PDA

View Full Version : Uboat warace 1.6 not compatible with fubars viib camo skin?

oscar19681
08-24-06, 05:12 PM
have a clean install of sh3 . I have mod enabler that i use . Then i enable fubars viib camo skin and check in-game if it works . Works fine . But when i enable uboat war ace 1.6 the i get the stock skin! I tried to first enable the warace mod and then the skin but i get the same results . How is this possible can anyone help me out?
i tried to do it manually but it doesnt help either

Redwine
08-24-06, 08:55 PM
If you want a determined camo, just unpack this camo textures from the .dat files and put them into the ....\tex folder you are using.

Then no new .dat files form a new mod will override them any more.

But, be sure the new mod you install doesnt have these textures unpacked and installed into its \tex folder, if not it will overwrite yours.
In this case, just eliminate the unpacked textures form the new mod before install it.

:up:

oscar19681
08-25-06, 08:04 AM
Yeah i did this before but i just keep getting the stock skin . Im no rookie in this and i double checked if all files where copy,s over the originals . I just dont understand what makes the stock skin so damn persistent . It only works without the uboat warace 1.6 but i want to keep it .

Redwine
08-25-06, 10:29 AM
Yeah i did this before but i just keep getting the stock skin . Im no rookie in this and i double checked if all files where copy,s over the originals . I just dont understand what makes the stock skin so damn persistent . It only works without the uboat warace 1.6 but i want to keep it .

Are you using SH3 Commander ?

Try asking JScones if it is posible the SH3 Commander is keeping some .dat files containing the skins.

Good luck and plase comment the solution when found it... :up:

oscar19681
08-25-06, 09:05 PM
dont have sh3 commander installed . Only fubars VIIB camo skin and uboatwarace 1.6 and patch 1.4

Redwine
08-25-06, 10:48 PM
It is rare if you have the unpacked textures into the correct tex folder i cant imagine why the game do not pick up them...

are you sure they have the correct name ? and they are into the tex folder you are using for high or low resolution ?

Sorry no other ideas at moment...:hmm:

oscar19681
08-30-06, 04:43 PM
yep i,m sure . I had the same mod configuration and it worked fine before untill i had to reinstall my win xp adn downloaded the same mods and reinstalled sh3 . Then it had problems . The strange thing is the camo shows up normally in the museum but not in game

oscar19681
09-03-06, 10:51 AM
Someone help me out here please

oscar19681
09-08-06, 05:24 AM
hello? help me out will ya!