:59 PM
This is what I'm talking about! You guys come across like the elders in the courtroom scene at the beginning of the original Superman movie: "Guilty." And we all know what happend to them in the end.

Unlike Ubi's games, I'll gladly wait for GWX because I know, 110%, that I'll be getting exactly what I want plus more...FOR FREE! Thumbs up to the GW dev. team :up: :rock: :up: :rock: :up: :rock: :up:

I'm sure this is what some on the development team look like after the long nights of putting this great mod together, http://www.erwin-leder.com/galerie/images/a19.jpg
Johan!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kpt. Lehmann
09-28-06, 10:10 AM

Lemme tell ya "General"... no amount of "provocation" by you or anyone else will force me or anyone on our team to pull the trigger early. We are close... how close I cannot say... because things aren't "done" until each element passes testing... and there are those here who think we don't extensively test stuff... which is LAUGHABLE!

Seriously, is the meaning of the word "close" to you... the same as it is for me?

Projecting a release date could damage quality... so all of you can forget about getting a release date from me... until I know we have it ready.

We will be done when we are done and that is the end of the story mate. For some of us, our "hobby" has become a second job... on top of demanding real life jobs.

One of our teamers is a doctor... who works 12 hour shifts... and has a family... and he never sleeps so he work with us.

I am an EMT and work 12 hour shifts. My girlfriend and my two dogs all deserve Knights Crosses... and my fish should all receive wound badges.

All of our teamers work hard at their jobs... and even so... We take PRIDE in our work and it will show.

It is a simple thing to bitch and moan.

We've given you updates as proof that we are not "all wind and smoke."

GWX will happen. Forget about getting a release date. The GWX team gets enough pressure from me.

Now... everybody go back to your stations. (Tosses cap onto plotting table... and grins at GW officers. :arrgh!: They thought GW 1.0 was a joke too, remember? )

jaxa
09-28-06, 10:27 AM

Lemme tell ya "General"... no amount of "provocation" by you or anyone else will force me or anyone on our team to pull the trigger early. We are close... how close I cannot say... because things aren't "done" until each element passes testing... and there are those here who think we don't extensively test stuff... which is LAUGHABLE!

Seriously, is the meaning of the word "close" to you... the same as it is for me?

Projecting a release date could damage quality... so all of you can forget about getting a release date from me... until I know we have it ready.

We will be done when we are done and that is the end of the story mate. For some of us, our "hobby" has become a second job... on top of demanding real life jobs.

One of our teamers is a doctor... who works 12 hour shifts... and has a family... and he never sleeps so he work with us.

I am an EMT and work 12 hour shifts. My girlfriend and my two dogs all deserve Knights Crosses... and my fish should all receive wound badges.

All of our teamers work hard at their jobs... and even so... We take PRIDE in our work and it will show.

GWX will happen. Forget about getting a release date. The GWX team gets enough pressure from me.

Now... everybody go back to your stations. (Tosses cap onto plotting table... and grins at GW officers. :arrgh!: They thought GW 1.0 was a joke too, remember? )

Nothing to add. We must wait. GWX is incoming.

The General
09-28-06, 11:52 AM
I stand corrected. :oops:

pokara
09-28-06, 11:53 AM

Nothing to add. We must wait. GWX is incoming.

:yep: :yep: :up:

:rock:

VonHelsching
09-28-06, 12:36 PM
Believe me guys, it's worth the wait. All I can say is that.:yep:

stabiz
09-28-06, 02:06 PM
Damn it! I am bursting!

kylania
09-28-06, 02:23 PM
Damn it! I am bursting!

Rise to 80m, off silent running and put some men on repairing that pipe! And someone get Bernard off the deck gun!!

WilhelmSchulz.
09-28-06, 03:00 PM
Will the Broklen Navy Yard be moldeld in GWX?

P.S If it is modled in GW please tell me bucause I havent had a chance to "Go Home" yet.

Paajtor
09-29-06, 02:56 AM
Except the guys who wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :oops: I'm one of those....:damn::lol:

Shows how patient I am LOL.

Dowly
09-29-06, 03:35 AM
Except the guys who wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :oops: I'm one of those....:damn::lol:

Shows how patient I am LOL.

Can I join the club? :lol: I hope the Stalker isnīt as long project as the Prey was, 11 years. :o

frog7
09-29-06, 06:18 AM
YEAH ..OK..But when will it be out???......Only Joking.As some one said it must take time to make sure everything clicks together:up: im still having great fun with GW,on my new Mission im off to east coast of America...now thats a long haul.

Safe-Keeper
09-29-06, 07:00 AM
Except the guys who wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Or Stars! Supernova Genesis:cry:.

I'm looking forward to the GWX immensely, and I'm fairly confident it'll be finished and great (don't blame me for being nervous about it, I've seen better and more confident development teams suddenly failing).

Mast
09-29-06, 11:35 AM
It can't be too long. Been pretty quite so far. :)

Mast

Razman23
09-29-06, 01:19 PM
I only have one question.

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Oh and.......

Is it out yet?

:up: :lol:

bigboywooly
09-29-06, 01:31 PM
I only have one question.

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Is it out yet?

Oh and.......

Is it out yet?

:up: :lol:

I only have one answer

Do you see it yet ?

Do you see it yet ?

Do you see it yet ?

Do you see it yet ?

Do you see it yet ?

Oh and .....

Do you see it yet ?

The Noob
09-29-06, 01:53 PM
*Climbs up Hatch*

Me: Watch officer, do you see GWX?! We should have been in contact long ago!
WO: No, we don't see sh** capt'n!
Me: Darn!
*Climbs down hatch*
Radio Operator: Sir, we have a Msg. Concerning GWX!
Me: Gimme!
Radio Operator: It only says: "Contact with USS GWX soon expected, Keep speed and heading!".
Me: Damn!

bigboywooly
09-29-06, 01:55 PM
*Climbs up Hatch*

Me: Watch officer, do you see GWX?! We should have been in contact long ago!
WO: No, we don't see sh** capt'n!
Me: Darn!
*Climbs down hatch*
Radio Operator: Sir, we have a Msg. Concerning GWX!
Me: Gimme!
Radio Operator: It only says: "Contact with USS GWX soon expected, Keep speed and heading!".
Me: Damn!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

WilhelmSchulz.
09-29-06, 02:06 PM
Can somone answer my Question?

Pants
09-29-06, 02:49 PM
All questions will be answered in due time mate..we are snowed under atm

stabiz
09-29-06, 03:08 PM
I bet the devs are regretting ever telling us about GWX now. :rotfl:

terrapin
09-29-06, 03:14 PM
Well, it seems pretty sure for me GWX will come out in 3-4 weeks...:rotfl:

bigboywooly
09-29-06, 03:33 PM
Will the Broklen Navy Yard be moldeld in GWX?

P.S If it is modled in GW please tell me bucause I havent had a chance to "Go Home" yet.

Where?
Did you mean Brooklyn naval yard ?
Either one is not visible on Google earth

Sir Big Jugs
09-29-06, 04:36 PM
Well, it seems pretty sure for me GWX will come out in 3-4 weeks...:rotfl:

Or months...:sunny:

Paajtor
09-29-06, 05:36 PM
Maybe I should quote Oleg Maddox..he once spoke the famous words "in 2 weeks..."
Ever since, this curse hangs like an evil curtain over every Il2-ForgottenBattles patch and addon. :lol:

Sir Big Jugs
09-29-06, 05:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif"2 weeks be sure"http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

KeybdFlyer
09-29-06, 05:40 PM
Merely a comment, not a criticism. Wouldn't you think a player of SH3 would have developed the virtue of..... PATIENCE? :D

Paajtor
09-29-06, 05:47 PM
Most certainly! SH3 isn't everybody's thing...it appeals much more to older players, just like flightsims.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif"2 weeks be sure"http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif ...but you're gonna sell your copy, you said?
You be sure about that too? :D

The Noob
09-29-06, 05:55 PM
Another Nerving question: Will GWX include a own version of the Longer Repair times mod?

Razman23
09-29-06, 06:39 PM
Another Nerving question: Will GWX include a own version of the Longer Repair times mod?

That would be nice.

Or how about some new uniforms for the crew?

Maybe a couple of oranges tied together by a string hanging around a crewmans neck?

:hmm: :huh: :lol: :up:

kylania
09-29-06, 07:52 PM
Maybe a couple of oranges tied together by a string hanging around a crewmans neck?

:hmm: :huh: :lol: :up:

Where did they get the grass skirt? ;)