PDA

View Full Version : Anvart / Serg /anyone - desperately need you help!!

JU_88
07-30-06, 03:04 AM
hey guys,
Im still trying to get my aircraft mod up and running, I have a major problem and some questions.

First off and worst of all... Pack3d hates my computer! :down: When I run it (double click on the JAR file) its window pops up - but its blank (no menu or buttons)
Then after a few seconds after running it, my entire PC locks up and I have to reset.
I have java J2SE runtime enviroment installed, do I need any other Java software to run Pack3d???

Without this I cannot export and clone any dat files from SH3 - so I take it Im completely screwed? :damn:

Second off is skinning my models - im using 3Ds max and photoshop what is the best way (and SH3 compatible way) to create an aircraft skin for an original 3D model you want to add to the game?

1) Should I simply clone and edit an existing Bitmap from SH3?
2) Should I use max's UVW unwrapper
3) Create it from scratch using the same blue prints I used to make the 3d model?

Also what about Alpha channels, I take it SH3 uses them?

Thanks for any help, Its really apprieciated :)

sergbuto
07-30-06, 05:12 AM
First off and worst of all... Pack3d hates my computer! :down: When I run it (double click on the JAR file) its window pops up - but its blank (no menu or buttons)
Then after a few seconds after running it, my entire PC locks up and I have to reset.
I have java J2SE runtime enviroment installed, do I need any other Java software to run Pack3d???
J2SE runtime enviroment should be enough. It seems you have a problem with your Java software. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to resolve that.

Second off is skinning my models - im using 3Ds max and photoshop what is the best way (and SH3 compatible way) to create an aircraft skin for an original 3D model you want to add to the game?
I do not really understand your problem with this one. You can do UV-mapping and texturing exactly the same way as you do it for any other model using MAX or other software (I use DeepUV) and then import it to SH3. The only recommendation by Devs is put textures on one/two plates.

Also what about Alpha channels, I take it SH3 uses them??
Yes, SH3 uses alpha channels.

Anvart
07-30-06, 01:08 PM
hey guys,
Im still trying to get my aircraft mod up and running, I have a major problem and some questions.

Without this I cannot export and clone any dat files from SH3 - so I take it Im completely screwed? :damn:

1) Should I simply clone and edit an existing Bitmap from SH3?
2) Should I use max's UVW unwrapper
3) Create it from scratch using the same blue prints I used to make the 3d model?

Also what about Alpha channels, I take it SH3 uses them?

Thanks for any help, Its really apprieciated :)
About Pack3D.
Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition Runtime Environment Version 5.0 is
necessary. I have jre1.5.0_06 (Windows XP SP2).
DL: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/
What version Pack3D do you use?
Pack3D download from: http://24flotilla.gamab.net/pack3d/Pack3D.jar or
http://rapidshare.de/files/13718625/P3dAllVersion.rar.html
For the ships.dat it is possible to use the version 11/27/2005.
For other dat-files it is better to use the version 10/22/2005 or earlier.
In file Pack3D.jar from 11/27/2005 2 folders "Version_1" and "41105" with earlier versions of files are packed. You can UnRar them by WinRar ("Open With WinRar").
Second.
I do not understand your problems too.:hmm:
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
Create model in 3DMax
Create a skin in the Photoshop (it is possible with an alpha-channel)
Create UVW map.
Convert ready model to obj-file (WaveFront format with some differences).
Import to a base dat-file yours bitmap (*.tga) and geometry (3D mesh).

:hmm: :D

JU_88
07-30-06, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys - they are not problems as such - just inexperience on my part, I just want to make sure i dont miss anything important...:lol:

As for Java - it seems to hate / conflict with my nvidia drivers from 7600gt, been getting freezes or blue screens of death as soon as i touch any java application.... I will re-instal java runtime, and update my gfx card driver, hopefully it will solve it -or else my sh3 aircraft project ends here. :cry:

Anvart
07-30-06, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys - they are not problems as such - just inexperience on my part, I just want to make sure i dont miss anything important...:lol:

As for Java - it seems to hate / conflict with my nvidia drivers from 7600gt, been getting freezes or blue screens of death as soon as i touch any java application.... I will re-instal java runtime, and update my gfx card driver, hopefully it will solve it -or else my sh3 aircraft project ends here. :cry:
Yes.
Goodluck.:D

bigboywooly
07-30-06, 04:44 PM
Noooooooooo :nope:
Must be a workaround

Anvart
07-30-06, 04:48 PM
Must be a workaround
Patience and once again patience.

:D

bigboywooly
07-30-06, 04:49 PM
Must be a workaround
Patience and once again patience.

:D

Ahh yes I know patience
Its a good friend of mine;)

JU_88
07-30-06, 05:56 PM
Well, reinstalled Java Runtime, updated nvdia drivers.....

and......

W00T!! it all works :D :D :D

VipertheSniper
07-30-06, 07:23 PM
I dunno how much you've done until now, but some screens out of 3DS Max would be cool...

I take it the model will be a bit higher poly than the stock ones, and I suspect you're planning actually modelled cockpits since your asking if alpha channels will work?

I will definitaly download your mod once it's ready, eventhough I don't like them one bit, afterall they want to destroy me, but atleast they will do it in their full on-screen glory.

JU_88
07-30-06, 07:58 PM
Er... pack3d seems pick up ship dat file ok, but it dont like aircraft.dat files- I ask it to open one and it just sits their thinking about it but nothing happens! :damn:

Where can I get version 10/22/2005 or earlier as Anvart suggested?

bigboywooly
07-31-06, 11:30 AM
Er... pack3d seems pick up ship dat file ok, but it dont like aircraft.dat files- I ask it to open one and it just sits their thinking about it but nothing happens! :damn:

Where can I get version 10/22/2005 or earlier as Anvart suggested?

In your pack 3d folder do you have another folder "version 1" ? thats the one you want

In case you dont have it in yours
http://rapidshare.de/files/27683307/Pack3D.rar.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/27683307/Pack3D.rar.html)

JU_88
07-31-06, 11:36 AM
Thanks bigboywooly - but that rapidshare link is dead? :lol: , I only have a pack3d.Jar file I never had a rar file to begine with - hence no folders or other files that came with it.

bigboywooly
07-31-06, 12:19 PM
Thanks bigboywooly - but that rapidshare link is dead? :lol: , I only have a pack3d.Jar file I never had a rar file to begine with - hence no folders or other files that came with it.

Damn rapidshare
Hang on - ahhh
http://files.filefront.com/Pack3Drar/;5333148;;/fileinfo.html

JU_88
07-31-06, 01:24 PM
GRAVY!! :up: thanks.

I done a Whitley over the past couple of days ,beaufighter is next.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/junkers88/whitley.jpg

bigboywooly
07-31-06, 04:40 PM
Very very nice :up:
Been busy eh - well keep it up :rotfl:
Be nice to see a shot ingame soon

Fair play to ya - must admit am envious
Me no good at modelling