PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Game Paused Help

skip
07-30-06, 04:24 PM
I have been away from SH3 for several months now but recently decided to reinstall it and play again using the GW update.

The problem is when I used to play it before I changed some config which allowed me to switch between map and periscope and tdc views and zoom in and out of views aswell as enter various data all while the game was paused.

I'm a bit slow and I feel that as Iam commanding this boat alone and have no crew members doing calculations for manual torpedo firing solutions I believe that it is a fair compromise being able to shift views and enter data whilst paused, however I cant for the life of me remember what changes I made. So if anyone out there can help me out I would be in your debt.

cheers

KLARCH
07-31-06, 11:32 AM
I'm new to this, and would not blame you for waiting for a response from a more seasoned modder, but I seem to remember that in the commands_eng.cfg file there are something called context #'s at the top of the file that allow you use commands and stations at certain times. Context 2 is for pause and maybe if you add this number to the different Cmd lines under Ctxt it may allow that command or station to be used when paused. Worth checking out until a pro answers this post. Just be sure to backup the file you edit first though, so you can easily replace if it doesn't work.

Anyone Know for sure??