PDA

View Full Version : Radio Message font size

Captain Wreckless
07-13-06, 06:06 PM
Is there a way to change the font size of incoming radio messages? I get 2+ page messages that I can't read because of it. I can't find a way to show next page either, if there is one.

I seem to remember someone says there was a way to do it, but I can't find it anywhere. I looked at the ingame cfg's but haven't been able to find anything.

Can someone point me to where and how to do it if it is possible? I'm using the lates Grey Wolves Mod.

Thanks.

CW:arrgh!:

enaceo
07-14-06, 01:35 AM
I don't really know if there is a possibility of changing fonts,but i think you can read those messages.I get some 2-3 page messages sometimes (i'm using NYGM) and they are split in 2 or 3 parts.First you receive the first page,then after a few minutes you get another message saying something like "message continues:blablabla".

Reece
07-14-06, 04:47 AM
I think Captain Wreckless is talking about the patrol load screen, it's ok for the start of a patrol but messes up when loading saves!:-?

Would be nice if a smaller font could be selected so as to fit the whole message in but the problem I think is the reserved area in the save file, don't think there is a fix.:cry:
Correct Me please!;)

enaceo
07-14-06, 05:26 AM
Ooooh those messages.I was talking about in-game messages.Ma bad:) .Theoretically there should be a .cfg somewhere that hadles that font ,there was a problem like that with Oblivion:TESIV -the in-game inventory font was huge and you could see like 4-5 items on it .Eventually a mod came out that made it smaller.

Rolf Eschke
07-14-06, 08:51 AM
Hello!
Change the Font is very easy.Open menu_10214_768,
look at [G37 I2] change Font.Also change Font in [G37 I3] and [G37 I4],save menu_1024_768.Ready
Greats
R.Eschke

Redwine
07-14-06, 09:07 AM
Hello!
look at [G37 I2] change Font.Also change Font in [G37 I3] and [G37 I4],save menu_1024_768.Ready
Greats
R.Eschke

Many thanks Rolf... !

You can change font size there, but what about to change font type ?

In axample the font used into the mission briefing ?

Can you help with this ?

Captain Wreckless
07-15-06, 12:34 PM
I think Captain Wreckless is talking about the patrol load screen, it's ok for the start of a patrol but messes up when loading saves!:-?

Would be nice if a smaller font could be selected so as to fit the whole message in but the problem I think is the reserved area in the save file, don't think there is a fix.:cry:
Correct Me please!;)
Oops, should have been more clear.:damn: I started a 1939 career and headed out to my patrol zone. Enroute I received messages from HQ about conducting the war ie: do not attack UK/FR ships until instructed to, later messages allowing attacks on merchants only, etc.... These are long messages and you can see they won't fit on one page. I even had one a month into my patrol issuing redeploy orders for several U-Boats which didn't fit either.

I seem to recall somewhere that you could find the file that has these messages and can reset to a smaller font, though I haven't found it yet or I dreamed it all. :rotfl:

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll keep trying/looking. If all else fails, I'll live with it. :up:

CW :arrgh!:

Captain Wreckless
07-15-06, 12:36 PM
Hello!
Greats
R.Eschke
Many thanks Rolf... !

You can change font size there, but what about to change font type ?

In axample the font used into the mission briefing ?

Can you help with this ?

I think changing the font type would help also.

Captain Wreckless
07-15-06, 12:49 PM
I think I may have found what I was looking for. When I get off work I'll test it and post back.

Captain Wreckless
07-17-06, 09:59 PM
I don't really know if there is a possibility of changing fonts,but i think you can read those messages.I get some 2-3 page messages sometimes (i'm using NYGM) and they are split in 2 or 3 parts.First you receive the first page,then after a few minutes you get another message saying something like "message continues:blablabla".

You are totally right! My fault. :damn: I just figured out what the problem is, a BUG in the game. I found the text file that produces the radio messages and it appears the game omits the 2nd part of a 3 part message at the beginning of the game.

The 3 part message is supposed to transmit: 09/03/39 @ 1400, 1401, & 1402. What happens is part 1 is transmitted at 1401, part 2 is missing and part 3 is transmitted at 1403.

That's what was confounding me. :rotfl:

Has this been reported over in the GW thread?

Venatore
07-18-06, 10:21 PM
Open the menu_1024_768 and go down to [G37 12] [G37 13] and [G37 14] change the Font from 10 to 8.

IronOutlaw
07-18-06, 10:42 PM
Where is that menu_1024_768 file? I'd love to reduce the font.

I should mention that you are dealing with someone who considers what goes on behind the On/Off button as being equivalent to the unknown and arkane mysteries from the beginnings of time!

Also, I saw mention of changing the font style, is this possible, and, if it can be changed, could I use the Crappy Wehrmacht Typewriter font with Grey Wolves? It is already used in the screen just prior to the saved mission as it finishes being loaded.