PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug with HF sonar

Mau
08-04-06, 11:20 PM
When you are saving on the same scenario twice while you have your HF sonar "ON", the third time the game will crash.

I tested it many times. When you shut off your HF before saving your game, it will not happen.

Anybody else noticed that before? May be someone would like to try it to confirm.
That would be great!

I am using the latest Mod of Luftwolf and the OHP.

BTW I have to go back in the book, but is that normal that the range given by the HF sonar on the upper right corner of the soanr console, is alway giving 5000?

Thanks

LuftWolf
08-05-06, 03:31 PM
The HF sonar marks the contacts on the Nav Map with a mark cross, so the range indicated in the HF interface doesn't matter... 5000 might be the longest range at which the system will mark a contact, but I don't have enough experience to personally verify this.

Cheers,
David

Mau
08-06-06, 08:59 AM
Thank you very much Luftwolf for your answer.

For the other thing I was refering to, I am pretty pretty sure now (80%) that it is a bug (HF sonar active on the OHP and saving). The second time you will save after that you will be put back on the desktop.

As long as you know... Because after that you won't be able to use the previous saved one for that same scenario....

hyperion2206
08-08-06, 11:49 AM
Now that you mention it, the same thing apparently happened to me while playing a mission where you command an OHP in the Aleutian waters. The high frequency sonar was activated before I saved and when I wanted to load that game it just freezes. The only thing I can do is to press Strg+Alt+Delete. Until now I thought it had something to do with my slightly older laptop but now I'm sure I encountered the same bug. Thanks for bringing that up!:up:

Mau
08-08-06, 10:24 PM
Hyperion,

It happened to me during that same mission (Aleutian, from Furia - great mission by the way! and questions will come later on).

And after even more testing, it is really directly related with the HF sonar of the OHP (neveer tested it with sub...).

So just make sure you turn it off before saving!

hyperion2206
08-09-06, 03:35 AM
I had an old saving which I could load. I played a while, turned of the HF and then tried to save, but the game froze immediately and the only thing I was able to do was to restart the pc. I guess I'll have to start this really great mission angain:cry:
However I hope that this bug is will be dealt with pretty soon!;) :lol:

XabbaRus
08-09-06, 07:32 AM
Aleutians mission would crash on loading a saved game regardless of the settings of sonar I found.

hyperion2206
08-09-06, 11:54 AM
Aleutians mission would crash on loading a saved game regardless of the settings of sonar I found.

I don't think so, because I saved 7 times and I can load the first 5 but when I try to load the last 2 or try to save the game after I loaded the 5th one the game crahes. You know what I mean?;)

Mau
08-10-06, 12:55 AM
Xabba,

It will crash only and only if you let the HF sonar on when you are saving your game. I am playing now the Aleutian Mission and I make sure before saving to change the sonar mode (all to passive) and since many many saved ones without crashing.

This is not only related to the Aleutian mission. I tried it with one of the Stock mission (the East Timor one) and I tried to saved it twice with the HF on and the same happened.

Hope this help