PDA

View Full Version : Help with modding damage models

bogaty
08-25-06, 12:00 AM
I find the lack of power with the 88mm gun in the Grey Wolves mod to be a little extreme. (Took me 14 shells in the waterline to take down a fishing boat. 120 shells into a C2 cargo ship and it still didn't go down.) I want to use Timetraveller's minitweaker program to alter the damage value of the shells and the armour value of various ships but I have no idea what I need to change.

Can someone walk me through it please? I understand how to change the hitpoints of the ships, but I'm unsure which ship files represent which ingame ships.

For example, I assume that the NKC3 file is the C3 cargo ship, but I have no idea what an NAXC represents.

DivingDuck
08-25-06, 02:18 AM
Moin,

I canīt tell you how to alter the damage model, but...

...go to the folder ..\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea. Here youīll find all the ships used in the game. One folder per ship. It contains the SHIPNAME_SIL.TGA. If youīve installed a plugin like this http://greggman.com/pages/thumbplug_tga.htm you can preview tga-files within the Windows Explorer. This should make it much easier to find the ship you want to mod.

And in case you succeed altering the damage model, please tell me. Itīs the thing i staved off to the end. Iīm in the final phase of modelling/testing my ship. But unfortunately the ship does not go down. Although itīs counted as destroyed unit it will not sink.

Regards,
DivingDuck