PDA

View Full Version : Gray Wolves!

shegeek72
08-06-06, 06:46 PM
I finally downloaded GW mod and can only say WOW! If yer on the fence about installing a super mod and have a decent enough system to support the extra graphics load, I say go for it! Just navigating out of a harbor will blow you away! :rock:

For those on dialup like me: I d/l each of the four files overnight and used Getright.

[I know this is OT, but wanted to share the difference a 'super mod' makes! See you in the mods forum!]
--
http://users4.ev1.net/%7Etaragem/moon_sub3.jpg

spork542
08-06-06, 09:00 PM
Aye, it is an excellent mod.

kiwi_2005
08-06-06, 09:58 PM
Yes its a nice mod - i love that music in the menu. the das boot movie, the sleek graphics, the extra maps which i just found while in map view, the smoke and that trip through the canal!.

Now I must try the NYGM.

enaceo
08-06-06, 11:29 PM
Indeed a great mod like NYGM.I have them both and I am affraid that in the next close period of time I will have sh**loads of downloading to do (Both the next GW and NYGM 2.2 :( )

buck28
08-06-06, 11:56 PM
Yes its a nice mod - i love that music in the menu. the das boot movie, the sleek graphics, the extra maps which i just found while in map view, the smoke and that trip through the canal!.

I've just downloaded the Mod myself and I love it. I have a question on this quote about extra maps. Where did you find them? Or mabeye a dumb question, but how do you go about bringing them up to look at?:hmm:

I Love this SIM!!!:D

P_Funk
08-07-06, 12:02 AM

I've just downloaded the Mod myself and I love it. I have a question on this quote about extra maps. Where did you find them? Or mabeye a dumb question, but how do you go about bringing them up to look at?:hmm:

I second that request. I've looked but can't find 'em.

enaceo
08-07-06, 12:04 AM
He's probably talking about the "mine maps" and "air coverage maps".You can find this on the map screen (lol) accesed by pressing F5 in the top-left corner of the screen.You can drag them where you can see them.If he's not talking about those,i'M also interested:D

buck28
08-07-06, 12:16 AM
:doh: Here's another dumb question. Is there any way to find longitude and lattitude in this sim like there was in the original Silent Hunter? I keep getting radio transmitions about differant long and lat's but I can find no tool to bring them up on the map?:cry:
No big deal; just wondering?

I Love this SIM!:up:

Rilder
08-07-06, 01:39 AM
Yea GW is an alright mod took me a lil bit to get used to but I like it... :)

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-07-06, 03:49 AM
He's probably talking about the "mine maps" and "air coverage maps".You can find this on the map screen (lol) accesed by pressing F5 in the top-left corner of the screen.You can drag them where you can see them.If he's not talking about those,i'M also interested:D

Cheers for the heads up, never knew that :up:

Dillinger022
08-07-06, 04:30 AM
What new ships, subs, and aircrafts are added?

Thanks

robj250
08-07-06, 04:54 AM
I just had my stock SH3 quit and gave me a window error while when the loading scroll bar gets about half-way across. Ubisoft got me out of that mess once, but I made a stupid mistake and exited my nvidia graphics (don't ask me why 'cause I don't know) and I tried to run SH3 and I got the crash (mentioned above) again. Well I followed Ubisoft's instructions again, but to no vail. I have saved my career, however I am in halfway through an important mission.

So, my question is, how can I find out what mods are in GW, 'cause for my vanilla SH3 with 1.4 I have about 14 mods loaded and I find out from Ubisoft that I have to do a complete fresh install I would like some questions,
1) will I be able to load my career (including the important unfinished one) back into SH3 once is reinstalled?
2) Will GW (if I go that route) work with SH3 CMDR and SH3 GEN?
3) is there a person I can PM about GW to see if GW contains the mods I would have to reinstall after I do a fresh install of SH3? 'cause I would have to reinstall all the mods I am now using.

I'm sorta not sure what to do, stay with the stock SH3 upgraded and modded using SH3 CMDR and SH3 Gen or do something else after I get the fresh install along with its upgrade 1.4

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-07-06, 05:08 AM
3) is there a person I can PM about GW to see if GW contains the mods I would have to reinstall after I do a fresh install of SH3? 'cause I would have to reinstall all the mods I am now using.

I'm sorta not sure what to do, stay with the stock SH3 upgraded and modded using SH3 CMDR and SH3 Gen or do something else after I get the fresh install along with its upgrade 1.4

Both work fine for me. The GW readme on their sit has a full list of the mods included.

I recently unloaded all my mods, did a fresh install to patch 1.4 and installed GW, SH3 CMDR and SH3 GEN. Far far better than the list of mods I'd put together previously due to the integration.

The General
08-07-06, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I have seen screenshots of some really cool looking camoflage on the hull of Type VII boats. I have the Greywolves MOD, but there is no trace of aquiring camo (unless I've missed it), is there some MOd I don't know about?

On another subject, I tried to get a Multiplayer game going last night, I hosted and called the server Greywolves Only, 'cos it doesn't work unless you have the MOD and I swear every single person who came on there went: 'What MOD?'. So needless to say it never kicked off. So, is anybody else out ther up for some Greywolves multiplayer action?

kiwi_2005
08-07-06, 06:22 AM

Top Left corner - 1 map, 2 charts on units etc.,

kiwi_2005
08-07-06, 06:32 AM
I hate installs of SH3 cause its a pain. What i do is when ive got my game to how i like it i then burn a backup by copy the SH3 folder from my drive to dvd including the SH3 in My documents and *importantly* the rego file of SH3 - found in Start-Run type "regedit" under ubisoft i export the Silent Hunter III folder to the desktop for copying.

Copy all of these to dvd. Now if ever i have to re-install SH3 i just copy these folders back to my PC & making sure i double click on the registry file to enable Ubisoft/SH3 into windows registry.

Game install with all my mods and 1.4 already installed. No hassles.

VonHelsching
08-07-06, 06:58 AM
I just had my stock SH3 quit and gave me a window error while when the loading scroll bar gets about half-way across. Ubisoft got me out of that mess once, but I made a stupid mistake and exited my nvidia graphics (don't ask me why 'cause I don't know) and I tried to run SH3 and I got the crash (mentioned above) again. Well I followed Ubisoft's instructions again, but to no vail. I have saved my career, however I am in halfway through an important mission.

So, my question is, how can I find out what mods are in GW, 'cause for my vanilla SH3 with 1.4 I have about 14 mods loaded and I find out from Ubisoft that I have to do a complete fresh install I would like some questions,
1) will I be able to load my career (including the important unfinished one) back into SH3 once is reinstalled?

Robert,

1) GW 1.1a requires a clean installation (patched with 1.4b), and that includes the deletion of the My documents / Sh3 folder. That doesnŽt mean that youŽll lose your career. Back up your career and paste it to the newly created My documents / Sh3 folder. If your last save is in a port, you probably wonŽt have any problems.
2) GW works fine with SH3 Cdr and SH3 Gen.
3) Check on the GW website about the included mods in GW. Click on my sig and youŽll be diverted there. Also please list all your mods. Some of them might work with GW, although not included there.

Von

robj250
08-07-06, 07:00 AM
*importantly* the rego file of SH3 - found in Start-Run type "regedit" under ubisoft i export the Silent Hunter III folder to the desktop for copying.

Copy all of these to dvd. Now if ever i have to re-install SH3 i just copy these folders back to my PC & making sure i double click on the registry file to enable Ubisoft/SH3 into windows registry.

Game install with all my mods and 1.4 already installed. No hassles.
I do not understand what you mean by "the rego file of SH3 - found in Start-Run type 'regedit' under ubisoft I export the Silent Hunter folder to the desktop for copy." Are you telling me to run regedit, and if I do, what do I search for to export...

'cause if I look for Ubisoft or silent hunter III in the registry there are several entries...????

fredbass
08-07-06, 07:05 AM
[quote=robj250]I recently unloaded all my mods, did a fresh install to patch 1.4 and installed GW, SH3 CMDR and SH3 GEN. Far far better than the list of mods I'd put together previously due to the integration.

Don't forget the weather mod. Commander 2.6 utilizes it if you have the mod installed. :)

robj250
08-07-06, 07:10 AM
[quote=robj250]I recently unloaded all my mods, did a fresh install to patch 1.4 and installed GW, SH3 CMDR and SH3 GEN. Far far better than the list of mods I'd put together previously due to the integration.

Don't forget the weather mod. Commander 2.6 utilizes it if you have the mod installed. :)

I use SH3 CMDR version 2.5 not 2.6

kiwi_2005
08-07-06, 07:28 AM
I do not understand what you mean by "the rego file of SH3 - found in Start-Run type 'regedit' under ubisoft I export the Silent Hunter folder to the desktop for copy." Are you telling me to run regedit, and if I do, what do I search for to export...

'cause if I look for Ubisoft or silent hunter III in the registry there are several entries...????

Yep Run Regedit, then look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on the + sign and then the + sign for SOFTWARE.
Go down to Ubisoft folder usually near the bottom. In my ubisoft folder their are 3 folders 2 of them are from other Ubisoft games the third folder says Silent Hunter III, this is the folder you want to export to the desktop to copy to dvd later. So in yours do the same if you have more than one entry look for the "Silent Hunter III" folder and export that. If you have many Silent hunter III entries? which you shouldn't but if so then just export the whole Ubisoft folder to desktop.

fredbass
08-07-06, 08:35 AM

I use SH3 CMDR version 2.5 not 2.6

You can still use it no matter which version you have, it's just that 2.6 will take care of it for you once you've installed it.

robj250
08-07-06, 09:15 AM

Yep Run Regedit, then look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on the + sign and then the + sign for SOFTWARE.
Go down to Ubisoft folder usually near the bottom. In my ubisoft folder their are 3 folders 2 of them are from other Ubisoft games the third folder says Silent Hunter III, this is the folder you want to export to the desktop to copy to dvd later. So in yours do the same if you have more than one entry look for the "Silent Hunter III" folder and export that. If you have many Silent hunter III entries? which you shouldn't but if so then just export the whole Ubisoft folder to desktop.

Gotcha. only 1 Silent Hunter III Folder exported to desktop. Does it have to be a DVD CD that I copy this stuff to or can it be a regular CDR? Thanks

The General
08-07-06, 09:31 AM
Does anybody know where to get those wonderful Camo Hull Skin effects?

bigboywooly
08-07-06, 09:46 AM
Does anybody know where to get those wonderful Camo Hull Skin effects?

Try here http://mpgtext.net/SH3Skins/

The General
08-07-06, 09:52 AM
Thanks BigBoyWooly! I didn't even know about this site, so much stuff!

bigboywooly
08-07-06, 10:05 AM
Thanks BigBoyWooly! I didn't even know about this site, so much stuff!

Its been down for about 3 weeks or so
http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/ is the full site

SteamWake
08-07-06, 11:49 AM
Hey thanks for pointin out those maps. I hadent noticed them before :up:

Another question... what is up with the little er... wood textured "tab" in the upper left of the screen ? Seen in all screens I think.

kiwi_2005
08-07-06, 12:09 PM
Gotcha. only 1 Silent Hunter III Folder exported to desktop. Does it have to be a DVD CD that I copy this stuff to or can it be a regular CDR? Thanks

Ahh depends what your going to copy, if your going to copy the SH3 game folder then it will have to be dvd as the game folder is approx 2.5gigs without mods, my Silent Hunter III folder with mods is nearly 4gigs. So i copy the game folder and the rego file to the dvd as well. You can move the rego file into the SH3 folder and just copy the whole thing. Also copy the SH3 folder found in "My Documents" if you want to keep your save games!

So on the dvd your have
The main Silent Hunter III game folder - 2 - 4 gigs depending on what mods you have.
The Silent Hunter III Rego file.
The SH3 Save folder.

Just remeber if you ever had to uninstall and do this method by just copy the Silent Hunter III folder back to your harddrive. Remeber to put the game folder back in the same place as where you first copied it. eg C:\program files\ubisoft\Silent Hunter III. Because the registry entry you copied is coded to this address. If you copy the game to another folder, say - C:\mysubgame\silenthunterIII the rego wont work unless you edit the rego.

bigboywooly
08-07-06, 12:10 PM
Hey thanks for pointin out those maps. I hadent noticed them before :up:

Another question... what is up with the little er... wood textured "tab" in the upper left of the screen ? Seen in all screens I think.

Its a chronometer - stopwatch
Drag it down into view
When you start the ingame stopwatch that one will start also but you can watch the wooden one on any screen - even external
You cant start\stop it by itself - only when the game one starts does that one:up:

DarkFolle
08-07-06, 12:22 PM
hi all, and again....SUPPPPAAAAAAAARRRRRMOOOOODDDD!
congrats, the GW mod is Outstanding, and was perfectly what i was looking for, used with SH3Gen is the perfect marriage, try it cause u'll never stop playing..

btw....is there a way to make latitude and longitude working again? i get these messagges of ships at lat and long but i can mark anymore a target in the map...

also, is there a way to make LiliMarlene Mod (italian Translation of the game) working? anyone of u knows something about it?

:know: :up: Great Work with GW, and give us some more!! we need it!

.....maybe Ubisoft should try to hire some of u guys so they will make a good game at once!....

bigboywooly
08-07-06, 12:25 PM
hi all, and again....SUPPPPAAAAAAAARRRRRMOOOOODDDD!
congrats, the GW mod is Outstanding, and was perfectly what i was looking for, used with SH3Gen is the perfect marriage, try it cause u'll never stop playing..

btw....is there a way to make latitude and longitude working again? i get these messagges of ships at lat and long but i can mark anymore a target in the map...

also, is there a way to make LiliMarlene Mod (italian Translation of the game) working? anyone of u knows something about it?

:know: :up: Great Work with GW, and give us some more!! we need it!

.....maybe Ubisoft should try to hire some of u guys so they will make a good game at once!....
Try this one http://www.ubootwaffe.net/quadrant.cgi will give you a grid ref for lat\long
Funny only just posted that in the other forum :up:

DarkFolle
08-07-06, 01:18 PM
ok i understand..i'll pick my old school geomap....:know: ;)

WilhelmSchulz.
08-07-06, 01:33 PM
Screenes please? :ping:

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-07-06, 10:01 PM

Funny you mentioned that, it was one of the mods I went and installed last night too. The howling wind, and moving cloud was superb. Coupled with the seasonal waves found in SH3 CMDR, very very impressed.

Really is an entirely new game.

Rilder
08-08-06, 05:13 AM
Btw anyone knotice that in GW whenever someone says "We may of been detected" it will say "Computing Solution for Aft tube" and when someone says "enemy ship is engaging us, sir!" it will say afterword Sweeping Aft, sweeping for" or something along those lines :roll:

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-08-06, 05:23 AM
Btw anyone knotice that in GW whenever someone says "We may of been detected" it will say "Computing Solution for Aft tube" and when someone says "enemy ship is engaging us, sir!" it will say afterword Sweeping Aft, sweeping for" or something along those lines :roll:

Not got that problem myself, but I've only been using it a handful of days.

The General
08-08-06, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I hear you Rilder, I noticed that too. Where did that new speech come from? How come it sounds like the same actors who recorded the original dialogue? If the makers of Greywolves were gonna add speech, why didn't they do more? What the heck does "Sweeping aft, sweeping forward." mean? What's 'sweeping', radar, sonar, is someone tidying up?

Kudos to whoever changed 'We have been detected' to 'We may have been detected', but leave my aft tube alone.

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-08-06, 07:34 AM
Kudos to whoever changed 'We have been detected' to 'We may have been detected', but leave my aft tube alone.

Kinky

The General
08-08-06, 07:35 AM
By the way, I'd like to get some multiplayer action going, so if antbody would care to join me, and has the MOD, I'll be online from 2pm G.M.T today! The server will be called 'Greywolves MOD only', the password is 'nomonkey' and will be in the UK. See you online.

TarJak
08-08-06, 07:39 AM
Not got that problem myself, but I've only been using it a handful of days.

I've heard tell that the GW boys used stock but "broken" speech and hooked them up with actions in their mod. I don't want to speak out of turn, but maybe one of the great modders who knows more about it can let us in on the secret?

The General
08-08-06, 07:55 AM
Multiplayer greywolves available today from 19.00 GMT. That's in the UK people. You must have the MOD, obviously.

The General
08-08-06, 07:58 AM
I've heard tell that the GW boys used stock but "broken" speech and hooked them up with actions in their mod. I don't want to speak out of turn, but maybe one of the great modders who knows more about it can let us in on the secret?

That's kinda what they did with original Brando footage for Superman Returns.

Lost At Sea
08-09-06, 08:00 AM
Howdy all,
been away from SH3 for a fairly long time (RL got in the way again) and reinstalled the sim last night + Grey Wolves mod.
I'm really impressed with what has been done with this mod. The new maps, the stopwatch, the canals and so much more.

I have one problem though... Maybe a solution has been proposed somewhere on subsim but a very quick search didn't show me the way.
Harbour traffic is way too heavy for my system:nope: Pity, i love the atmosphere but my pc slows down to a crawl.
Is there a way to lower harbour traffic by, let's say, 50% to 60%? Or, comes to worst, remove harbour traffic completely?..

My specs:
P4 3.0 ghz
1 gig of ram
ATI AX 600XT 128 m
XP Pro SP2

cheers

Fat Bhoy Tim
08-09-06, 09:00 AM
Howdy all,
been away from SH3 for a fairly long time (RL got in the way again) and reinstalled the sim last night + Grey Wolves mod.
I'm really impressed with what has been done with this mod. The new maps, the stopwatch, the canals and so much more.

I have one problem though... Maybe a solution has been proposed somewhere on subsim but a very quick search didn't show me the way.
Harbour traffic is way too heavy for my system:nope: Pity, i love the atmosphere but my pc slows down to a crawl.
Is there a way to lower harbour traffic by, let's say, 50% to 60%? Or, comes to worst, remove harbour traffic completely?..

My specs:
P4 3.0 ghz
1 gig of ram
ATI AX 600XT 128 m
XP Pro SP2

cheers

I have the same chip and ram as you, and have no problems. suggest you make sure all the little unnecessary programs lurking in the background are shut down.

Torvald Von Mansee
08-09-06, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I have seen screenshots of some really cool looking camoflage on the hull of Type VII boats. I have the Greywolves MOD, but there is no trace of aquiring camo (unless I've missed it), is there some MOd I don't know about?

On another subject, I tried to get a Multiplayer game going last night, I hosted and called the server Greywolves Only, 'cos it doesn't work unless you have the MOD and I swear every single person who came on there went: 'What MOD?'. So needless to say it never kicked off. So, is anybody else out ther up for some Greywolves multiplayer action?

Yes, yes I am!!! :D