PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Helos

SeaQueen
08-24-06, 06:42 AM
I want my CH-46s to land on my LHD so they can drop off their load and go back again. I'm not quite sure how to force an aircraft to land exactly when I want it to, though. Anyone have any ideas?

Seadawg23
08-24-06, 11:26 AM
Try this:

Set a waypoint for the helo parallel to the LSD at a given distance you want it to travel.
For example: waypoint long enough for Helo to travel 10 mins game time. Then give a trigger to launch a script to force the helo to land...so if it travels for 10 mins straight and you set time in trigger start for 10 mins into game before the trigger sets the helo should fly for 10 mins straight before turning to land on LSD

Of course if you want the HELO to start landing process at beginning of game..disregard the start setting in trigger and it should fire the LAND script you make.

Not sure if it will work. just an idea.

OR.

You can assign the LSD as an Air station then assign the Helo as part of it...Add a trigger and set it for the helo to Return to Base....Not sure if it will take back off though..

Seadawg23
08-24-06, 11:32 AM
i see I read that wrong LOL...I presume you are UNREPing between ships/land...

Humm...in that case I wonder if you can build a formation of aircraft I have never tried it or thought about it..and if so will all land on LSD and return to get more stuff..

but in any case I believe my idea might just work. I will work on this for you. And see if I can figure it out. i like a challenge
Very interesting idea....I like it.

SeaQueen
08-26-06, 12:42 PM
i see I read that wrong LOL...I presume you are UNREPing between ships/land...

Humm...in that case I wonder if you can build a formation of aircraft I have never tried it or thought about it..and if so will all land on LSD and return to get more stuff..

but in any case I believe my idea might just work. I will work on this for you. And see if I can figure it out. i like a challenge
Very interesting idea....I like it.

I've tried making a script to set their fuel low so that they're forced to land. Does anyone know the threshold which will force a helo to land?