PDA

View Full Version : Grey wolves and NYGM

bboyer66
07-17-06, 01:34 PM
I removed NYGM and installed grey wolves, does grey wolves include NYGM? or do I have to install that as well? Also is there no pre-set button to traverse the Kiel Canal like in NYGM?
Kind of confused about the relation these mods have with each other.

joea
07-17-06, 02:08 PM
No relation, different teams and all. I believe they just took a few mods like harbour traffic they individually incorporated (I think) but in different ways, and the Kiel mod (but the button only in GW).

mr chris
07-17-06, 02:12 PM
GW does not inclued NYGM. GW is also not compatable with NYGM. its just a straight choice between the two. You could if you wanted to make two installs of the game one with NYGM and the other with GW. As of the preset button to transit the kiel canal in NYGM you are best off asking in the NYGM thread at the top of the mod forum page.
Hope that helps happy hunting.

mr chris
07-17-06, 02:14 PM
Joea what is the trainsit button for the kiel canal in GW?

bigboywooly
07-17-06, 02:57 PM
There is no transit button in GW
Its on the wish list for the next release tho:up:

joea
07-17-06, 03:02 PM
Oops my mistake. :oops:

bboyer66
07-17-06, 04:14 PM
but am I correct in that GW uses NYGMs damage model?

bboyer66
07-17-06, 04:15 PM
Oh ya, and if not, are they similar?

bigboywooly
07-17-06, 04:43 PM
GW uses the NYGM 1.03 damage model ( or something like that )
Its not the same damage model as in NYGM 2 IIRC

Its better than stock anyway

Sailor Steve
07-17-06, 04:43 PM
GW uses an earlier NYGM damage model, 1.3 I believe. The new 2.0 NYGM has an updated damage model. The next GW will use something totally new and different. It is possible to use the newer damage model with GW by importing the Sea and Roster folders, plus certain files from other folders (I don't know for certain what all is involved, so someone from NYGM would have to tell you the rest).

Ducimus
07-17-06, 05:50 PM
It is possible to use the newer damage model with GW by importing the Sea and Roster folders, plus certain files from other folders (I don't know for certain what all is involved

Its possible, but i woudlnt recommend it unless you know what your doing. The heckler here is the zones.cfg. This file dictates ship , airplane, and uboat compartments and damage and probably a few other things im unaware of. Naturally this file has far reaching effects. If a ship or sub's zones were modded to a different setting, then the zones.cfg file will not work correctly. At which point your talking about cutting/pasting/replacing very specific portions of the zones.cfg file from one mod into the other to make everything work together the way it should.

NeonSamurai
07-17-06, 06:51 PM
Yep merging that together would be a pain and you would need to know (or learn as you go) how to mod SH3's damage model to pull it off. Definatly not a novice modder's project.

Also by moving entire folders you could gain many undesirable changes if there are large differences between the 2 mods. Which meens knowing which files do what, and which you want to copy and which you dont, and some of them may need editing too.

bboyer66
07-17-06, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the quick responses, keep up the great work