PDA

View Full Version : Help with Flags used in Grey Wolves?

von Zelda
08-18-06, 08:48 PM
I sunk two freighters that I thought were allied ships until I got the little green neutral markers on the map. Looked closely with camera view to see the flag which was not in the page of flags at the uzo/periscope views.

Is there a more complete list of all the flags used in GW?

If the flag is not included in the page of flags, should it be assumed the ship is neutral? or Allied?

P_Funk
08-18-06, 09:21 PM
I sunk two freighters that I thought were allied ships until I got the little green neutral markers on the map. Looked closely with camera view to see the flag which was not in the page of flags at the uzo/periscope views.

Is there a more complete list of all the flags used in GW?

If the flag is not included in the page of flags, should it be assumed the ship is neutral? or Allied?
If it ain't English, Canadian, American, or another major power on the allie's side then you can guess it's neutral. However if it's in a convoy the standing order said that it should be considered an enemy and sunk accordingly. Out of convoy it's different.

macstu23
08-20-06, 12:45 PM
There is an addon, included in GW, that adds extra information on the Help screen (F1 key). It includes Attack information with the precise dates of when various nations entered the War / capitulated etc so you can quickly tell which nations should be regarded as neutral or otherwise. Wish i could remember the name of the Addon but someone will know. Comes in useful.
More than once I've had my TDC all lined up and ready to fire when I spotted the flag of a neutral nation flying at the mast.
Other way to tell though is if you zoom in as close as possible on your F5 map, so long as you have the ship sighted or locked...it should show up as green if it belongs to a neutral nation.

CWorth
08-20-06, 01:31 PM
However if it's in a convoy the standing order said that it should be considered an enemy and sunk accordingly. Out of convoy it's different.

That is irrelavant...in convoy or not it does not matter.The game still reads it as a neutral and treats it as such.You sink it you still suffer the consequences of it.The game makes no distintion between in or out of convoys when it comes to nuetrals.

So you still leave them alone.Just one of the game engine problems.

von Zelda
08-20-06, 06:36 PM
Where can we find PICTURES, reproductions or a facsimile of ALL the flags used in GW? Along with the name of the country it represents!

As I stated initially, I've seen flags on ships which are not shown in the new GW pullouts on the uzo/periscope views. Therefore, it is hard to tell if it is a axis, neutral or allied ship.

I know there is a list at F1 but it has no flags for identification.

Pants
08-20-06, 06:45 PM
Where can we find PICTURES, reproductions or a facsimile of ALL the flags used in GW? Along with the name of the country it represents!

As I stated initially, I've seen flags on ships which are not shown in the new GW pullouts on the uzo/periscope views. Therefore, it is hard to tell if it is a axis, neutral or allied ship.

I know there is a list at F1 but it has no flags for identification.

Sorry mate..can't help you with all of it but i'm sure this can help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_II
It has the countries and flags of the allies of WWII plus the change / join date by each country

rcs929
08-21-06, 01:47 PM
Don't forget there is a pulldown menu with flags in the UZO & periscope view. Top Left corner I think.

von Zelda
08-21-06, 05:38 PM
Don't forget there is a pulldown menu with flags in the UZO & periscope view. Top Left corner I think.

Spotted 2 freighters which I sunk that turned out to be neutrals. Their flag was not in the pull down menu provided at the uzo/periscope views.

This is the reason I'm looking for a copy/facsimile of all flags used in Grey Wolves if it exists.

panthercules
08-27-06, 11:52 AM

Spotted 2 freighters which I sunk that turned out to be neutrals. Their flag was not in the pull down menu provided at the uzo/periscope views.

This is the reason I'm looking for a copy/facsimile of all flags used in Grey Wolves if it exists.

Yeah - I love this pull-down but it has not been updated for a while and there are some nations (Portugal for one, as I learned the other night) that are not represented on the pull-down. I usually forget that the recog manual also has flags on it now, and it takes a while to click through all the pages/sections of the recog manual anyway, so it would be great if someone could update the flag pulldown to include all of the latest nation additions - any takers?

LGN1
08-27-06, 02:47 PM
Hi,

I made a new Flaggen.tga for myself several months ago. I don't know if the dates are still correct but you can check them yourself (see Readme). I took them from Rubini's unified campaign for GW. The download includes three different versions (fonts). Since I am not a great artist don't expect too much. At least they do their job. Hope you like them.

Screenshot:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7605/gwflaggenserifboldhighresqd0.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwflaggenserifboldhighresqd0.jpg)

Downloadlink:

http://rapidshare.de/files/30978143/FlaggenModGW.7z.html

panthercules
08-27-06, 05:34 PM
Looks great - just D/L'ed it and will try it out later tonight - thanks for posting this - much obliged :)