PDA

View Full Version : Can the medal graphics be changed?

Trydan
08-22-06, 03:59 AM
Hei! In base, there is a tray which displays all the medals that you've earned in your campaign. However, they look a bit flat and lifeless, and I was thinking of putting in some better graphics for them. Is that possible? And if so, where is the file that contains the graphics for those awards? Better still, where is the file that contains the graphics for the tray that they sit in? I've been through then entire of the data\ directory, but I just can't find them. Any ideas? Thank you!

SquareSteelBar
08-22-06, 02:47 PM
Hi Trydan,

I think you're looking for 'awards.tga' in ...SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Data\, right?

Greetings,
SSB

Pablo
08-22-06, 03:59 PM
Hi!

If you want to modify the medals themselves, I suggest you look at "insigne.tga" and "Deco00.tga" in the folder SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Data.

Pablo

Trydan
08-26-06, 09:06 PM
Thanks for that. Yes, insigne.tga was the one I was looking for, although it was good to know the other one's there too. By the way, I found one other, during my searches, which was: ..\SilentHunterIII\data\Crew\Body\Body01\Rank_Deco _ND.tga

Thanks again for your help... much appreciated! :up:

enaceo
08-27-06, 12:18 AM
It would be nice if we could make a 3d model for them ,but sadly they are just textures:(

Klt_KUrtz
10-03-06, 12:58 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to award medals in Single Missions?
I do not use the Campaign mode as I like to play online and my own Single Missions.
There must be a .config file where you can award medals so that they show up in Single Mission games!
I would like to give out Front Boat badges and Iron Crosses!
Anybody know how to do this?
Thanks if you can help,
KUrtz.

Klt_KUrtz
03-25-07, 09:43 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to award medals in Single Missions?
I do not use the Campaign mode as I like to play online and my own Single Missions.
There must be a .config file where you can award medals so that they show up in Single Mission games!
I would like to give out Front Boat badges and Iron Crosses!
Anybody know how to do this?
Thanks if you can help,
KUrtz.

Hi,
Has anybody figured out how to do this?
I want my crew to gain awards in Single Missions! I will give them put, which file do I alter?
Thanks if you can help,
KUrtz,