PDA

View Full Version : Multi player

rman214
08-24-06, 11:36 AM
I know this may sound like a dumb question but I can't get my computer to join any multiplayer games of any kind. I go to multiplayer and see no sessions or ping info. Can anyone help?

Kapitan
08-24-06, 12:15 PM
Do you have a router? have you disabled your fire wall? other than those two things i can only refer you to mahuja.

Seadawg23
08-24-06, 01:49 PM
now this my sound completely stupid but do you have an IP of the person you are trying to connect too?

If so, then great....most likely 1 of 2 things....Either your router as said above. Or your firewall. Both can cause a connection problem.

azreark1
08-24-06, 04:19 PM
if you know anything about computers then try the following...if not then stay away so you dont screw something up. first lets go with the router blocking the ports needed for online multiplayer games. now all routers are different but basically the same, so log into your router (usually just go to IE and type in address bar 192.168.0.1) and it should bring up a window asking for username and password, this varies from manufacturer and personal setup when purchased so i cant tell you about the login itself...also sometimes the IP address for the router is different then the one stated about. once you get into your router there should be a page in there (names differ from manuf. but its probably something like Rules or Firewall) that has rules for programs that you can add for incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP ports. you should be able to click like and add button and find the program .exe (dangerouswaters.exe) and it should set it up to allow it to go through the router. now its time for the firewall(if you have win xp proSP2). go to control panel-windows firewall-and click the exceptions tab-add program-find the program and add it and click done. that should solve your problems...if it doesnt then you might have to manually add the ports the DW uses for TCP and UDP to your router to get it to let everything through.

let me know how it goes...if you could give me your router info i could go to the website and look it over and help you out more.