PDA

View Full Version : @ Teddy NYGM Periscope Fix Mod.....

Redwine
07-11-06, 08:49 AM
Hi Teddy...

I installed the NYGM Periscope Fix Mod, it works fine, but i have a little problem.

After install it, i lose my oxid/caustic textures into all Type VII subs, noth happens into type II, IX or XXI.

It is posible to have a version with my old caustic textures ?

Thanks in advance !! :up:

Redwine
07-11-06, 10:21 AM
Sorry :oops: , problem solved, it was not related to Periscope Fix files, was my installed mods.

I recovered the caustic textures.... :up: and Periscope Fix works great !

Many thanks for job and effort Teddy...

Myxale
07-11-06, 11:09 AM
Can you explain what happened!

I also have suddenly another set of Tower textures!:hmm:

enaceo
07-11-06, 11:46 AM
Well if the "mod" you lost is just textures,then unload it ,load the mod you suspect is the culprit for changing them and then load the textures again.It should work .

Redwine
07-11-06, 12:38 PM
Can you explain what happened!

I also have suddenly another set of Tower textures!:hmm:

There was a pack of textures incoming from another mod into the TexNormal folder... then they was overwriting the packed textures.... the curious is... and what meke me confused, was when i put diferent "objects" into the Object folder incoming from diferent mods, the areas with loss of caustics cahnages too... due to that i was confused and thinking the "objectas" was the cause of the behaviour...

Take a look into the TexNormal folder and erase all textures relates to the sub camo.

I have the same problem now with the big gun turrets of the BB King George, i need to found what happens.... :up:

Well if the "mod" you lost is just textures,then unload it ,load the mod you suspect is the culprit for changing them and then load the textures again.It should work .

I think so was the new unpacked textures incomming with UBWA Campaign Mod V1.8... they was non caoustic textures, i erase some of them related to sub camo, conning tower camo, deck gun and AAA camos.

I recovered all my dirty and caustic textures.

Myxale
07-11-06, 12:59 PM
I used Fubars skins for all of my Boots, an the problem is, that fubar's stuff doesn't come simply in textures but in the packed dat. format. And so did the periscome files.

I'm totally clueless about the deeper moddingf voodoo! And i don't know what to replace to get the towers back to normal?:damn:

Myxale
07-11-06, 01:19 PM
OK, i looked once more over the Boots, and it seems that only the IX-B is affected!
The C and D are like always!:doh:

Redwine
07-11-06, 03:43 PM
I used Fubars skins for all of my Boots, an the problem is, that fubar's stuff doesn't come simply in textures but in the packed dat. format. And so did the periscome files.

I'm totally clueless about the deeper moddingf voodoo! And i don't know what to replace to get the towers back to normal?:damn:

I do not know how the Furbar's textures are... i dont reach to imagine wich is you texture combination, can you put an screen shot ?

Any way, you can unpack the textures easy using the SH3 Unpacker...

Myxale
07-11-06, 03:55 PM
It's simply that the tower of my IXB is the stock once again since the preiscope fix!
Everything else is fubars!

Redwine
07-11-06, 04:33 PM
I soupose if you unpack the Fubar's texture for the conning tower and put it into the TexNormal folder your problem will be off....

Take the Furbar's .dat file and unpack the textures with the SH3 Unpacker

:up:

Myxale
07-11-06, 04:58 PM
Thanx Red! I know i annoyed you already! :up:

Redwine
07-11-06, 05:57 PM
Thanx Red! I know i annoyed you already! :up:

Of course not ! you are welcome.

If you unpack your fauvorite textures and you put them into the TNormal/tex folder, then no file will override them.... i think.... may be correct ?

Try and comment...

:up:

Myxale
07-13-06, 08:18 AM
Ok Red, I got the Extract-Tool and Opened Fubar's .dat file. (the ones that are located in the object folder (turm files) extracted all the textures in it, and put them in the Texture folder....and taadaa it worked like a charm:rock:The ugly stock are gone and my Turm shines fubar-tastic again!
Once more something new learned!

Thanx for the hints!:up:

Myx

Redwine
07-13-06, 04:06 PM
Ok Red, I got the Extract-Tool and Opened Fubar's .dat file. (the ones that are located in the object folder (turm files) extracted all the textures in it, and put them in the Texture folder....and taadaa it worked like a charm:rock:The ugly stock are gone and my Turm shines fubar-tastic again!
Once more something new learned!

Thanx for the hints!:up:

Myx

So good to know... ! :up: Congratulations !