PDA

View Full Version : How to remove "We are detected" ? please...

Stary Wuj
08-24-06, 05:26 AM
I want to remove this annoying VOICE and TEXT if possible.

WITHOUT mods, repeat WITHOUT MODS please :-)

Probably easy with voice (to remove proper .ogg file in every
9 subdirectories ? Which one please, mayby You know ?)

But what about text info ? How to remove this %^$@ ?

This is last thing I need to make this game close to perfect :-)

Best Regards

Stary Wuj aka Koci

macstu23
08-24-06, 08:12 AM
Good question. It's bugged me also. Safest way to remove the speech would be to replace it with a silent file. There were silent files available to replace the often too frequent 'yes sir' responses. I've uploaded a silent .ogg file for you at this link, just re-name the file to whatever applies.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30581713/ALT_Silent.ogg.html

As for removing the text, that would be a bit more tricky. I can see it listed in the 'en_menu.txt' and 'gr_menu.txt' files in the data/Menu folder, but simply deleting it will mess things up as they are in a numerical sequence...And of course simply replacing the line of text with a blank line wont do either. Hopefully someone will know.

bigboywooly
08-24-06, 08:14 AM
Good question. It's bugged me also. Safest way to remove the speech would be to replace it with a silent file. There were silent files available to replace the often too frequent 'yes sir' responses. I've uploaded a silent .ogg file for you at this link, just re-name the file to whatever applies.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30581713/ALT_Silent.ogg.html

As for removing the text, that would be a bit more tricky. I can see it listed in the 'en_menu.txt' and 'gr_menu.txt' files in the data/Menu folder, but simply deleting it will mess things up as they are in a numerical sequence...And of course simply replacing the line of text with a blank line wont do either. Hopefully someone will know.

You can try adding a semi colon in front of the text ; to comment it out but you may still get the officer appearing in text box but saying nothing

Stary Wuj
08-24-06, 08:31 AM
I love this community !
Thank You !

Best Regards

Stary Wuj

Sailor Steve
08-24-06, 11:07 AM
One problem you'll still have: even if you manage to remove both the verbal and written notifications, the crew will still start whispering at that point. They'll still act as if they know they've been detected.

Stary Wuj
08-24-06, 03:34 PM
:damn: :cry: :gulp:

I hope this stupid thing will be removed on "hard settings" in Silent Hunter 4.
And thermal layers will be added :-)

Best Regards

Stary Wuj