PDA

View Full Version : new sub classes for SCX.

GrayFox
08-19-06, 01:56 AM
i was wondering if any new sub classes were gonna be added to SCX, like being able to play as a virginia class, or ohio class sub?

Sea Demon
08-19-06, 04:16 PM
I don't think so. SCX is a great project. But I think development of it for Sub Command ended with the release of DW. DW is supposed to be given a similar face-lift in the future if I'm not mistaken.

clive bradbury
08-19-06, 04:58 PM
Can do Ohio, but not via SCX. Including launchable nukes (with a few tweaks).

In fact, with some manipulation of the SC database, you can make any sub you like driveable, although as it has to based on one of the three original platforms it helps if the new subs layout (i.e. weaponry) is the same or similar to them.

Am I getting the impression that more than a few of you would like me to make my driveable Ohio available?

Sea Demon
08-19-06, 05:53 PM
Am I getting the impression that more than a few of you would like me to make my driveable Ohio available?

Yes, please.

GrayFox
08-20-06, 06:48 AM
i wouldnt mind the virginia.

rman214
09-13-06, 01:06 PM
Some new sub classes would be nice for those of us who still like sub command. DW gets most of the attention nowadays but I would like to see some new subs and interiors, please:D

SaxMan
09-20-06, 11:11 AM
What would be really neat to have would be a tutorial that explains exactly how to make new playables. I've done it myself, but I seem to remember posts and conversations with really knowledgable people like Jsteed and others that made me feel like I was just hacking around instead of doing it right.

cj95
10-01-06, 12:36 AM
I'll second the motion for a tutorial on how to make sub classes drivable.
Specifically the Virginia, but general instructions would be nice as well.