PDA

View Full Version : adjustable realism in new GW

shegeek72
08-18-06, 05:23 AM
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I think it would be cool to have realism settings in the new GW, similar to the stock game. For example, easy, medium and hard settings that would adjust things like sinking times, underwater brightness, presence of the 'orange circle', etc.
--
http://users4.ev1.net/%7Etaragem/moon_sub3.jpg

HunterICX
08-18-06, 06:29 AM
:hmm: Things about TGW settings

When Installing you get the option to adjust somethings like
Water brightness, friendly mines etc etc
you cant change it back after the install so choose wisely

in the game itself you still can change the realism settings like in SH3 stock
if u start an mission you can click REALISM

about the orange indicator , there is a file you have to put back in place. search for it on the forums it has been explained like an week ago or something

Good Luck

kiwi_2005
08-18-06, 10:08 AM
For example, easy, medium and hard settings that would adjust things like sinking times, underwater brightness, presence of the 'orange circle', etc.

Dont know if your already got it, but If you install SH3 Commander 2.6, (found in the subsim downloads section) you can bring back the underwater brightness. Plus you can have ya own Captains log generated and many other things. Works well with GW.

shegeek72
08-18-06, 04:24 PM
:hmm: Things about TGW settings

When Installing you get the option to adjust somethings like
Water brightness, friendly mines etc etc
you cant change it back after the install so choose wisely

in the game itself you still can change the realism settings like in SH3 stock
if u start an mission you can click REALISM

about the orange indicator , there is a file you have to put back in place. search for it on the forums it has been explained like an week ago or something

Good Luck
Thanks. I don't remember water brightness and mine settings in the GW install (not that they weren't there). I only remember seeing 8k or 16k atmosphere (that I didn't completely understand so I set it to 8k figuring it would be less strain on my CPU/GPU), whether to install the Das Boot intro movie and another one I don't remember.

I was the one who asked for the orange indicator (umark.tga) :lol:

My point was to put realism settings in the new GW install so hardcore players could set to high (low underwater brightness, no orange indicator, realistic sinking times, etc) and people who didn't want high realism could set a lower level.

In answer to kiwi 2005 - I installed just SH3 commander 2.6 :up:
--
http://users4.ev1.net/%7Etaragem/moon_sub3.jpg