PDA

View Full Version : AI Kilo's CHEAT!

Neptunus Rex
08-23-06, 08:59 AM
Just for giggles, I created a sonar training mission, Kilo vs Seawolf, to see what the contact noise looks like when the diesel's start up and running.

Both boats set up as controllable. Show Truth ON (Remember, it's a training mission!)

I first ran the Kilo to see how long the batteries would last on a flank bell while submerged. Between 50 to 65 minutes.

Next a ran with the Seawolf. Picked up the Kilo on the starboard TA on the first tonal line (50 Hz). As the range closed, picked up the second tonal line and eventually the third tonal line.

After about 65 minutes of senario time, picked up the fourth and fifth tonal lines, narrow band trace SNR jumped and picked up the Kilo on broadband and DEMON. Jump to NAV screen, Kilo is at snorkling depth (but no snorkel mast!)

Cool! Just liked I had hoped.

Then "Clear the Bridge, Clear the Bridge!", the wife comes home! SAVE GAME and close DW. :cry:

Restart senario, things look cool. Then, at about 80 minutes scenario time, broadband trace is lost, narrowband trace SNR drops, and fourth and fifth tonal lines fade. Back to NAV screen.

Surprise, surprise, Kilo is increasing depth and running up to flank after only 15 minutes at snorkle depth and 1/3 speed. Those batteries must charge real fast for the AI (faster than a live controller).

So my questions are:

1. Does the AI cheat?
2. Or, do the batteries on AI vessels start at full charge when restarting a saved scenario?

(No flaming if this has been covered before. I do have other things that need my attention [wife, kids, house, yard, cars, work, etc.])

goldorak
08-23-06, 02:07 PM
Most probably the 2nd option, but its the same as cheating.