PDA

View Full Version : Missing indicator?

KeybdFlyer
08-10-06, 03:37 PM
Since installing the GW 1.1a mod (which is superb, btw), I don't have the little orange surface position/heading indicator any more. I assumed that this was intentional and it had been removed by the GW team. Is this the case though? I've seen quite a few screenshots on the site and they all appear to have the marker - why don't I? lol
Or were they not using GW maybe?

bigboywooly
08-10-06, 03:44 PM
Since installing the GW 1.1a mod (which is superb, btw), I don't have the little orange surface position/heading indicator any more. I assumed that this was intentional and it had been removed by the GW team. Is this the case though? I've seen quite a few screenshots on the site and they all appear to have the marker - why don't I? lol
Or were they not using GW maybe?

You are right it was removed by GW
Its located in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Misc and is called UMark.tga

If you want it back you can replace it with the original - if you have it

HunterICX
08-10-06, 03:44 PM
Then they dont have GW mod,
I run GW all the time and dont have the Orange indicator.
but I dont mind that it is gone.

bigboywooly
08-10-06, 03:49 PM
Then they dont have GW mod,
I run GW all the time and dont have the Orange indicator.
but I dont mind that it is gone.

They may well have the mod but have just put the UMark back

Safe-Keeper
08-10-06, 04:24 PM
I dont' miss it, really. F12, ",", and "." all put the camera at the u-boat, so I don't need a cursor telling me where the boat is.

zombiewolf
08-10-06, 09:15 PM
cntrl delete, or make yoor own lil tga:|\\

KeybdFlyer
08-11-06, 04:42 AM
Decided to leave things as they are, firstly because I've got used to it not being there but also because it looks better without it. Thanks for all the info btw, nice to have experts on-hand so readily! :D