PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolves Mod-is It Good?

buck28
07-29-06, 12:26 PM
I have downloaded the Grey Wolves Mod, but have not reloaded my game to install and try it. I was just wondering how the community felt about it? Is it finally one mod to handle all of the others? Or is it bug ridden like the original? It sounds great
but I'm afraid to try it without some input from people that run it. Thanks

http://home.mchsi.com/~buck28/schultze4.jpg
Schultze U-48

mr chris
07-29-06, 01:19 PM
I play with GW and have not a problem with it. It has made my game a 1000x better than play with the stock game patched up to 1.4.
The is so much to see in GW to me it's all you need.:up:

Firebird
07-29-06, 01:21 PM
The original is 'bug ridden' and there's not much anyone can do about that. As for GW, it's a matter of taste :). In my opinion it creates a whole new experience while making the gameplay less gamey but still fun to play for a casual gamer like me. If you want realism above all else, check out NYGM ;).

gouldjg
07-29-06, 01:25 PM
Listen mate I am not going to lie to you about things here and you will get many opinions shouting for one over the other before long.

If you have a look round you will find that two major mods are currently on the go at the moment (GW and NYGM).

GW is a great mod and is currently in development for a future release which will add Hmmmm lets say it will be a treat for some peeps.

Some say it is a eye candy only mod but that is simply not true and is constantly disproved. The mod will implement historical data and totally expand the sh3 world if vanilla is what you have been used before. In fact if vanilla is what your used to, prepare to be shocked in many areas. GW aims for historical accuracy as long as it does not take the game play away.

Many others will also tell you nice little things about GW that give them a buzz. For me personally, it is one cool base mod and it fits in with my sim feeling without losing too much of the gameplay aspect. I obviously tweak a few things but GW is tweak freindly and they will always try to help those whom want to tweak it further. For many many players, GW is a real eye opener as to how a community can all combine their work and produce a wow package that is enough for most to give them thier moneys worth time over.

As you know NYGM are also doing great things (yep a GW dev member will say this cos IMO NYGM deserve credit where credit is due) and they have opened up some fantastic new ground on the sim which in some respects are totally different to GW.

I have had a try of it and it is stable and offers a new historical perspective from GW as well as some tense moments with the DD etc.

In all truth, all I can say is give them both a try and see what one suits you personally to what you expect out of this type of game.

My own vote goes to GW but I do think NYGM should also be given a try as for some this mod gives them the buzz they want.

Whatever takes ya fancy is what I say and no one mod rules them all.

At the end of the day all the little mods that get combined into the big mods are due to the generosity of individuals hard work, spare time and great thinking so I am happy to use any free collection of multiple mods rather than pay. Both mods are community mods, end of story IMO.

Onkel Neal
07-29-06, 01:29 PM
Both are good, made by a lot of hard working people. Why not try them both?