PDA

View Full Version : Some questions part 2

wetwarev7
07-24-06, 02:25 PM
okay, now for the mission editor questions:

1. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of objects(static/dyntamic) that can be put into a mission?

2. Does the 3D engine handle large numbers of vessels easily?

3. Is there a way to introduce new variables with the script editor?

4. Can you respawn players in a multiplayer mission with scripts?

5. Can you send messages to the players screen via the script editor?

The reason I ask most of these, is because I'm testing the waters (so to speak) on whether or not I can create a CTF(capture the flag) mission for single/multiplayer.

6. Capture the flag missions: possible, or no?

EDIT: Is there any way to reload weapons via a script?

Kapitan
07-24-06, 02:50 PM
1 None that i know of ive had around 100 units at sea not including land units so i dont think theres a limit

2 it can do depends on your own system

3 reactor leakage or something yes see www.subguru.com (http://www.subguru.com) downloads page.

4 i dont think so once your dead your dead thats it.

5 why would you want to? A and D keys are handy in game, also the amount of time you spend at PD in a mp mission is so short the chances of getting them messages are slim even with the VLF wire. (from own experiance ive missed a fair few messages in my time)

6 not that i know of be amazed if there was, personaly the idea is not about speed and see who gets to point AbC first its more find and kill thats the idea of it.

wetwarev7
07-24-06, 03:04 PM
6 not that i know of be amazed if there was, personaly the idea is not about speed and see who gets to point AbC first its more find and kill thats the idea of it.

True! My thinking is if you are just trying to make a run for the flag, your audio sig would be screaming "Look at me! Shoot a torp or missle at me!", forcing each player to actually think their way to the flag and back to base. But without respawning, might be kind of pointless to put alot of effort into what would amount to a infiltrate/observe/escape mission.

I need to send messages to each players screen to notify them if the other team scores, regardless of whether they can recieve radio or not, but with good teamwork, Link data would be very important.

Or maybe a multiplayer mission with sector control.......( I play alot of operation Flashpoint )

Fish
07-25-06, 03:37 AM
Sending radio msg's works flawless, just send a elf msg to warn them to go to radio depth.

Or: E_Rad_01.wav (Conn, Radio. Recommend we copy the comms broadcast)

You can use time or approach to trigger the msg.