PDA

View Full Version : Tower Skins

bigboywooly
07-12-06, 07:38 AM
All the sub skins I have tried - for the IXB - cover the first coning tower but dont show up on upgraded ones:nope:
Any idea which .tga covers the turm2 and 3 ?:hmm:
Have a great skin for my boat but as I have the 2nd tower it looks odd:damn:

Any ideas

William516
07-12-06, 01:17 PM
Not anywhere near a expert in the area but maybe this can help. I have also been working on my tiger shark submarine skin for the U-66. Almost ready just a few small bugs to work out.

If you get the tool used for DAT extraction. I personally use the chessmaster program. A few people in the forums have pointed me to the location of the folder that houses the textures that you are refering to. Now keep in mind that not all areas of the conning tower are covered under one file. Some conning towers have many files.

Use the chessmaster program and navigate the search to this folder.

C --> program files --> ubisoft --> sh3 --> data --> objects.

Inside the objects folder you will see several dat files for the turm you may be using. The easiest way to find what turm you are using is to go into the folder that your career is saved in.

I believe it is in my documents under the sh3 folder. Not 100% sure. If you look through this you will see all the equipent and the textures needed to bring up when the game is loaded.

If your working on the IXB then you may be using Turm9_3

The best thing to do is make a backup and play with the files until you see it show up in the game. I have the 3rd conning tower and the files name for mine was
Turm9c so the number after the name does not mean anything.

I'm at work but when i get home i will see if i cant find the exact file.

Hopefully this can get you started.

Best of luck

William
Captaiin
U-66
"Tiger Shark"

Ducimus
07-12-06, 01:24 PM
All the sub skins I have tried - for the IXB - cover the first coning tower but dont show up on upgraded ones:nope:
Any idea which .tga covers the turm2 and 3 ?:hmm:
Have a great skin for my boat but as I have the 2nd tower it looks odd:damn:

Any ideas

The problem is, is that IX/1 tower uses a entirely different skin then the IX/2 and IX/3 towers.

IX/1 tower uses (going by memory), turm9C_1.tga

IX/2 and IX/3 towers use, turm9C.tga

bigboywooly
07-12-06, 01:26 PM
Not anywhere near a expert in the area but maybe this can help. I have also been working on my tiger shark submarine skin for the U-66. Almost ready just a few small bugs to work out.

If you get the tool used for DAT extraction. I personally use the chessmaster program. A few people in the forums have pointed me to the location of the folder that houses the textures that you are refering to. Now keep in mind that not all areas of the conning tower are covered under one file. Some conning towers have many files.

Use the chessmaster program and navigate the search to this folder.

C --> program files --> ubisoft --> sh3 --> data --> objects.

Inside the objects folder you will see several dat files for the turm you may be using. The easiest way to find what turm you are using is to go into the folder that your career is saved in.

I believe it is in my documents under the sh3 folder. Not 100% sure. If you look through this you will see all the equipent and the textures needed to bring up when the game is loaded.

If your working on the IXB then you may be using Turm9_3

The best thing to do is make a backup and play with the files until you see it show up in the game. I have the 3rd conning tower and the files name for mine was
Turm9c so the number after the name does not mean anything.

I'm at work but when i get home i will see if i cant find the exact file.

Hopefully this can get you started.

Best of luck

William
Captaiin
U-66
"Tiger Shark"

Thanx for your help:up:
Am using IXB with 3rd tower now so will have a look at that 9c dat
I use pack3d to extract and import my pics

Will let you know how I get on

bigboywooly
07-12-06, 01:42 PM
Hmm well all the tga in 9c 1,2 and 3 are all the same
The tower tex is on the tga for the hull ( the bit at the bottom left with the inverted V and doors lol )so I dont know what it uses when the other towers are added
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/872/nssuboat9bcamo6kf.jpg

Most odd

Redwine
07-12-06, 02:29 PM
I had a similar problem and the fact was a mod add some new textures into the tex folder.

You can use this way, may be you can unpack your prefered textures, then put them into the text folder, and then no new .dat file will override you favourite textures, the textures into the foldet tex, will have priority.

bigboywooly
07-12-06, 02:40 PM
Yes have put the above tga in the texture folder and it does show on the sub - except the tower tex
The part of the Tga that is used for the tower only works on 1st tower
It doesnt work for the other upgraded towers
Grrrrr :damn: :damn:

Redwine
07-12-06, 02:52 PM
Yes have put the above tga in the texture folder and it does show on the sub - except the tower tex
The part of the Tga that is used for the tower only works on 1st tower
It doesnt work for the other upgraded towers
Grrrrr :damn: :damn:

Into the Grey Wolves Mod there was some unpacked textures called :

conning_stu2B.tga
conning_stu41.tga
conning_stuff.tga

I remove them too to solve my problem, i dont know where are they packed.

Look if you have them into the tex folder, and if not may be you must to found where are they packed and unpack your favourite replacements and put them into the tex folder, they seems to be the responsibles for conning textures.

May be you can ask GW team to know where are packed those textures and its function.

Let me to know if you solve it, i note some changes made by new objects changes the conning or conning related pbjects textures wich is anoying....

Redwine
07-12-06, 02:58 PM
I take alook and those textures are packed into the Turm XXXXX .dat files...... into "Objects" folder

There are "conning_stuff.tga" and "TurmXXXX.tga" files there i think so this last is the responsible for the external coning tower texture.

Just take you favourite camos, extract all the textures into it, and put all them into the TNormal/Tex folder, then no mod will overwrite them any more....