PDA

View Full Version : OPFOR Add-on

hyperion2206
07-31-06, 08:53 AM
I've read some threads saying that Sonalysts is working on an OPFOR Add-on and I wonder if this is true. If they do something like that, have they already started?

UglyMowgli
07-31-06, 10:07 AM
I have a dream .....:rotfl:

hyperion2206
07-31-06, 12:16 PM
I have a dream .....:rotfl:

I suppose that means that there won't be an Add-on? At least I was able to entertain you!:p

goldorak
07-31-06, 12:44 PM
I suppose that means that there won't be an Add-on? At least I was able to entertain you!:p

It depends how well DW sells.
Jamie already said so and they had ideas as to what units might enter into an expansion pack.

hyperion2206
07-31-06, 12:49 PM
Then I hope that DW sells really well!!! When I look at the community I'm quite confident that there will be an Add-on available. Especially because I guess that only 1/3 of DW users are members of this forum. So there are many DW users out there we don't know about.;)

UglyMowgli
07-31-06, 01:08 PM
You know the 'if the product sell well then we will make a .....' I heard that so many time without effect than I have no more hope.

goldorak
07-31-06, 01:18 PM
You know the 'if the product sell well then we will make a .....' I heard that so many time without effect than I have no more hope.

Lets have a little bit of patience. (no jokes here please :p)
Its not as if SCS has to completely design a new graphics engine.
I think that adding 2-4 new platforms into the exsisting infrastructure is feasabile and won't cost as much money as developping ex-novo a new game.
So lets see at the end of the year just how well the european version of DW sold.

XabbaRus
07-31-06, 02:36 PM
Do you not think they already do that for their other customer?

I bet they have some other versions of DW with extra playable for them to train on.

I don' think DW has sold as many as they were hoping, though I have seen quite a few newbies around.

I think what might happen is that SCS will have already done an OPFOR pack for their other customer and then at some point they'll get clearance and feel generous and offer it for download for a fee.

Whistler
07-31-06, 03:12 PM
I would definitely like to take command of a Sovremenny or Udaloy... maybe a Krivak.

What would be the closest Russian equivalent to the OHP? All of their similar sized ships seem to have much heavier armaments, the weaker ones are all smaller patrol type ships.

hyperion2206
07-31-06, 03:32 PM
I think goldorak and XabbaRus are right. The ships that could be used for an OPFOR Add-on already exist, they'd only have to model the stations and I wouldn't be surprised if they already did that kind of thing for the military.
I think that the chances that an Add-on will be released are much better compared to the "big players" although i doubt that it would be for free.

goldorak
07-31-06, 03:49 PM
If SCS played the right cards, they could milk DW for the next 5-6 years proposing every now and then 1-2 new platforms (whom already exist in the database, just add the various interfaces) at half the price of DW.
It would be a bit pricey, but we would get new playable platforms (ships, air units, maybe new diesel subs), and SCS could make a regular stream of money.

SCS are you listening ? :rotfl::rotfl:

hyperion2206
07-31-06, 04:04 PM
If SCS played the right cards, they could milk DW for the next 5-6 years proposing every now and then 1-2 new platforms (whom already exist in the database, just add the various interfaces) at half the price of DW.
It would be a bit pricey, but we would get new playable platforms (ships, air units, maybe new diesel subs), and SCS could make a regular stream of money.

SCS are you listening ? :rotfl::rotfl:

Again, I totally agree! I would spend every cent I own for new platforms, so do it SCS!;) :lol:

Doc Savage
07-31-06, 05:35 PM
I really wouldn't mind paying a bit extra if they add a modern SSK (e.g. the 214).
Hope they do it...

awood6535
07-31-06, 09:50 PM
I don't mind paying too much as long as they don't get carried away but I'm sure when they are ready the addon's will be worth the wait. Also is it true that they are working on Collins ssk for a addon?