PDA

View Full Version : Harbour traffic

-Dreadnought-
07-13-06, 03:48 AM
Hello!
I am using the Rub mod, and I´m very satisfied with it except for one thing:

There´s not enough life in the harbours! I sneaked into a British harbour by night just to discover that it was empty, and my beloved crew somehow got a nervous breakdown which resulted with an unpleasant drop of fatigue... :down:

So my question is: Is it possible to just install the newest harbour traffic mod or does that somehow disturb the Rub mod? Might sound a bit weird but thanks for answers in advance...

Reece
07-13-06, 07:29 AM
You could try installing the 3 HT147 campaign files using JSGME but will have to start a new campaign, It should work ok! If not then just uninstall.:up:
Cheers.

Theta Sigma
07-13-06, 08:45 AM
Sorry, n00b, here. :)

Does GW incorporate a harbour mod? If so, which? I cannot install the Rub mod before or after GW, and was disappointed by that.

Incidentally, Dreadnought, which other harbour mod were you referring to? Also, is it GW compatible?

Thanks

Sailor Steve
07-13-06, 10:56 AM
GW uses the very latest, greatest Harbour Traffic mod, made especially for it. You should find no shortage of ships and planes in all the harbors if you're using Grey Wolves. I love it.

-Dreadnought-
07-15-06, 03:32 PM
What is this GW? Is it a stand-alone replacement for the RuB for example or is it just a package of improvements which can be installed WITH the Rub mod? Thanks!

CWorth
07-15-06, 05:01 PM
Well I wont go into a full description of what the Grey Wolves (GW) mod is.I will instead give you a link to their site so you can read what it is.

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/TGW/

You will need a pretty decent system because it kinda goes a bit to overboard with the traffic in the harbors and will bring lower end systems to a crawl while entering and leaving port.

Wilko
07-15-06, 07:05 PM
Well I wont go into a full description of what the Grey Wolves (GW) mod is.I will instead give you a link to their site so you can read what it is.

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/TGW/

You will need a pretty decent system because it kinda goes a bit to overboard with the traffic in the harbors and will bring lower end systems to a crawl while entering and leaving port.

Yes I have just discovered this :hmm: my poor system struggles a bit around the harbours but I am mighty impressed with everything else, GW + SH3cmdr 2.6 is a ton of fun :up:

rej17
07-22-06, 09:15 AM
Tried the GW supermod. Makes ships much harder to sink. Used half my deck gun ammo to sink on lousy coastal merchant. Then the system lost all my save files. I really liked the increased harbor traffic though. Is there anywhere I can just get a mod for Harbors and not all the rest of the stuff in the GW supermod.

Teho
07-22-06, 09:43 AM
Tried the GW supermod. Makes ships much harder to sink. Used half my deck gun ammo to sink on lousy coastal merchant. Then the system lost all my save files. I really liked the increased harbor traffic though. Is there anywhere I can just get a mod for Harbors and not all the rest of the stuff in the GW supermod.

Start downloading individual mods. GW combines them all. :rock:

Shadow9216
07-22-06, 10:43 AM
You can use the GW mod, but overwrite the zones.cfg file with the stock campaign file- I believe that should work.

It is possible to just use the campaign folder, with the modified scr, rnd and lnd layers, but some people have had CTDs with this- some incompatability, perhaps with the Sea and/or Roster folders...if that doens't work, you could try removing folders from the GW mod until you get it to play. For example, you want the campaign folder, but don't like the changes to the sound (hey, anything's possible). Deleting the Sound folder from GW will allow the original Sound folder to be used.

Doing this for some of the other folders may fix CTDs.

Good luck!