PDA

View Full Version : HT RUb and NYGM RUb compatible?

sumpis
07-14-06, 11:39 PM
I have to ask a maybe old question.

Is "Harbour Traffic 147 for RuB 145" compatible with "NYGM RUB Campaign Mod Ver 1.1 RUB Version"? They both deals with milk cows and mines/nets. Will I have double of everything or is the order of install important?

Thanks for help!

(then I will install the longer repairs, can't wait!)

sumpis
07-24-06, 01:36 PM
Bump. Anyone know?

Myxale
07-24-06, 02:50 PM
The NYGM 2.0 mod has an optional folder, and in it you'll find the HT add-in!:know:

sumpis
07-24-06, 05:58 PM
The NYGM 2.0 mod has an optional folder, and in it you'll find the HT add-in!:know:

I don't have the bandwidth to download that one. That's why I'm asking.

Stiebler
07-25-06, 02:15 AM
I don't have NYGM v1 installed on my computer any longer, but I believe that Rubini's HT for RUb 1.45 ought to install properly. NYGM is based on Rub 1.45 with new additions. Rubini's HT provides its own campaign_SCR.mis file - which will be somewhat different from the NYGM version - and all the extra ships needed.

The best way is just to experiment:
1. Make sure that your U-boat is docked in harbour.
2. Make a back-up of your SH3 folder in your Mydocuments folder.
3. Make sure you have the popular and extremely valuable J Scones' JSGME installer installed as per his instructions (in folder ubisoft\silenthunteriii\ ). Also make sure you have a folder called 'Mods' as ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods.
4. Unzip HT into the 'mods' folder.
5. Install with JSGME.
[If you're using JScones' other popular product, SH3Commander, you will probably first have to roll it back as 'step 0'.]

If it works, fine.
If it doesn't work, delete your SH3 folder in MyDocuments, and try again. (So make sure you have the back-up SH3 folder!)
If it still doesn't work, remove HT with JSGME and re-instate your copy of the SH3 folder into MyDocuments.

Stiebler.

sumpis
07-25-06, 05:00 AM
The best way is just to experiment

Thanks for the help, but I think they both will install fine. I was just wondering if anybody know if NYGM RUb was released compatible with HT RUb.

Stiebler
07-25-06, 06:53 AM
Sumpis said:
I was just wondering if anybody know if NYGM RUb was released compatible with HT RUb.
No, you've got it the wrong way round. Rubini released versions of HT to fit existing campaign files, no one created campaign files to fit around HT.

However, you may be thinking of the so-called 'Unified Campaign Files', which Rubini created as a composite of HT and the NYGM version 1.0 campaign files. They should still be around somewhere: try a search for 'Unified Campaign' AND 'Rubini'.

Stiebler.

sumpis
07-25-06, 03:25 PM
No, you've got it the wrong way round. Rubini released versions of HT to fit existing campaign files, no one created campaign files to fit around HT.
Okay, I'm totally lost. I use RUb because of modem connection. I use "HT for RUb" because of cows/nets/mines and traffic. I am thinking about using "NYGM for RUb" because of airforce corrections and some other minor stuff. But I don't know if both will override some things on the other and which one to install first. Maybe I should just use HT? Or maybe I'm just plain stupid. :dead:

Stiebler
07-25-06, 04:38 PM
Sorry Sumpis, but I'm a little confused too.

You keep referring to 'NYGM for RUb'. There is no such mod. I assumed previously that you meant NYGM 1.0, which was derived from RUb 1.45. But it is clear now that you have some other definite mod in mind. And unfortunately I don't know what that mod is.

I sympathise strongly with your problems with a dial-up modem. I have pressed on several occasions that the makers of the major mods should give some thought to those without a broadband connection, but as usual it's just a waste of typing. To download some of the major mods would have cost me more in phone charges (before I got broadband) than the original SH3.

Pity that some modders don't test their creations on *average*-spec computers too.

Stiebler.

NYGM Tonnage War Mod - Leading Edge Realism (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49428)

sumpis
07-26-06, 04:34 AM
And unfortunately I don't know what that mod is.
I'm talking about:
Not_Your_Grand_Mothers_RUB_Campaign_Mod_Ver_1.1_RU B_Version.rar

It is called RUB_Version. But I guess I will have to choose one of them. NYGM also has randomized convoy speeds, but I think HT adds more to the game.

I sympathise strongly with your problems with a dial-up modem.
I've heard that much of the downloads are new maps. Why not make a release without the maps?

Pity that some modders don't test their creations on *average*-spec computers too.
Haven't had that problem yet because of first said problem.;)

Kpt. Lehmann
07-26-06, 11:45 AM
Sorry Sumpis, but I'm a little confused too.

You keep referring to 'NYGM for RUb'. There is no such mod. I assumed previously that you meant NYGM 1.0, which was derived from RUb 1.45. But it is clear now that you have some other definite mod in mind. And unfortunately I don't know what that mod is.

I sympathise strongly with your problems with a dial-up modem. I have pressed on several occasions that the makers of the major mods should give some thought to those without a broadband connection, but as usual it's just a waste of typing. To download some of the major mods would have cost me more in phone charges (before I got broadband) than the original SH3.

Stiebler. (personal opinion only).
"You can always tell the amateurs - they're the ones who think that everyone else has the same computer".

NYGM Tonnage War Mod - Leading Edge Realism (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49428)

NOTE TO ALL!!!

GW 1.0 was designed/compiled and ran smoothly (Including Tanker IV's seafloor mod.) on the following system:

MSI K7 Motherboard Nvidia optimized
AMD 3200+ Processor
Nvidia FX5700LE Gfx card
2x512mb DDR 3200 RAM sticks (generic brand)

That was my setup less than six months ago.

I think you'd agree that by today's standards it is not a powerful set-up. It does however minimally meet the "recomended specs" for SH3.

There are MANY other things that can affect PC performance... such as spyware and viruses... feeble drivers... programs/ internet running in the background/fragmented hard-drive... etc etc etc.

Even now... as we continue to intensively test inclusions and scout for issues in suspected areas... we keep the recommended specs as an important "signpost" that states "Thou shalt not go beyond this point!"

Yes, GW is a large mod package... It addresses historical authenticity issues, as well as sound and graphics. Hex and text coding generally take little space... the price of including good sound and graphics in addition to historical content is space.

It is entirely possible as well... to have problems running program extensions and/or modifications that are by FAR less demanding than GW or NYGM... and STILL naturally have problems... if you have other "unseen" intrinsic problems associated with your PC.