PDA

View Full Version : help for u-boot light flicker configuration

jean74
08-19-06, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I'm french and I need help from you.
In my SH3 the light inside U-boot fllicker only a few seconds before U-boot destruction :cry: . I would like the light flicker during depht charges explosion. I searched in "cfg" files, but I haven't found where to change this setting :oops: .
I wish someone could help me. For me it would be more realistic (like in the movie "DAS BOOT") :D .

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Jean

The Noob
08-19-06, 02:31 PM
Would be cool, but i doubt this can be changed without SDK or Source code or such Stuff.

Still, i could be wrong.

kiwi_2005
08-19-06, 02:59 PM
Or when desperate, what ya could do providing you play SH3 at night, is change ya light bulb to a red one, then when ever your getting depth charge get a friend or ya mum or if ya grown up one of ya children to flick the light off and on many many times :lol:

Works for me:arrgh!:

Ive even acted out the Das Boot Toilet scene a few times when ever im on the loo and i hear one of me lookouts shout ship sited!:rotfl:

flyingdane
08-19-06, 03:18 PM
Or when desperate, what ya could do providing you play SH3 at night, is change ya light bulb to a red one, then when ever your getting depth charge get a friend or ya mum or if ya grown up one of ya children to flick the light off and on many many times :lol:

Ive even acted out the Das Boot Toilet scene a few times when ever im on the loo and i hear one of me lookouts shout ship sited!:rotfl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/flyingdane/thinnocent01.gif :huh:

Pants
08-19-06, 09:40 PM

LOL :rotfl:
Aslong has you havn't tried out the delousing scene after your last visit to port ;):rotfl:

jean74
08-20-06, 02:56 AM
Ok, it's impossible :cry:

Many thanks for your reply ! :rotfl: I'll try :lol:

Bye bye and thanks

Jean

Myxale
08-20-06, 04:59 AM
I'm no modding pro, mind you, so don't quote me on this, but i know that the lights and stuff are somehow connected to the HitPoints.

IF you go beyond crushdepth and you start loosing HP you will get that flickering which lets us know that we're going to get crushed.:hmm:

But i totally agree! This would be so cool to have the lights flicker ina na d out while getting some close DC'S!

CB..
08-21-06, 07:05 PM
I'm no modding pro, mind you, so don't quote me on this, but i know that the lights and stuff are somehow connected to the HitPoints.

IF you go beyond crushdepth and you start loosing HP you will get that flickering which lets us know that we're going to get crushed.:hmm:

But i totally agree! This would be so cool to have the lights flicker ina na d out while getting some close DC'S!

yes thats a way to get the lights to flicker and the galss crack effects etc without them being a near death experience..

if you use sh3 inspector to alter the subs crash speed i have mine set to 0.002 and i allso have the crush depth set to 100 (leaving the cfg max depth at around 300)
and the crash depth via the sh3 minitweaker..set to your preference then you will get the light flicker effects fairly regularly once you go below 100 metres..(losing some hull integrity each time) and again once you go below the crash depth..but the hull won't let go untill you hit the max depth set in the cfg...depending on the cirumstances..

not tied to any DC attack but it will tend to happen whilst you are under attack as it's then that you will be deep enough to trigger the effects...crash depth crush depth crash speed ...it's a bit confusing to be honest but it's all there for experimentation..allso gives you minor hull damage simply from going deep...without meaning your dead two seconds later..

jean74
08-22-06, 05:43 AM
Many Many thanks CB.. for this nice reply. :up: I understand better :yep:

Would you mind posting the sh3 modified file, Because I'm a bad modder and I'm unable to do it.:oops:

Thanks in advance

Jean

P.S. I have the very nice grey wolves mod